“Beautiful Home in great location”

Review of Alice's Wonderland

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portuguese first
Any
momacar
Allentown, PA
“Beautiful Home in great location”
Reviewed July 16, 2012 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

The home is as advertised. Nice stone floors, granite counter tops in kitchen, full sized washer/dryer, linens, kitchen utensils, newer baths, & themed rooms. The game room was really nice the kids love the arcade games. The home was spotless on the inside. I was a little disappointed with the pool area.

The pool and spa both needed to be cleaned. The pool needs/needed to be scrubbed and the spa should be drained and disinfected between guests. I did talk to the ladies in the office and they were helpful. The pool guy came out twice to clean the pool and the spa. The pool guy informed us that they do not drain & disinfect between guest. Which seems weird since it isn't that much water and you actually spend more time trying to skim & treat than drain & disinfect. Most places that offer a private hot tub/spa do clean and disinfect between guests. Here there was stuff floating in the spa ( cotton like materials, bugs, and hair) and he just added chemicals and left. I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't turned the spa jets on and off before hopping in. I tried to go to the community pool but you need a key to enter and leave, which we was not provided with and I didn't ask for. At that point I just X'ed out the idea and went back to the house.

Overall we did have a great time in the house. This was our first time renting a home and yes I did miss the "room service" lol but every restaurant you can think of is near this home and it is very close to Disney. I wouldn't tell anyone not to rent, if the house came without a pool/spa I would give it 5 stars/dots.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location and Bathroom upgrades
Liked least: Pool & Spa area
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Orland Park IL
Reviewed June 10, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Michigan
Reviewed May 4, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

A TripAdvisor Member
“Home from Home doesn't come close.”
Reviewed February 6, 2012 for a stay in July 2011

Alice's Wonderland was just that, a place full of wonder for the girls(7 and 10) and for us. Watching their pure delight at everything they found in the villa was half the holiday fun. The large screen TV, the Dvd's, the games room, Alice on the wall, and most of all, the amazingly private pool. With the lure of the various theme parks, it is a testament to the comfort of the villa that our family preferred "pool days".
Theme parks were literally 10-15 mins away. Grocery shopping was even closer. Restaurants in abundance, spoilt for choice.
The staff we dealt with were friendly and very happy to answer any queries. We will definitely be using loyalty homes again. Many many thanks,
Joan,Phillip and girls.

Ottawa
Reviewed February 4, 2012 for a stay in January 2012

A TripAdvisor Member
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed January 24, 2012 for a stay in November 2011

The house was great. You could not ask for a better location if the purpose of your trip is to visit Disney. It was 10 minutes at most to pretty much any park. Having the pool and hot tub were great. The house was clean and comfortable. The kids loved the themed rooms and having their own TVs. I will be choosing this for my next trip to Florida.

My only problem with the home was that some of the amenities did not work. We had to call the service company (very helpful!) to get the wireless router to work. They fixed it next day, but it still did not provide a very strong signal. The pictures show a full sized computer in the home but it was just a tiny mini-laptop. It was also very disappointing that the pinball machine did not work.

n. ireland
Reviewed June 4, 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing