“Tell you about Staff housekeeping and Deli food service staff when I was there.”

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #37 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The house keeper was so sweet kind and helpful. Her name was Shannon I believe. She is a plus to your Hotel and she should be given a raise. I always get to know the staff cause I travel so much with my husband's company....We were here on business for 4 days. The staff at the this little food Deli especially the young ones were very friendly, kind and helpful. The food could have come out sooner, it took very long on some nights, but this staff was honest about times and was very caring about us waiting. When we got our break from work we couldn't wait very long then have time to eat... All the girls who worked in the hotel ( at food Deli)when we were there for the Dart Tournament. The only things negative for me is Front Desk staff could be nicer. More of them when you know many people are checking in or at least be able to call someone to help them,Checking in and checking out Was a nightmare.

Room Tip: Tower Rooms were very nice and I will be staying here again. Microwave and refrigerator a plus...A m...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dlynn2020

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
Apopka, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding recently and after reading the bad reviews for the hotel I was pleasantly surprised. I would definitely stay here again. The wedding was beautiful and the amenities of the hotel were very nice. The only complaint I had was that the mini fridge leaked in the room . I meant to inform the staff but with the preparations and festivities of the wedding it went to the very back of my mental file......... All that being said, I will definitely stay here again! I love surprises !!!!!.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Quanda418
Tampa
Reviewed September 13, 2013

After a break-in incident into our room, we were relocated. As the day continued, people attending our function heard of the events and approached the desk for entry into our room as a joke. When I did find out that they had access, I approached the desk very irate to find out that 10 room keys had been issued to my new room, without any I.D. being checked on any of the occasions. I was advised by the night manager that they only I.D. upon check-in. I advised the day manager of the situation, and was advised there wasn't anything she could do. I suggested a re-training of the staff and their security policies. I got the "Oh well" feeling during the conversation. I really felt like they weren't interested in addressing a serious situation of security or lack there of. I also left my business card to have upper management call me back, with no reply. My job?. Hotel and Condo Concierge, I would have been fired for this event.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank William P
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
I have sent this guest an email directly to see if I can get some information to find out which employee made duplicate keys without asking for ID. If this reviewer stayed at a different hotel, I will ask for the review to be removed from our site. If in fact this did happen at our hotel, the employee that did this will be disciplined in accordance with our HR policy, along with the day manager that showed no concern whatsoever. For the record, once a new key is made for a room, there is a trail that will allow us to see who made the key. What this guest is stating is absolutely against policy and it is a basic front desk standard to ask for identification for a key to be reissued.

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Colonia, New Jersey
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Day Manager Stephanie was very helpful with the problems I had, she tended to them very quickly, she was very nice and was a pleasure to speak to. Because of her my visit was enjoyable and because of her I would return to your hotel. I wish there was more people like her, she knows how to treat the guest.
John G

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank chu676
St. John's, Newfoundland
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I'll lay it out straight: if you're looking for a 5-star hotel, this one isn't for you. But if you're looking for a safe, comfortable place to stay at a fantastic price, the Ramada Kissimmee Gateway is great. My family (including preschooler) stayed here for 10 days in July and had a fantastic time. We were a bit wary, having read some of the Tripadvisor reviews, but it was totally fine. Our only problems were the fact that our room smelled damp (we bought a plug-in air freshener at Wal-Mart), and the WiFi didn't work well (but we called down to the front desk and were told they were having problems at were waiting for a repairman. It was eventually fixed, after a couple days). The hotel lobby is nice, and we stayed in a tower room, which was large, had a microwave and fridge, and two queen beds. Linens and towels were impeccably clean and white and the housekeeping staff was lovely! The bathroom could have used a bit of renovating (tub needed to be painted, etc), but it was clean. We had no problems with noise. The swimming pool area was really nice, and there are laundry facilities, which we used. The hotel is very close to the Disney parks, and there's a daily shuttle, though we didn't use it. Restaurants, gift shops, etc all close. There's also a security guard at the main entrance, which we appreciated. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The criteria for choosing a hotel were, reasonably priced, shuttle to Disney and a pool. The Ramada satisfied all of those, and so we booked.
We arrived at the hotel slightly nervous, having read some of the recent reviews about poor shuttles and dirty unclean rooms. When we stepped into the lobby it was bright, clean and airy. Booking in was incredibly easy and the receptionist pointed out all of the things that we needed to know about the hotel and the shuttle services. We were also given discount vouchers for breakfast and evening meal.
Our room was a standard room with twin queen size beds which were very comfortable. They did have a very colorful cover on them though that looked very dated. On the whole the room was big, with enough storage for the 10 days we were going to be there. The lighting however was quite poor, with no central ceiling light, so lots of lights were required to illuminate the whole room. As we had a roomt hat bordered the pool, we tended to keep the curtains shut when we were in the room - again, the curtains could be described as "interesting".
The bathroom area was bright and clean and contained a small coffee/tea maker. Was surprised that there were complimentary toiletries in a hotel at this price point.
The reviews about the poor shuttle service must relate to the high summer as we never encountered any issues. They were always on time in both directions.
We spent a couple of days just relaxing by the pool, which is big enough to swim in and had enough loungers and table to accomodate everyone. pool towels were also provided, again, another nice touch.
The food served in the smokehouse grill and the deli was good with a wide selection of choice.
On the whole, the hotel facilities are good and the shuttles are great. Our room was slightly dated and could do with freshening up but that didn't detract from what was a very comfortable and clean hotel.
I would have no trouble using this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Phill25
Reviewed September 5, 2013

-Bed sheets were not changed from previous guest.
-There were black and brown smudge marks on all four pillows.
-Mold covered a large part of the ceiling.
-carpets were extremely dirty
-room smelled like there's an mold infestation.
The only thing that looked clean were the towels, but after seeing the condition of the room and bed sheets, I was afraid to use the towels.

I've paid much less and stayed at much better hotels.

• Stayed September 2013