“left running”

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #38 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed July 4, 2007

At first sight the hotel looked dirty. Lobby floor was dirty , dinning area had all lights off. With good reason. They have roaches crawling around. They would be better off leaving lights on. Roaches hate lights.
The pictures posted on the internet are from some other hotel. Because it was nothing like the photos. When I asked the clerk at front desk if I could see the room first she said absolutly not. That it was not permitted. As for 2 or 3 stars. I give it 0 (zero) stars. and I didn't even stay. I cancelled and left running with my kids.
The only positive thing was the gentleman Jason at customers service that helped with the cancellation of this nightmare.

Stayed: July 2007
There are newer reviews for Ramada Kissimmee Gateway

Reviewed June 14, 2007

Having used this web page on many occasions to get the low down on planned holiday accommodations, I thought it's about time someone else benefited from my Hotel experience. My wife & I have just returned from a holiday to Orlando staying at the Ramada Plaza hotel in Kissimmee, This is our review.
Reading the past reviews on this hotel ranging from 'crap' to 'good value for money', We arrived with some in trepidation on what to expect.

Well generally the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Booking in was quick and we were directed straight to the 'motel' room (141) accommodation on the ground floor, (not the tower rooms, where reviews have always seemed more favourable) Our room also had handy car parking right outside the room. (Not always a good thing, as you will read later).

Our room was very clean, had 2 large queen size beds, nicely made up, the bathroom had a bath, shower and toilet, plenty of fresh towels and a separate sink area. This also had a small but adequate fridge, ironing board, an iron, hair dryer, all working. There was a large TV (with free and pay as you view options). A small table and 2 chairs, and 2 adequate sized chest of draws.
So we were pleasantly pleased with the room.
Beds were made up every day but not with fresh sheets, these were changed once a week, but towels were changed daily.

Now for the down side. Being on the Ground floor, and discovering later we were situated close to a hotel maintenance room, we found there was little regard for those trying to sleep. On a few occasions we had the need to report noisy staff congregating outside the maintenance rooms after 11 at night and on our first night a large delivery vehicle left its engine running for over half an hour after midnight outside the room, while the driver chatted with staff. A phone call to reception on each occasion did restore the peace, but I cant help wondering if this was a coincidence & It did not prevent similar issues on subseqent nights.
Each morning we were woken early by the movement of maintenance and laundry trolleys being pushed along the path outside the room from 7:30am onwards, and during the 1st week our room maid knocked on the door at 8:00am to see if we were out. Not Impressed! Vehicles parking up and driving off at all hours of the night also presented a problem especially for a ground floor room, so be warned. If it wasn’t for the fact we were so very tired after the resort trips it would of been a greater issue.

We should of realised that after the first problem we should of asked to move, But we were reluctant to change as the room was nice,the parking convinient and you never know what you will end up with. If I could of got a tower room, I would of done so, but these always seemed to be full.

Both pools were small, clean and adequate for a quick dip. The pool surrounds were nice and the gardens well kept. There were always a free lounges to use when we were there and clean pool towels available. Be advised that there were some motel style rooms next to the heated pool and games area, which could present some unwanted noise, but great if you have kids.

So in a nutshell, the hotel is generally very good for the money, its not luxury so don’t expect it. Staff were helpful and friendly. Its excellent located for the Disney Resorts, Only 10 mins from the closest (MGM). There are local amenities (shops, restaurants etc) right outside the hotel if you need them. I never went up the tower, but I would recommend a room there based on what we got and the reviews on these rooms, or at least be very choosy on what you get if they give you a motel room. I would use them again but would be more wary of my room location next time.

If anyone wants any information on this Hotel or generally about holidaying to Orlando or the resorts then please feel free to contact me.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank john.sowter
Reviewed June 1, 2007

The wife and I arrived on the 24 th May 2007 .We had booked via a UK operator and had booked the front tower room for 3 nights , the standard for a further 11. We decided afyer two days to stay in the tower roomdue to moving which would have been easy, but the room had a microwave and fridge .
reception staff found to be very helpfull , one problem with the loo flushing all the time contacted reception and the repaired it within two & half hours ,they left a message on the phone voice mail if any more problems to ring saving going to the reception desk.It is operated by Westgate resorts but no problem on being approached they have left us alone.Building has just been refurbished and very clean throughout staff always polite .
I am a fussy person so am very happy with this Ramada.To be fair it is very good especially for the cost. All ice machines round the pool work that is a first for my visits to america.pool area nice and clean and the pool is heated as well.

Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank bassman53
Reviewed May 12, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Ramada plaza Gateway from May 6 to May 11 2007. The Ramada is seperated into two sections. The Tower rooms and the inn rooms. We stayed in one of the inn rooms(369).
Room: The room was clean. It had working A/C,hair dryer, two large comfortable beds, color tv, coffee pot, and fridge. The shower worked fine. While it is time for new carpeting, it did suit our needs just fine. A clean safe comfortable place to unwind after a day of play at the Disney and Universal parks. Each evening when we returned to the room, the room had been cleaned, fresh towels were left, as were new coffee packs. Many of the area pizza places that deliver will leave flyers in the rooms.

Pools: there are two pools to choose from. There are large towel carts at each pool so you dont have to use towels from your room. The pools are clean.

Smoke house grill and deli: We did not eat at either. The smokehouse grill open for breakfast and dinner never seemed to have more than a few patrons even at peak hours. The breakfast buffett at 12$ could not compete with the ponderosa at 4.99 just up the street. On more than one occasion the deli was closed when the sign on the door posting it's hours said it should be open. I did once buy a 2 liter bottle of pepsi for 3 dollars and change.

Gift shop: I attempted on several occasions to see what the gift shop in the lobby had to offer, but not once ,in 6 days ,did I find it open. There was a sign on the door stating it would re-open at 5:00PM which was on the door all week.

I have saved the best for last.
The Ramada Plaza Gateway is actually owned by Westgate Resorts. Westgate Resorts are really just a Huge timeshare conglomerate. But, you don't have to believe me, if you go to the lobby to take advantage of the discounted Disney and Universal tickets you'll find out for yourselves. My wife and I wanted 2, 1 day passes to Universal Studios and Island of adventure. They are right next to each other and you can do both in one day. more than a 300$ value which they were going to give us for 100$. And even a free breakfast buffett. The catch is during the buffett and for 90 minutes afterward they will put the screws to you for a high pressure sales pitch for their fabulous time share. You can refuse and will still get your tickets at the agreed upon price, but it's worse than root canal.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank Rob1967
Reviewed May 3, 2007

I stayed on the 3rd floor in the plaza part of the hotel and really enjoyed it. I was only there for a few nights, but everything was fine. I am selective when it comes to hotels and this is a very good pick.. The room was nicely decorated and the bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and answered any questions that I had. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank noahsark1926
Reviewed April 24, 2007

Problems with room that have yet to be resolved. Staff does not care about anything other than talking to their friends and eating. Staff walks right through a group of guests without saying excuse me. I gave the front desk a list of items to be corrected in my room, I am now on my 4th night here and it has not been resolved. Even when I spoke to management, I received no apology, so they don't care either. Moths in room, horrible smell, and I booked a room that was "not available" the night I checked in. I don't know how this hotel is able to keep the Ramada name.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank jmacsar
Reviewed March 21, 2007

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Ramada. The front desk was very helpfull and directed us to where we needed to go. The check-in line was super fast no wait at all. Upon unpacking there was a call from the front desk just asking how my room was and if everything was up to my standards. The room was clean and spacious. No complaints at all. The pool was large it looked and smelled clean although we never used it. Only a five minute drive to epcot. Great proximity to shopping and food.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple