“Bad Service”

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #38 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Bad Service”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I reserved a room through Expedia and after a long day in Epcot Center on 11-11-12 we went to the hotel to get our room, and when the manager in duty at that time,it was 11:00 PM, gave us a room at the end of the building I asked him if we could have a room in the big building he answered us that's what we can get through Expedia. So, he gave us the keys and a map to our room, and when we got there we unload our luggages and tryed to open the door but he gave us
wrong combination and the keys did not open, I load back our luggages because the area was very dark and my wife was scared to stay alone .Though, I went and told the manager on duty
about the problem, he checked them and gave me another set ,and I went back and open the room where I found a terrible room not clean and very dirty bath and beds , so I was very upset and I have to load my luggages again and go back to the front desk where I found that the manager left without trying to find if we were OK, but there was another good guy, his name Keven and he took care of us.But the manager was not interrested in his duty.
Figure out after a long and happy day in Epcot Center we get this bad service at 11:00PM.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YALOUBNAN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The room was awful! There was packing tape all over the door, the sink and shower faucets were dripping and the shower tub had a grey ring around the bottom and debris in it. Not clean at all. We checked in and immediately checked out. We had booked through a third party site that must not have had updated photos of the hotel or the rooms. Very disappointing. Even more disappointing was the third party site and their customer service.

I have stayed in older hotels that sparkled and were well maintained. This was not one of them.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2012

For start I make this hotel reservation (called voucher) through Eversave website. Worse purchase I ever made! I make my reservation since September of this year. I try to call the 1800 # that appeared at the voucher since yesterday and was out of service. I contact them today. Even with voucher ID # and confirmation #, my reservation is not in the system.

I was planning to go to Orlando tomorrow to celebrate my little one birthday. Nnow I need to make a new reservation but this time I will do it with my American Express (who never gives me any kind of problem). First and last time I make a hotel reservation using this kind of vouchers.

Customer service at Ramada doesn’t do absolutely anything to resolve the problem. Well they try to sell me a new reservation. An incredible at the same price of the so called “promotion” Eversave is running right now with the same hotel. I would not recommend this offer if you like to have peace of mind with hotel reservations.

I cannot give my opinion about the installations but a lot says their customer service. If they cannot find an hotel reservation with confirmation number, voucher number, name etc and then they try to sell you a new one. That speaks for the way the company handle business. I prefer to skip this hotel for future traveling to Orlando area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mrvx2012
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I have sent a response to this guest asking for additional information to be able to try to find the problem and I am awaiting their response. The hotel books hundreds of roomnights through Eversave and we have not experienced an issue previously with finding the reservation. Please be assured that if the Eversave voucher number can be retrieved, the reservation will of course be honored.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 19, 2012

As a seasoned traveler, I look for several types of places to stay. The Ramada Gateway is perfect for someone that needs a convenient location and access the Disney area and is on a budget. The rooms have always been reasonable in comfort and cleanliness. We decided to use this hotel for our event since it was centrally located and the price was right. I know several attendees also like the venue so much they wanted to hold thier event there as well. Food was good. Drinks at the bar do the job. The pool is always sparkling blue. And the staff will help with any issue that I could throw at them. That is saying something. They really work hard to have you come back again and again. We've been very pleased.

Room Tip: They have a hospitality suite that with the adjoining rooms is great for large families and groups!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my niece, who has special needs. We stayed in a deluxe handicap room on the third floor. The hand held shower head bracket was broken. There was no way my niece could shower on her own until I tied up the shower head. The blow dryer was placed out of her reach and the bracket was ready to fall on her head. One would have to be able to stand to reach the dryer. The refrigerator front leg was broken so that every time the door opened anything in the fridge fell out and the fridge would fall forward. The carpet was very dirty. I would think that a hotel would pay extra attention in their rooms for special needs people. Each room should be able to accommodate a special needs person if they were to be traveling on their own. Shame on you Ramada Gateway!!!!! Would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
The things that were wrong mentioned in this review should not have existed in any room, not just those designed as an accessible room, and these comments have been shared with both the housekeeper and inspector that were assigned to this room. The issues have been corrected and I apologize to this guest for the negative experience. I do want to point out that while problems should be addressed prior to a room being sold, if for some reason, our staff doesn't catch them, we will do our best to resolve them quickly when brought to our attention. We want all our guests to have a trouble free stay.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here for several nights and my first night was in a poolside room....water was dripping from the vents in the dressing area, hot and cold faucets ready to fall off, toilet paper or Keenex stuffed into a hole in the doorframe of the bathroom, lock on door did not work, and room smelled, pillow looked like round popcorn balls and were really bad for one's neck... Went into the Tower Rooms and thought I was in a different hotel....I would rate the Tower Rooms a 5 and the Regular Rooms a "1"--sorry. Spend the extra....stay in the Tower. It's worth it, trust me.

Room Tip: Stay in the Tower Rooms only
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have passed this hotel so many times in the past but this was the first time going to an event there. I have worked in the vacation rental industry for 21years so I am very critical, lets say hard to please. The hotel was spotlessly clean including bathrooms. Staff so helpful. Loved the center area where the pools were located really appealing and inviting. My son and I ate in the cafeteria close to the pool and I can honestly say that was the best Tuna croissant I have had anywhere, my son said the same about the philisteak sandwich. Having had chance to see the rooms as well they again were spotlessly clean. This is one of the best located hotels in the area for all Disney attractions, being 3 miles away. Hop on I-4 and be at Universal within 15 minutes. An abundance of shops and restaurants close enough to walk too. I will definately look to working with this hotel in the future and will highly recommend it to friends, family, business associates and clients. Pugsgiving was an absolute blast and made extra special by the Ramada Gateway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business