“The toodlers will love but the parents will be wondering when the end is near...”

Green Meadows Petting Farm
Ranked #17 of 84 things to do in Kissimmee
More attraction details
Owner description: Green Meadows Farm offers a touching experience minutes from Orlando for children of all ages. We have a fun combination of rides and farm animal attractions that cover 50 acres.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We bought a Groupon that offered 2 for 1 admission. It's definitely worth it if you have this kind of deal. Our daughter is 2 and she loved every bit of it. A two year old doesn't care if the hayride goes nowhere and that you don't see much on the train. They are just thrilled to be having the experience. They have a ton of cute play areas but by the time we got to the end of the tour (2 hours) we (the parents) were ready to go. I'm sure my daughter would have loved to stay all day. And the reality is that when you are a parent that's the best money you can spend. So go, the younger kids will love it but bring lots of snacks, plenty of water and good walking shoes.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank BrittTravels

• Arabic first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great fun for the little ones!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I took my son and his two children for a visit because I got a coupon voucher through Living Social or Groupon - can't remember which one. That made it a great value. We went during the week and there weren't very many people. Often times when we go places the 1-1/2 year old doesn't get to participate due to his age or height. At Green Meadows he was able to do everything. We went on a pony ride (twice because it wasn't crowded), a train ride, and a hayride. We saw many animals and even got to go into some of the pens to touch them. The tour guide was very good with the children. Very patient. At the end, everyone got to milk Sweet Lips, the cow. The farm was very clean and the well groomed. Wear sneakers as you are walking through the dirt and in animal pens. If you have children under the age of 5, rent a wagon for a minimal cost of $3. It's fun for the kids and it will save you from having to carry them when they get tired. I love GM Farm because I see the joy through my grand kids' eyes! We've been before and plan on going again when we can get coupons!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Edgek
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for kids”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We purchased a coupon at living social so, we just pay half price for the tour.

At the beginning they told us to wait for the next Tour to begin but no one came to us. Ten minutes after, we asked again, a nice Lady helped us an took us to the pony ride area. After that, everything went smooth. We took the ride on the train.
Then, we started the tour on foot. We saw a horse/zebra, a bison, sheep, bunnies, birds, ducks, pigs... Best of all, my 2yr old had the opportunity to touch, smell, see, listen and feel the animals and their habitat. It was fun and she enjoyed it.

Cons:
At the beginning, no one offered or explain the benefits of renting a wagon ($3) before the Tour start. IT'S a Long walk and the wagon is definitely worth it :(

We went to the farm the day after a heavy rain day so, it was very humid and there was a lot of mud. So, if you are going to another place after, be sure to have extra clothe with you.

Pros:
Great experience for my 2yr for the price we paid

Our tour guide (a very nice old lady) talked loud and explained a lot of details about each animal.

The staff is nice and patient

We would definitely recommend this to family and friends with little kids.

1 Thank liveandexplore
Orlando, FL
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Amazing little gem in our backyard”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

First, part of the reason this was so appealing is because I got a coupon from LivingSocial that cut the price in half. For only $12, it was a steal!

The property is well maintained and offers many animals to interact with throughout the tour. You get a hay ride and a train ride and can rent a wagon for the little ones for $3 (because you will WALK, A LOT!).

The best part for me (grown-up accompanying her friend and her friend's child) was holding a baby duck! Yep! Never done that and the critter was adorable! You, and your child if they're old enough, also get to hold baby chicks as well as adult chickens and ducks (if you can catch them!).

Overall, I recommend this cute little place to families with young children or a city girl like me who misses petting farm animals every now and then! LOL!

Williamsburg, Virginia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Absolutely Horrendous”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We went to this place because their Website indicated that you could milk a cow. My wife who has terminal cancer has had a lifelong dream of milking a cow. When we got inside we were told the cow (the only cow????) was pregnant and could not be milked. They did not offer to refund our money claiming there was a sign informing us of that at the entrance. When we left we looked for a sign and still were unable to find one. This place is two and half hours of boredom. They first start you off with a hay ride which entails a circle around the "farm". Then several mosquito bites later you are back where you started looking at a pen of turkeys and then on to the pony's for small children to walk once around a pen. It got so bad my children were asking to leave so we ended up leaving before it was over. I would not recommend this for anyone looking to milk a cow or for their children's first farm experience. PS: The "Tour Guide" had the personality of a "Porcupine" so if you are looking for a human version of that you are in luck. My advice - save your money for something the family will actually enjoy!

1 Thank Lawrence C