“mr. malven is excellent at the front desk. he resolved all my issues”

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #39 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed December 19, 2012

hotel is much cleaner now than before. continental breakfast is very satisfying. convenient location in kisssime. lots of parking for your car. never had anything stolen from the rooms. the maids take great pride in their cleaning.service is excellent.

Room Tip: choose odd number rooms for better cell service
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank laikram g
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words about the hotel and especially Malven, I will be sure to share your comments with him, and the rest of the staff. Coincidentally, he has just recently been promoted to the PM Front Office Supervisor, a position he has earned with his performance. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the not too distant future!

There are newer reviews for Ramada Kissimmee Gateway

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel was located off Highway 192 which was perfect for getting around to the various golf courses me and my partner played at. Definitely ask for a Tower room since the rooms are newer. Our room was spacious with a King bed, table, chairs, mini kitchen area with microwave and small fridge. Free Wi-Fi is a plus and draw for me wherever I stay since I like staying connected.

The staff was courteous and the room was cleaned daily. Our stay was quite enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a Tower location since the rooms are more spacious and newer.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank glblackjeep
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The old part of this hotel is like something from a bad movie or CSI episode. The restaurant is appalling, & the ambience dreadful. When we arrived at the hotel, with a confirmed & fully paid booking, we were told by the two desk staff that our booking had been cancelled 6 months previously, so there was no reserved room for us. We knew this to be untrue as we are extremely organised & attentive to details, & had triple checked all of our bookings to prevent any such problem from arising. However the 2 staff could not agree, & offered us a lesser room at a higher price in the refurbished tower part of the hotel, so in effect, we had to pay again. Being tired & stressed after a $74 cab fare from the airport, we agreed to stay there. However we were of the understanding that there were regular & frequent shuttles to all of the Disney attractions, & this was not the case. We soon discovered that there were only two shuttles per day, & only one return shuttle at 10pm at night! Given that the only reasons that people would ever go to Orlando are Disney, and the Kennedy Space Centre, this seems ridiculous. However there were multiple other issues with this hotel including the encouragement to attend a time share talk in order to save money on the disney tickets, which ended up wasting 4 hours of our precious time rather than the promised 1.5 hours! DO NOT get sucked in to saving money by attending this session!!! On retrospect, we should have enquired about how far this hotel was from the disney attractions before checking in, as it was at least a 20 minute cab ride from most, and we spent way too much money on cabs during our stay. Dining options were also sadly missing from this hotel, and overall, it was not a satisfactory experience. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, stay in the tower. Otherwise you will be stuck around the swimming pool, whi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I use a wheelchair and stayed at this hotel prior to an event taking place in their convention center the next day. Last year I was placed in one of the rooms around the pool and the room were not wheelchair accessible. The bathrooms were small and there was no way I could take a shower. Getting to the toilet was extremely difficult because the grab bar was in a place that was completely useless. This I was placed in the "tower" and the rooms were very nice, a welcome surprise. My problem both years is the restroom accesible on the main level. The main restrooms are clearly marked with the wheelchair accessibility symbols. Inside are 6 extremely small stalls and there was no way to turn my wheelchair to get into the stalls. There are additional restrooms in the convention room but the doorways are to small for a wheelchair to enter so I have no idea if the inside had accessible stalls. I went back to the front desk and asked if I could get back into my room and the clerk reluctantly allowed me to go back to my room. I went up to the room and then came back and asked if the room could be available to me until our event was over. He told me no, I would not be allowed into the room again. Since there was still another 4 hours left for our event I asked to speak to a manager. I talked to Ms. Cooper and I showed her the situation in the bathrooms. She was very nice to me and assured me my room would be available for the rest of the day. While I appreciate the accommodation, I think it is time for a big hotel chain such as Ramada to remodel the restrooms.

Room Tip: If you need an accessible room make sure you are in the tower or main part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have just returned from a 9 night stay in this hotel - I booked through BA.com for myself, my husband and our 10 month old baby boy. I had read reviews and was a bit worried but turns out that I didn't need to be! We arrived late at night and were speedily checked in to our room on the 7th floor of the TOWER, this is the key word, if you want a nice stay you need to book a TOWER room, the other rooms are motel style and much more dated and seem to be the cause of most of the bad reviews - The room was large, clean and had 2 double beds, table and chairs, tv, bathroom with bath and a mini kitchen area with a fridge/sm ice box and a microwave. We brought a travel cot for our little one from Walmart (super cheap) so I'm not sure if the hotel provide anything for little ones as I never needed to ask, Beds were fine - getting a little old and the decor was dated but we spent very little time in the hotel room so weren't fussed - each day the room was cleaned and towels replaced, we never had any problems :) I broke the towel rail one evening and after mentioning it to reception on the way out in the am, we returned to find it all fixed :) No safe in the room but they have them behind reception for no extra cost. If you stay in a Tower room, ask for one that faces out over the highway, you can see the Disney parks and each night we were in we watched the various firework displays! Lovely! We had a continental bfast (the staff at bfast were lovely and friendly) included in in our rate and it consisted of juice/tea/fruit/yog and bagel, just the right amount in my opinion, you can upgrade to full bfast for $6 pp/per day, we did it once and it was nice but nothing amazing, there are plenty of food options on either side of the highway to choose from and we got in bits from the supermarket too so we could eat in our room sometimes. We ate dinner from the snack bar one night and the pizza and philly cheesesteak were all good and not too expensive :) There is a little gift shop that is expensive and pretty tacky and a dest that can help with tickets but we had all our so never used it, never had time to use the pools either so cant comment on them. The hotel is super close to the Disney parks, its only 1 mile to world drive which has all the parks on it, maybe a 15/20 min drive to Universal, there was plenty of free parking at the hotel and there was a security guy on the gate every evening which is a nice reassurance - This Hotel was just what we wanted and needed for this holiday, so glad we stayed and if we were to return to Orlando in the future I would stay here again :)

Room Tip: Cheap, Basic 'base' hotel for a Disney Holiday
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank HolidayObsessed84
Reviewed December 10, 2012

stayed at this hotel 6th december for 6 nights,room was ok,clean,but needs updating! friendly staff,especialy lucy at the front desk! nice selection of restaraunts nearby,as a single woman traveller felt very safe here

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank davine a
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Save your money and just sleep in your car, you'd have a better experience than at this place. Horrible rooms/service/location. There is not a single thing that does not have a negative feeling in regards to this hotel. Don't waste your money here.

• Stayed: December 2012
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

It is disappointing to hear that the hotel does not have one positive aspect to it. While it does help to know what the expectations were and where we fell short, we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Perhaps if we are given the chance to correct an issue we could have changed your opinion of the hotel. We do our best to make it right when something specific is brought to our attention.