“POOR GUEST SERVICE”
Review of Green Meadows Petting Farm - CLOSED

Green Meadows Petting Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Green Meadows Farm offers a touching experience minutes from Orlando for children of all ages. We have a fun combination of rides and farm animal attractions that cover 50 acres.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am extremely unsatisfied with the guest service provided by the farm. I purchased a groupon for admission for 5 guests. My groupon said that it expired on October 13, 2012 and was not valid for special events. I had misplaced my groupon and found it at the end of September and wanted to use it the first weekend in October. To prevent any conflicts I called the farm to make sure there were no special events that weekend. I was told that the whole month of October was a special event and that I could not use the groupon in October. This did not make sense to me since the groupon expiration included dates in October (to me, a special event is usually a day or a weekend, not a whole month). When I was told I could not use it I asked to speak to a manager (Jeanine) and she told me that I could not use it in October. After expressing my dissatisfaction with this, she said they would accept it Nov. 1-13 making up for the dates that it is unavailable in Oct. I agreed and asked what I needed from her to make sure that I did not have any problems when I came in November. She reassured me that she would post it on the wall so that the cashier girls would know to accept it. We took our family there the first weekend of Nov. and was told that they would not accept it. At this point I was extremely upset with how they were handling the situation. The lady at the desk (Linda- who told me she was the general manager) basically said its too bad that Jeneanine gave me the wrong information over the phone and that I could call groupon and get a refund. But why would I do that, I just drove an hour with my two children who were exited to go to the farm. I ended up paying for the 4 of us to get into the farm even though my groupon was for 5 people. I am very unsatisfied with the guest service provided. I have worked in hospitality for 13 years and would never treat a guest this way. If there was an error between groupon and green meadows farm, then that should be an issue to be worked out between the two companies. It should not become a problem that the guest should be responsible for. I'm hoping to receive a response from the green meadows management based on this message, but do not expect to hear anything based on the service I have already received.

My children had a great time at the farm, but the service provided by the staff is unacceptable!

2  Thank Maggie B

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was the best farm experience I have ever had. The guide walks you around to all of the animals, and is very knowledgeable and good with kids. It took about 2 hours, but then we stayed and ate and played on the playground for another 2 hours. There are readily available buy 2 get one free coupons online and in coupon books, so it was more reasonable that way. Our 3 year old had a blast and we really enjoyed the experience as an alternative to a theme park.

1  Thank brennah_12
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Wish we could have spent more time with the animals....seemed a little like we were rushed. Didn't like how the children were running up to the ducks & chickens to pick them up, the animals didn't seem very happy being past away like they were toys. The cow hook to the rope & earting hay all day just to milk her wasn't very animal friendly, felt very bad for her, I had to walk away. The idea is very good but really felt bad for the animals being bothered by people....you could just view them from a far & have the employees teach & talk about the way farms are managed. The rabbits they had was only feed pellets which is not healthy at all rabbits need hay all day long.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

And the hayride and train ride really start to point out a cheap backyard set up ... the hands on animal exhibits are really a great experience for kids - but I don't think adults will be very impressed. Sorry excuse for a souvenir stand, and the staff wasn't entirely clear how the whole "walk with a group" thing worked after we paid. Clean enough, kids will definitely love this as they'll have experiences they might not ever have again holding a chicken, milking a cow, a pony ride, feeding goats. There is absolutely nothing on the hayride to see - literally just a ride around a hay field and the train has some plastic animals roped to trees?? Very cheesy on the train ride!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Don't be fooled by the outside as this petting farm is great. From milking the cow to catching chickens and even a train ride this is a great place to take the kids if you like us have done the parks and looking for something a bit different.

1  Thank RobAils