“A gem in Kissimmee”

Ranked #38 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Miami, Florida
“A gem in Kissimmee”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Kissimmee to spend a supposed to be an three-night get away to celebrate our birthdays together. After a lot of pre planning and researching we decided to stay at the Ramada Gateway. We are so glad we did!
The front desk staff are lovely. Thanks especially to Greg who was so patient with us and so hospitable and kind. The restaurants on site are great. We had breakfast three days while we were there. We had the buffet style all three days. Great hot scrambled eggs, delicious fresh fruit, cereals, pastries, hot coffee, and orange juice all included.Plus they will even make you waffles and delicious omelettes if you want.That is included in the buffet price.
To make things even more wonderful, the morning restaurant staff are lovely, funny, delightful. and so hospitable. A special thanks to Tanya, Louise, Robin and all the other lovely people that work their and were so nice. We also had pizza for dinner in their other restaurant which we hardly had to wait for to be made, and was so yummy! They also serve lunch in this restaurant too..
Now the rooms... The first three nights we stayed in the lower building. Air conditioning- central air was great. Beds were really comfortable, Telivision was great, and the shower was really good. My boyfriend is on the taller side, and thought that the shower head was a little two low for him, but otherwise was happy.

We decided to splurge and stay one more night. We asked again about the tower rooms and were fortunate to be able to see a couple of the rooms the evening before. We lucked out; there was a tower room available overlooking animal kingdom, disney, and Epcot available. The room was gorgeous.. The beds were even better than the ones in the low building. The shower head was up much higher, so my boyfriend was even happier. We were able to watch the fireworks from Disney at 10 Pm from our room.. How spectacular that was.
We stayed on the seventh floor that evening and I believe the room was 1705.. They also have beautiful suites in the tower. I highly recommend the tower building. Its worth the extra money.. You will feel like you are really really on vacation.
Its also in a great location. You are not far from Disney properties and only about 20 minutes from Universal.
I really hope I get to go back with my boyfriend and plan to stay at this property again

Also gift shop on property is really adorable too.. Nice people that work at it also.

Room Tip: Tower rooms definitely. Ask for Florida Rates if you do live in Florida. Rooms away from ice machin...
1 Thank Marlyn15E
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Marylyn15E,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again! I've passed on your comments to those staff members mentioned and I sincerely appreciate you pointing them out for me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
BEECH CREEK
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The room was clean, Everything worked, except iron, a replacement was there in 10 mins.. Service was very friendly, one pool was being redone, but other pool was clean and warm. Courtyard was very pretty and relaxing. Cant beat it for the price, location and service.

Room Tip: Pick a poolside room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RUSSELL H
Dear Russell H,
Thank you for your honest review of our hotel, and for taking the time to put it on Tripadvisor. I was glad to read that a problem you experienced with the iron was taken care of quickly and wanted to apologize for the back pool being under renovation....I hope it wasn't too much of an issue. . It came out beautifully, come back and see us!
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in this hotel from May 1 -5, 2013 , courtesy of Club Astoria. The place is good for families with children , considering its facilities and location. The place is so clean and has a relaxing ambiance. Shuttle service is on time and the staff are so polite and accommodating !

Room Tip: Choose a room on the ground floor if you have several pieces of luggage ! Rooms facing the pool and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FlorMiranda
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon for two weeks and it was very nice. All the staff are helpful, the rooms are clean and are done everyday including fresh towels also the beds are really comfy. We originally were booked in a pool motel room, but we liked the look of the tower room more so we upgraded for our entire stay. We stayed on the 5th floor and could watch the fireworks from our room which was nice. We ate at the restaurant and deli often and thought they were both good quality for the price. The free shuttle is great, always on time and a very helpful driver the only criticism is there is only one in the morning to Universal which is at eight so you have to be up early whenever you want to go. There are a few for Disney and you can transfer between parks so there was no problem with that. Overall a very enjoyable stay with no problems.

Room Tip: Make sure you can get a tower room facing the front so you can see the fireworks. There is the main...
2 Thank Rachel M
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My partner and I are staying 3 nights, just arrived.
Although we had a few issues with our reservation before arriving, we have been surprisingly very satisfied with our stay. I believe it is a slower week for the Disney area and as a Florida resident we were able to steal a deal of 39.99 a night for a pool/garden room. We decided to stay here because of the free scheduled shuttle services to the parks and also because the rooms were to be equipped with a fridge and microwave. When we arrived in our pool/garden room, although older and worn, it was very clean and perfect for what we needed it for. Downfall, we were told there was a microwave and there was not. This was an issue for us simply because I have a gluten allergy and my partner has a strict diet due to a heart condition. We prepared our meals before we left and not having a microwave was an issue simply because eating out is unfortunately not an option all the time. We spoke with the manager and he was very understanding as one of his reservation staff must have miscommunicated with us. He upgraded us to a room in the "tower" section of the hotel. I believe it would have been $20 more. I must say it is worth the money, the room is more modern than the dated pool/garden rooms. The "tower" rooms are again very clean, a flat screen, larger fridge, a microwave, and 2 sinks. The bedding is a bit nicer as well. Overall, this place is a very good value for a clean and comfortable stay whether you choose the cheaper dated but very clean rooms, or upgrade and spend a little more and receive the modern amenities.
I would definitely recommend this for those who like a very good price and a clean room.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are much nicer than the pool or garden rooms.
1 Thank dfunk15
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My family have stayed at the Ramada Gateway a couple times and will continue to go back when visiting Disney World. We live in Toronto and booked the Gateway online for a great price. It's very close to Disney, about 5 mins by car, they also offer a free shuttle to and from the parks. The GM Andy is very nice and went out of his way to make our stay even better by putting us in one of their deluxe tower rooms. Great views of the Disney fireworks and having a fridge/microwave in the room when travelling with kids is so helpful.

We enjoyed our first stay at the Ramada Gateway so much that we have since stayed there a second time. It's got everything you need a big heated pool, a bar/pub, restaurant, and a deli/diner with great pizza and burgers and so close to Disney.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to save a little money for Disney and not spend it all on a hotel room. The Ramada Gateway is an excellent choice for anyone who wants a great deal on a hotel that offers so much for your hard earned dollar.

We will certainly be back as we head to Disney World at least once a year. The Ramada is our go to hotel and we look forward to staying there again next year.

The Perry Family
Toronto, Canada

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Perrmile
Newtown, Connecticut
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stay: 4/28 thru 5/6 2013 (8nites 9 days), Handicap Room 1803 the Towers.
Checked in under trip tickets from pre-paid Carribean Cruises (CC). Stayed April 28 through May 6 (8nites 9 days). Contacted Hotel one month ahead of time and requested handicap accomodations. Told to contact CC and they will handle my needs at Ramada Gateway. Did as told and CC said it will be taken care of.

Arrived on April 28 and found I had no handicap room. I was told that the CC plan doesn't pay Ramada for such units and was refused a handicap room unless I paid $10/nite more. I had no choice and was forced to do so. Room was neat but had several maintenance problems which were reported on day-1 and only fixed on day-4!

Biggest problem was sink didn't drain, had to insert my pocket knife to keep drain open. Phone didn't work because cord was broken. Handicap shower hand rail was loose and unreliable, and second outside sink had a broken faucet which they never fixed in my 9-day stay.

Room Tip: Maid services were tricky. Had maybe three different folks over 9-days and each tells us they have b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family