“Third time around and hungry for more” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Kissimmee Gateway

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #41 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Third time around and hungry for more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I keep noticing negative reviews of the Ramada Gateway and have to say it doesn't tally with my experience. Just returned from my third, now annual (apparently) visit. We stayed in a ground floor garden view room and can't really complain. One night we were subjected to some loud noise from a senior conference group who drank the place dry and stayed out till the wee small hours, but they were on vacation too!

I find the staff are accommodating, the rooms and public areas are clean and tidy, the bed is reasonably comfortable, park transportation is adequate (and free). Really, for a Kissimmee hotel, this ticks my boxes. Price is spot on and it ain't luxury, but I'm a happy traveler.

Didn't use the hotel's restaurant facilities on this trip, but there are plenty of places to eat along 192. Black Angus next door is sound and a little further up, Red Lobster and the Outback Steakhouse are solid enough choices for a change from the buffet's at Ponderosa, Sizzlers, etc which are only a couple of minutes walk.

I'll be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank djw0105

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We booked a quick vacation with Jet Blue and the Ramada Gateway was one of the hotel choices. We arrived January 30th and stayed until February 2, 2013. The whole experience at the Ramada was great!. They allowed us to check-in at noon instead of the usual 4:00 pm. Our room was in the tower on the 8th floor and it was very nice. The King bed was comfortable, clean, and we had a seperate seating area with a sleeper sofa. Full size refrigerator and a dishwasher if needed. The hotel staff were very pleasent and helpful. We enjoyed speaking with the bartender in the lounge, she was very nice and took the time to answer all of our questions. If we visit Orlando again we will stay at the Ramada again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 8th floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank neeleym
Tooting, London, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed for one week as part of a BA Holiday booking, but the room was absolutely disgusting. The paint was peeling off the walls due to the black mold. There was also mold on the ceiling by the air cond, and when that was switched on all sorts of dust etc flew out of teh grills and landed on the bed - nice! The room smelled of moist mold and the bedlinen of brylcreme and sweat. The lighting in out bathroom was flickering and even after having told reception it took ages for them to react and send someone to fix it.
When we had a word with reception regarding the room and a possible move I was told that all the rooms were the same and that they were full. We both slept with towels as pillows as none of us were going to sleep using the smelly pillows (look inside the pillow cases and you will be horrified). As we had booked the hotel as part of a package we couldn't afford to book out of this hotel and into another. We felt quite trapped.
We will never stay here again, and I really do think BA should check out the hotels they use as this one should have been demolished a long time ago - especially the "motel style" rooms, or room we stayed in. Horrible!

Room Tip: Just don't stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlotte1512

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Droitwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed in a Tower Room which are the best ones in the hotel. We have heard that the ones round the pool and the motel kind of rooms are dark and musty. We stayed here for 2 weeks and must say found it very comfortable, we had breakfast on one day as we found that the restaurant just up the road was less than half the price for an all you can eat buffet. The staff were helpful when we needed any help and the bar staff were friendly too. We went to the karaoke each Saturday night which was good fun. The restaurant did do nice food and catered to our individual needs too. The little diner was good for a snack and a drink and was reasonable in price too. We were close to Disney and a little further from the other attractions but still managed to get to places within about 20 mins. We didn't use the shuttles as we ended up getting a car. When we looked at the times we found that bus times were not really matched well with the park times, one of them was an hour after the park had closed.
Our Room consisted of 2 double beds which were comfortable, there was a little kitchen area with a fridge, microwave and coffee machine which was good and the bathroom was just about big enough. The drawer space and wardrobe space was good as we managed to get 2 weeks worth of clothes for 4 of us put away. If i go back i would probably stay more towards international drive though as this is ideal for Disney however we would not be visiting there again, we would be visiting Universal and seaworld etc.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a Tower Room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank donnamac2012
Hialeah, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I usually stay in 1 of 2 hotels in the disney area. My girlfriend and I look at Baymont inn & suites or this hotel, depending on the price. This Ramada has 2 buildings. the large tower building in the picture and a long what I remember to be a 2 floor room area. I have stayed here 3 times, the first time was that I used wyndham rewards points for a free night and I received a room on the outside of the building facing the parking area. The second time I stayed paying for it and I received a room on the inside of the building facing the pool area and I definitely liked it a lot better, which I ask for if I stay there. this hotel has no pre night fee which is amazing! the front desk agents are very helpful and knowledgable. I had one problem during the 3 times that I have stayed there and it was that there was no soap, shampoo or conditioner, I called the front desk and a few minutes later someone was at my door with them.

Bed's are a little stiff for my liking, bathrooms are average, food in the cafeteria/restaurant is pretty good and not overly priced.

the employees are definitely what make this hotel more enjoyable.

Room Tip: I always request a room facing inwards as I like going to the pool. if you don't care for the po...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bradleyv1714851
CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Why they put guests in these old, dirty, disgusting rooms is a puzzle. Can they not afford to upgrade?
The fixtures were worn, the bedspread dirty, paint chipping off furniture, dirt, grime, mold.
Never again. I'll pay more next time and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank nsb06751
Doral, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here for one-night and was assigned one of the old rooms. The room smelled terribly, the carpet was nasty, the walls and ceiling was dirty, and the beds were uncomfortable and creaked.

The only positive thing was the location. You are close to everything and 5 minutes away from DISNEY!

If the tower rooms are as good as other people have described, then I'd recommend it. If not, please avoid.

Room Tip: Pay for a Tower room, otherwise avoid this hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family