“Defintiely worth a stay !”

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #39 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed September 15, 2006

All too many reviews are purely negative, but I have to agree with the last two reviewers in their positive comments about this hotel.

We stayed for 2 weeks at the end of August / begining of September. Initially we were located on the ground floor of the motel part, however after 2 nights were asked to relocate as they were refurbishing our block. Whilst initially I wasnt too impressed that soon changed when we were moved to the 8th floor of the main hotel with views over to Magic Kingdomn and Epcot. Occassionally it could be a little noisy at night (why do American Fire Engines have such loud sirens and use them at the dead of night still?)

Rooms were spacious and had reasonable facilities. They do need a really good clean but were functional. Air-con worked fine as did the iron, fridge etc. Plenty of fresh towels etc were left daily.

There was plenty to do at the hotel. The 2 pools were usually empty which suprised me as they were superb. PLenty of towels usually availble.There are pool and table tennis tables, a basic gym and games room.

We found all of the staff to be really friendly and helpful. Any request we had from room service were met very quickly. Would recommend using the safe boxes. They are free to use.

We also chose not to eat in the hotel, purely on price, as there are numerous restaurants within a few minutes walk or drive. There is a Publix supermarket as couple of miles up the road too.

We drove to the parks each day. The hotel is situated on the main 192, with very easy access to all of them.

In summary we had an enjoyable 2 weeks here. It isnt the Ritz but for what you pay it is superb value for money. Dont let all the doom and gloom stories on this site put you off.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
19  Thank LutonCobbler

Reviewed August 24, 2006

Was a little concerned about staying at this hotel due to reviews on this site and others, however was pleasently suprised!

Give it a break - it is a budget hotel being used by most as a mere base for the theme parks. In this respect it delivers - we only paid £20 per night for the two of us.

Ok, the rooms need a bit of updating, but they are clean with maid service every day. The 2 pools are also clean with fresh towels. The hotel is ideally located near Disney with plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

Give it a go!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank dazbear
Reviewed August 18, 2006

I am a travel agent in the UK. I have been very fortunate over the years to stay in wonderful 5* hotels and felt I had to leave some feed back to assist other travellers.

I stayed there in July 2006 with my husband. We had an "Inn" room which over looked the parking lot. We were on the 2nd floor which was fine. In our room we had 2 double beds, a small occasional table and two chairs, there was a TV and some comprehensive info about the hotel and the facilities they could offer. The bathroom area was fine with a seperate door to the loo. There is no wardrobes but a wall rail with hangers and were quite adequate. There was was also plenty or drawer space.

There was a mini fridge and a coffee machine which the creamer and coffee sachets were topped up every day. Maid service was good and everyday we were given fresh towels.

The aircon worked well but was noisy so opted not to have it running at night which was fine. The rooms themselves were spacious but dark. The main picture window did have a curtain which we choses to keep closed for privacy but was never an issue just our choice.

We never ate in the hotel as Pondorosa/Sizzlers are within 5 - 8 minutes walk to the left as you come out of the hotel and are much better value with there "all you eat" buffets starting around $3.99 for breakfast and $9.99 for dinner.

There was a snack bar which served pizzas/burgers/salads/rolls and sandwiches and were not overpriced and seemed fresh. This same snack bar also sold pots of cereals/danishes/fruit for lighter eaters.

Reception staff were always very pleasant and helpful. We used the safety deposit boxes which are at reception and would recomment that every traveller uses them. Just don't loose the key - you will have to pay about $100 if you do !!

To get to the parks, I feel this hotel is in one of the best positions. From the front gates (which are manned by secuirty) it's about 10 minutes drive to Disney/Epcot etc and found this hotel suited us better than the ones on International Drive.

Yes this hotel had room for improvment in some areas, our room needed a damn good clean around the skirting boards due to scuff marks, and had the odd few cobwebs but for what I paid I would go back. We booked though Travel Republic and paid about £25 a night.

There is plenty to do around this hotel regarding shopping etc but you definately need a car. There was no need for us to use the disney shuttle that the hotel offered but plenty of people were.

It seems there is plenty of negative comments left on this site which may put people off but, in a world were you get what you pay for this hotel suited us and would definately recommend it to friends on the undertsanding thay don't expect too much.

We never had time for the pool but plenty of guests did, there was ample of sunbeds and shade when it gets hot. The hotel also had some pool tables/table tennis facilities in a covered courtyard. There was plenty of drinks machines and ice machines in the grounds.

Stayed: July 2006
16  Thank nb01
Reviewed August 1, 2006

i am only writing this review to give a different opinion to some of the other recent stays at this hotel. I stayed here in July with my elderly mother and two small children.

Yes this is a budget choice, however, for the low price ( we paid around £25.00 per night) this hotel/motel is absolutely fine.

ROOMS-our room was cleaned every day, we were left loads of fresh towels, shampoo,conditioner,mouthwash and body lotion. The rooms also had a little coffee maker and coffee sachets were also left each day. Downside of the rooms are that they are a little dark,slightly small and the air con is a bit noisy, but apart from that they were just average and fine.

POOL- our room was at the back next to the small pool, which again was fine, pleanty of fresh towels supplied. We didn't use the pool very much but only because we we out most of the time.

STAFF- i again found the staff perfectly friendly, didn't have much call to speak to them, however when i did they were helpful enough. We used the Disney shuttle bus a few times which was good, if there were to may people waiting they always sent another one. Drawback of the shuttle bus is that the last one back departs Epcot at 9.45pm, this is really to early if you want to catch any fireworks etc in the parks. So really it's easier just to hire a car. We used the hotel cafe a few times (didn't use restaurant, so cant comment) cafe was ok done nice pizzas.

At the end of the day you must remember to review a hotel depending on it's star rating and price. You can't expect a top notch champagne hotel on a lemonade budget!!!!
I have stayed in many many hotels all over the world from 5 star in Dubai to hostels in Capetown, and this hotel is in a great location for Disney, and is very reasonably priced....so if that's what your looking for this hotel is fine. Who goes to this area to spend much time in their hotel room :-/

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
13  Thank mariespa
Reviewed July 20, 2006

Maintenance was painting bathtubs and fumes made me ill. Took me 3 days to find out why I was so sick. Had taste of primer in my mouth and major headaches. Vacation was totally ruined. Manager moved me from room at poison controls request but was offered no reimbursement or no extension of stay so i could get full use of Walt Disney hopper passes. Manager admitted the paint fumes were strong in my room and that the fumes were most likely coming through ventilation ducts. Poison control requested a material safety data sheet to know the exact product I had enhaled and it was never supplied. This hotel is not concerned about safety or health issues. After being home over a month and making several attempt to get part of my money refunded I was offered one-hundred dollars. I lost aproximately 400.00 on the Disney hopper passes I was unable to use due to the symptoms I was having. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Joyisthename
Reviewed July 9, 2006

Just returned from the ramada plaza and have to warn you all , don't use the phone in the room to call the uk as i had a charge of $17.00 DOLLARS per 1 call for2 minutes, and made 3 calls in total and was charged $53.OO DOLLARS ... A total rip off. The rooms were just okay as were the staff , whom had trouble trying to understand our strange accent no matter how polite you were. The pool was the worst , the water was smelly and cloudy and probably not cleaned from last july 05 that is. Locality of the hotel was great and the food was okay, but check out some of those servers in the resturant , they can't even speak english . So come on Ramada, clean that pool and stop ripping the british public off with STUPID phone call charges . f&c

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank ffcc
Reviewed July 7, 2006

The most disguting hotel I have ever seen in my life. We were out of there in 2 minutes. When we went to get our money back they did not even seem surprised. One room was even missing a bathroom door. Floors filthy, bathroom utterely disguting. I am really surprised Ramada has there name on this place. It was a joke. I have stayed at plenty of Ramada's in the past-but after this place I will never stay at a Ramada again. Plus it was Saturday afternoon in the middle of July and the pool was closed. They said it was becasue it was being cleaned. I saw no one cleaning the pool-just a foggy dirty hole with water.

• Stayed: July 2006