“Reliable good time”

and up
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Surrender to an age of bravery and honor and witness epic battles of steel and steed. From ringside seats, discover a feast of the eyes and appetite with more action, more fun & more excitement than ever before. As you thrill to a rousing live jousting tournament, marvel at awe-inspiring horsemanship and falconry, Medieval Times serves a four-course meal fit for royalty. Hang on to your helmet. The show is about to begin.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I have been at least half a dozen times over the past several years, and have also been to the locations outside of Chicago and Los Angeles. We always have a good time, and this trip was no exception. We were able to get Florida discount tickets for a Saturday night ($34/adult, $30/child), and during this time there was also a "Throwback Thursday" promotion not limited to FL residents for $30/seat on Thursdays only. We also picked up souvenier flags to cheer our knight for $1 apiece, and then gave them away to little ones as we were leaving at the end of the show.

I selected the vegetarian option, and was very pleasantly surprised: it was a delicious stew with a tomato base, rice, beans, vegetables, and potatoes. Hearty and delicious; I couldn't finish it! There was also a vegetarian starter of carrot/celery/pita wedges and house-made hummus. I was seriously impressed. I have had a *lot* of bad vegetarian food at Medieval Times' various locations over the years...including vegetarian lasagna and black-bean patties wrapped in foil. This was a massive step in the right direction.

1  Thank Liz B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,626)
All reviews
in 32 reviews
"story line"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've been to Disney many times and never went here so for this recent visit we decided to try it. Probably one of the cheesiest tourist shows I've ever been to but worth it. Try to get discount tickets though via their promo codes on website. It's 1st come, 1st serve so get there early. Once seated just relax and enjoy it. This is not a 4 star restaurant, don't even get utensils and the service feels very rushed but the show is fun and the kids will like it. Afterwards the actors walk around in the great hall for pictures. Bring hand sanitizer and napkins!

2  Thank Marie H
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was my 5th or so time going to Medieval Times, but this was my boyfriend's first time and he LOVED it. Yes it's fake and it's acted but it's so entertaining and the food is EXCELLENT, our server was great. The only complaint I had was that servers were always walking around asking if you wanted to buy pictures or the light up junk and whatnot so often I couldn't see some things, but I've seen it many times before. We were cheering for the blue knight and HE WON! We were in Orlando for 2 nights as a celebration to my birthday and this made the night. We will return again. Never disappoints.

1  Thank AmbyrLynne
Reviewed September 28, 2013

this was my first experience with my family and friends and they enjoyed it beyond belief!! the show was very interesting and entertaining the showmanship was awesome!! and to top it all off our knight WON!!! Best Dinner We Ever HAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 27, 2013

As a part of our vacation we went to Medieval Times dinner show in Orlando, FL. This was not our first visit to Medieval Times, so we knew what to expect. We chose Medieval Times because of the festive, fun atmosphere and the good food.

When we got there, we presented our internet tickets and got our table number and color. Each color represents the knight that you will cheer for throughout the show. Then we took a group picture with the King. Expect for them to spend a good amount of time taking your picture and offering to sell them to you. They are not pushy, if you say no they leave you alone.

Once inside the castle, there are drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. There are also tons of souviners. Be prepared, if you are with little ones, they will beg. We shelled out $25 for slushy drinks in knight cups. My husbands executioner (a drink from the bar in a souviner cup) was another $15, and my non-alcoholic margarita (in a fancy light up cup) was another $13. So if you often yield to the temptations of the extra's, come with extra money. We also bought one photo that night, which was another $15. However, the photo also served as an autograph card for the nights to sign, so it was well worth it.

We arrived at the castle about an hour early, like the ticket says, but you really can get there closer to showtime. Everyone starts getting bored when you get there too early. Once they call you into the arena by numbers, the show is on!

The servers are fantastic! They are also in costume and provide you with everything you need, food wise. The feast is hearty. It starts with soup. You also get bread, chicken, potato, a rib, and a pastry. We were stuffed when we left. There is on silverware, but they provide a wet-nap.

The show itself is great. It started off, a bit slow, but they really get the crowd involved. You cheer loudly for your knight, and jeer the others. The crowds behavior gets to be pretty primitive, but its all in good fun. They have changed the show, and made it a lot more exciting. We all had so much fun!

We made it a bit more affordable by using a web code and purchasing our tickets on the internet. If you buy tickets on the medieval times website and use a coupon code (I used ttweb), you can save money. Check www.retailmenot.com for current codes. That is where I found that one. We saved $25 per ticket, which saved us over $150.

We love medieval times. There are cheaper dinner shows in the area, but the food is not as good and they are not as fun. For a night of family entertainment, combined with a great dinner, I absolutely recommend Medieval Times!

2  Thank Alethea J