“Well worth the cost, sold entertainment that is different”

Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
Book In Advance
More Info
$59.99*
and up
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Surrender to an age of bravery and honor and witness epic battles of steel and steed. From ringside seats, discover a feast of the eyes and appetite with more action, more fun & more excitement than ever before. As you thrill to a rousing live jousting tournament, marvel at awe-inspiring horsemanship and falconry, Medieval Times serves a four-course meal fit for royalty. Hang on to your helmet. The show is about to begin.
Buffalo
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Well worth the cost, sold entertainment that is different”
Reviewed June 20, 2009

Recently in Orlando for a Convention and attended the dinner show with a group of 20. We all had a great time and really enjoyed the show. The drinks are expensive, but that is to be expected. The food was adequate, but the real attraction was the show, which we thought was very well done. The time flew by and for the money, it was well worth the cost. It was the first time for all of us and no one was disappointed.

3 Thank Wickedmotion

• Hebrew first
UK
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Such a Shame!!!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We have been to Medieval Times twice before and enjoyed every minute, so decided to go this time again. What a mistake.

The show has been revamped and is now long, dull and boring. The waiter we had in the blue section was so slow that the food arrived a long time after everyone else, parts of the meal were missed and he still had the cheek to demand a tip. They now only server coke or coffee during the tournament (although coffee never appeared) and if you want a beer, you need to pay $6.50 for one.

It is such a shame since this used to be an excellent family show well worth the visit and now it is not worth it at all, could not recommend this less.

5 Thank Nomadion
N. Ft. Myers, FL
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Get ready to have fun and drop some serious cash!”
Reviewed April 25, 2009

We were celebrating my husband's birthday and wanted to do something unique. It was suggested that we arrive 1.5 hrs. prior to the show to be sure we didn't miss the knighting. (I paid $20 to have the "king" call up my unsuspecting husband and knight him for his birthday.) We toured the medieval village which was quite fascinating for the adults but our 9 & 3 yr old could have cared less. We then re-entered the main facility to have our pictures taken and wait. The bars have a variety of alcoholic and non drinks. Two margaritas, two beers and two non-alcoholic frozen kid drinks plus tip was $55! We wandered about the vendors then just stood waiting in the great hall for the show to start. There were several groups of teens there. We later found out that they were high school kids that came by bus. The kids started doing this excessively loud chanting thing. It was truly deafening! No other conversation could take place. This went on for about 30 minutes. I watched the staff for their reaction and they kept looking puzzled at one another. However, no one did anything. We were finally allowed into the dining area. The front row seats were really good but in hind sight I think even the upper level seat would have been equal for view. The chanting started again and then the banging of the pewter mugs and plates even though the instruction given before we entered was not to do this.

The show was really impressive and entertaining. My kids sat throughout the entire presentation (9yo with high functioning autism and a 3yo) and even participated with their banners. The food was really delicious and satisfying.

I was disappointed in the photographer coming around to do the group shot and then informing me that it was an additional fee. I also did not like the girls that walked back and forth in front of us trying to sell light up items geared toward the kids. Finally, I was a little surprised when I was handed a note from the server indicating she did not get any gratuity from the price we paid for dinner. I have lived in FL for over 20 years and usually gratuity of 20% is automatically included for dinner shows. No where on her note did she say she could take a credit card so we struggled to pull together enough cash. Then we were worried. Should tip her per person in our group or 15%-20% of the dinner portion of the bill? I felt very pressured here! We decided to give 15% which was about $40. As we left we noticed others were giving $5 bills for a couple (gotta love tourists on budgets). Just as the show was ending the teens started their chanting again. If I am dropping $400 for dinner the last thing I want to hear is a bunch of ill mannered punks making a scene. I felt it the duty of the restaurant to curb the bad behavior for the sake of their other patrons. I was shocked to see as we left that those kids actually had chaperones with them. Great guidance! If your kids can't behave when away from home perhaps they should stay in the "hood"!

Great live show! Good to occupy the kids and still entertain adults. The price is WAY high to begin with but to keep offering additional services for fees is obnoxious. Make a price be inclusive of all items and I think you will fare better!

Throughout the show / meal the kids would occasionally do this chant thing which was still way too loud but at least it only lasted a few minutes.

6 Thank Tracy K
Philadelphia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Expensive!”
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We went to an 8:00PM show, and the crowd was thin, but we had fun. The show was top notch, but the food was a joke. There are no waiters, just expediters who just run food at the speed of light to keep up with the show. it is also VERY over-priced.

6 Thank SkyPiGG
Fort Smith AR
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Overpriced”
Reviewed March 27, 2009

We took my grandmother here while we were in town visiting. I don't have children but could see them really enjoying it. The whole thing is waaaaay overpriced. I mean 6.50 for a draft beer? I believe it used to be included with your meal. Now you dont even get that. The show was so so. It would have been terrible if not for the beauty of the horses. They are really amazing examples of the breed. I really did not understand what was going on, mainly because I could not hear or understand a word the announcer was saying. The food was ok. There was plenty to eat but it was nothing more than a baked chicken you could pick up at the store. No seasoning or anything like that. Plain chicken with a fatty rib on the side. If you have small children, I would probably recommend it. Just be WARNED, you will be forced to wait in the castle where there is nothing but toys and light up overpriced memorabilia every 3 inches. There is a difference between a little markup due to the novelty of the item to just plain outrageous prices. Be prepared to pay. If you are younger or older for that matter and have no kids, I dont suggest it at all. The acting is so terrible its not even funny. Dodging swords and shields like 3 feet and 5 seconds before the other guy even gets near him. Whats really funny is when one guy is supposed to get hurt and fall off a horse, but the other guy misses and he bails off at the end like he got hit. Pretty funny. Save your money and go do something else unless you have kids and a fat wallet.

3 Thank mattg80