I was very worried about staying here for a week of our 2 week visit to Florida after reading the reviews on here- but don't let them put you off- this is a great hotel!
We stayed in a ground floor courtyard room next to the gym (and didn't hear a bit of noise from the gym), and while yes they do need a bit of updating it was still clean and comfortable. Also one of the largest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in, we paid for the basic cheapest room but it had the biggest most comfortable bed I've seen in a hotel room, and we even had a seating area with another TV in addition to the one near the bed. We had a large fridge with icebox (perfect as it was very hot!) and a nice large working AC unit.
The hotel itself is very nicely done, and has a pool, arcade room, bar, deli and onsite restaurant. I would recommend just going to the deli rather than the restaurant, the pizza we had from the deli was very nice but the all you can eat breakfast in the restaurant wasn't as nice. The pool was always clean and stocked with towels- I also enjoyed the garden area- perfect to sit and read a book in the sun! The hotel bar offered free drinks between 5pm and 6pm most nights of our stay, and while it was only pints of lager or wine still a really nice gesture for the hotel to offer, and I was surprised more people were not taking advantage of this.
We booked our tickets for Universal at the hotel rather than going up to the park and it worked out cheaper which was nice. We also used the free 8am shuttle to get up there, but did end up getting a taxi back for around $40 as we didn't want to wait until 6pm for the return bus (there was enough to do to keep you there until 6pm if yo go when its busy and you have to queue for rides, but we had no queuing at all). Overall very pleased with this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Gateway, one mile from the gates of Walt Disney World®, is a designated Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® hotel and close to other popular tourist attractions such as Sea World Orlando and Universal Adventure .Our high-rise, deluxe rooms feature the convenience of microwaves, double sinks, hair dryer, iron and board with panoramic views. If you prefer more modest accommodations, stay in our standard Inn rooms - providing views of our covered garden area and tropical landscaped pools. Complimentary scheduled transportation daily to Walt Disney World®, Sea World, Universal Adventure and Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlets shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Ramada Kissimmee Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Gateway Kissimmee Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Gateway
- Ramada Plaza Gateway Orlando
- Ramada Plaza Gateway Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Ramada
- Ramada Kissimmee