All too many reviews are purely negative, but I have to agree with the last two reviewers in their positive comments about this hotel.
We stayed for 2 weeks at the end of August / begining of September. Initially we were located on the ground floor of the motel part, however after 2 nights were asked to relocate as they were refurbishing our block. Whilst initially I wasnt too impressed that soon changed when we were moved to the 8th floor of the main hotel with views over to Magic Kingdomn and Epcot. Occassionally it could be a little noisy at night (why do American Fire Engines have such loud sirens and use them at the dead of night still?)
Rooms were spacious and had reasonable facilities. They do need a really good clean but were functional. Air-con worked fine as did the iron, fridge etc. Plenty of fresh towels etc were left daily.
There was plenty to do at the hotel. The 2 pools were usually empty which suprised me as they were superb. PLenty of towels usually availble.There are pool and table tennis tables, a basic gym and games room.
We found all of the staff to be really friendly and helpful. Any request we had from room service were met very quickly. Would recommend using the safe boxes. They are free to use.
We also chose not to eat in the hotel, purely on price, as there are numerous restaurants within a few minutes walk or drive. There is a Publix supermarket as couple of miles up the road too.
We drove to the parks each day. The hotel is situated on the main 192, with very easy access to all of them.
In summary we had an enjoyable 2 weeks here. It isnt the Ritz but for what you pay it is superb value for money. Dont let all the doom and gloom stories on this site put you off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Gateway, one mile from the gates of Walt Disney World®, is a designated Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® hotel and close to other popular tourist attractions such as Sea World Orlando and Universal Adventure .Our high-rise, deluxe rooms feature the convenience of microwaves, double sinks, hair dryer, iron and board with panoramic views. If you prefer more modest accommodations, stay in our standard Inn rooms - providing views of our covered garden area and tropical landscaped pools. Complimentary scheduled transportation daily to Walt Disney World®, Sea World, Universal Adventure and Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlets shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Ramada Kissimmee Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Gateway Kissimmee Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Gateway
- Ramada Plaza Gateway Orlando
- Ramada Plaza Gateway Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Ramada
- Ramada Kissimmee