“Fabulous Fun and great value”

Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
Book In Advance
More Info
$55.49*
and up
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Surrender to an age of bravery and honor and witness epic battles of steel and steed. From ringside seats, discover a feast of the eyes and appetite with more action, more fun & more excitement than ever before. As you thrill to a rousing live jousting tournament, marvel at awe-inspiring horsemanship and falconry, Medieval Times serves a four-course meal fit for royalty. Hang on to your helmet. The show is about to begin.
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Great night out... with discount tickets was cheaper than a mid range restaurant without the entertainment, which is great fun... food is fine.. what do you want for less that £30 a person

Write a ReviewReviews (2,628)
All reviews
in 32 reviews
"story line"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed August 21, 2014

My friend and I visited Medieval Times a few weeks ago. I work for a company that provides me with discounted tickets to the venue, so I decided to check it out for something to do one evening. We arrived approximately 75 minutes early, as the reservationist on the phone had told me. He said that there was "so much" stuff to do in the castle and we should definitely allow for extra time. Well, we definitely shouldn't have arrived that early. Basically, the castle consists of one large gift shop and bar. Personally, a few minutes in the gift shop was good enough for me and the beverages at the bar were beyond expensive, I refused to pay the steep price for them.

Eventually, everyone was seated in the arena. We were satisfied with our seats in the first row, though they were a bit off-center, but that was ok. The show began promptly and the waiters and waitresses began to serve food. The menu consisted of tomato soup, garlic bread (probably Texas Toast from a box, no lie), roasted chicken, ribs, baked potato, and an apple turnover. The food was delicious and the portion size was generous. I could barely finish my meal and I can eat a lot! One thing that I did not like was the fact that there are no silverware. I didn't feel right eating without utensils and I wasn't a big fan of getting my hands dirty, but I understand this concept is necessary to accurately portray the medieval theme and provide a point of differentiation for the attraction. Our waiter only checked up on us once, so be sure to ask for anything you may need in advance. He refilled our drinks and also, he kindly brought us more bread.

Additionally, the show was great. I loved the horses, the jousting, the games, everything. It was very exciting to watch and I had never seen anything like it before. I'm sure little kids would love watching something like this.

When the show was over, it was very crowded inside the castle. I did end up purchasing a photo that was only $20 and was in a nice cardboard frame. The traffic leaving the venue was crazy. I think they definitely should consider having someone outside to direct traffic. We sat in the parking lot forever waiting to leave.

Overall, Medieval Times was a great experience and I would recommend visiting. I don't think that I would pay the $60/$70 to get in, so I was glad that I had a discount. The food was yummy, the show was awesome, and the entire concept of the attraction is so unique! Have fun!

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Medieval Times charges 70 dollars per head for a 2 hour show with dinner included.

Whilst the venue, arena and atmosphere definitely got you in the mood, the show itself was actually rather disappointing. To be frank, it is a spectacle for horsemanship with a very weak and unnoticeable underlying story including a king, his daughter (princess) and an evil man who comes half way through, all of which don't have the best accents (sorry!). To re-iterate the atmosphere, it was very exciting and jovial with each section cheering on their own knight but it is not a social outing as seating is rows...and there were 19 of us!

The food could have been better considering the cost of the ticket although I do have to say that it was not bad. The soup was very watery and tasted like it came from a tin but the chicken and potatoes tasted quite nice.

Throughout the show, the lovely waiters and waitress were constantly walking up and down the aisles serving the food and drinks and pretty much at your service although their constant presence impeded some good picture taking.

Overall it was good to have experienced it but I wouldn't recommend going unless you are young or like horses A LOT. To be honest, the whole thing was lacking in a true 'medieval' feel in my opinion.

1  Thank Morgan L
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Great show and food for the whole family. We had a blast! The show was so energizing that they made sure to involve the crowd in the entertainment. Loved it and will do it again