Book In Advance
In high demand - travelers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

2,202 results
All reviews soup chicken garlic bread potatoes royalty package corn on the cob sword fights no silverware apple turnover pastry front row first row food was great beautiful horses all ages great night fun evening
Reviewed yesterday

It's been 29 years since my last experience at Medieval Times and I certainly can wait another 29 years for the next one.

First of all, this is a really good concept - a medieval jousting tournament/dinner show. You cheer for your knight while a morality play is taking place between the queen of the realm and her court. Most of the show is fun, but you cannot hear most of the dialogue because people are too busy coming around to the patrons trying to sell souvenirs and alcohol. (Most of the other dinner shows in town offer complimentary beer or wine and, for $62, I expect more than a mug of Pepsi.

The audience becomes blood thirsty, ignoring the pleas of the queen to save the life of a failed jouster. When the supposed victor lashes out at the queen with a misanthropic diatribe, the audience still cheers for him, strictly because he represent their team. The whole story line left me very uncomfortable.

The food is mediocre to poor, although our server, Jenna, was fantastic and attentive. Everything is just so darn salty, especially the chicken and the half potato. The tomato soup was just horrible and tasted nothing like tomato. Of course, part of the shtick is that you are supposed to eat with your fingers, which is uncomfortable when the chicken is so greasy. The most unforgivable course, however, was the dessert - a piece of lemon poundcake on a plate. There was nothing special about the presentation - just a piece of poundcake. The coffee tasted more like water than it did coffee.

Medieval Times is obviously incredibly popular - the seating area was almost completely sold out - and there was another full show ready to start as soon as the audience was cleared of the dining area. In my opinion, though, the quality of the show and the food make the entire experience not worth the price of the tickets.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

It was a new experience that my family won’t soon forget. I also must say that the food was quite tasty. No utensils but...nevertheless it was yummy. The show was fun to watch, a super nice waitress ; the photos and the energy of place made it memorable. All the LORDS AND LADIES Come hungry ,come ready to cheer your team.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

We did not arrive in time to walk around the medieval village, but did make it for the dinner and show. If you enjoy history or love horses, this show is for you- my teenagers even enjoyed it. The food is yummy but be prepared to use your fingers :)

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Went here with family.. been before not really a fan .. but was a good time.. if youve never been then go.. is kind of exciting. The queen is a little to liberal .. let the knights fight.. otherwise is a good show

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Show was made for all ages kept up a good pace and was entertaining. At times it was hard to understand announcers the food was good and quantity filled you up

Reviewed 3 days ago

***DO NOT BOTHER TRYING TO SET UP ANY GROUP RESERVATION WITH THIS FRANCHISE***

Why I say this? Here is my story. This year is my daughters 4th birthday. I have been planning this since march of this year. I gave my daughter two options and she chose Medieval Times. She was super excited because she loves this place just as much as her parents do. I had reach out several times to get pricing and was told the pricing for a group of 25 or more as (adult 69.00 and kids 59.00 with celebration package) but the first person told me I had to have at least ten people with me to start the reservation. The second time I received an email from group sales person and spoke to the same person on the phone to which they confirmed that I would have to just put $100 down in order to start the reservation and then my family can add on. I was like great because just in my immediate family I have about 25 people and who can afford to pay for that many people on a 9.50 per hour job. So yesterday, I called and was told I could not do that. I would need to pay for all the seats. So I called today to reach who I spoke to the second time and sent me the emails, but keep being transferred around to a voicemail where the person states that they are out of the office and will not be in anytime soon. They also do not have access to emails or voicemail. I called about 4-5 times this morning spending over an hour to get this set up. I kept being told no I don't get the group rate even if I pay for everyone. Then told I do get it but have to pay for everyone. LIKE COME ON. Are you serious!!!!!! What kind of customer service is that. Even when I called back you can hear that they are getting annoyed with me like I am a annoying fly. I loved this place since I was 4, but now I am ashamed that I have spent my money there. People please be aware when you decide to do anything here. They will tell you multiple things and not honor their word. Now I have to disappoint my daughter and find a new place to have a birthday celebration. WHAT A SHAME!

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Food ok no choice chicken soup corn and soft drink. Don’t go for the food. Adult beverages available. Great for kids 12 and under. Good way to pass time for adults. After the cost they want you to purchase everything extra. Kids will really get in to it! Relaxing stop on vacation for the family.

Reviewed 6 days ago

We came here for my boyfriend's birthday and we had so much fun! We got the package where they announced his birthday in the middle of the show. We got the vegetarian option (chicken is replaced with rice bean soup) and it was surprisingly really good! The one thing that concerned me was that the horses looked a little sad :( I hope they take the horses to fields so they can run their little hearts outs.

CastleWench, Public Relations Manager at Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Hello, Lady Karen! We understand your concern - we too are animal lovers and our horses' welfare is our TOP priority. They receive the highest quality of care. Our horses have state-of-the-art stables that include Tempurpedic beds and water fountains in each stall, which are maintained by our horse trainers and stable hands daily! If you would like to learn more about our horses, please visit our website and go to "About the Show" and then "horsemanship."

Reviewed 1 week ago

Why just watch a show - better to join in and live it with the cast. Extremely inviting cast - they work the crowd. Better than a sports venue - no one here gets upset when you are cheering or booing at the top of your lungs. Good value for the price and the show's pace keeps children and adults involved and not bored. Food was surprisingly good as well - so strange to eat everything with your fingers, but when in Rome. Left with broad smiles on our faces - just super!

Thank you so much for your kind words, Elgringochileno. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Cheers,

Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament

Reviewed 1 week ago

Don't usually review places but this was such an awful experience I feel like people should know. We paid extra for Queens Royal VIP and when we got there the show was starting and we were rushed far off to the far side. When we showed the server our VIP pass he went to look to see about our seats. He never said anything so I asked him if we were going to be moved, he said that there were some large people there and he didn't think we would be comfortable. We asked for the flags that were supposed to come with the package and again we had to ask him later for them again, since he seemed to hope we would just go away; we eventually got them halfway through the show. Wife ordered a glass of wine that was covered in soap and hadn't been properly rinsed, ruining the wine.
It is a lot of money just to have such a bad experience.

Hello, Kandum! Thank you for visiting the castle and for taking the time to write this review! The issues you encountered during your visit are not what we strive to accomplish in our facility. Your remarks about the VIP seating and service are extremely helpful to us in order to improve our operation. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are certainly aware that our guests expect only the best possible service and entertainment, and we are very concerned to hear about your experience. Rest assure that we will review your experience with the departmental managers involved, and will take the necessary measures to improve as this is not the quality guest service that every Medieval Times guest deserves.