We stayed at this hotel for 1 week - just came home. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We thought we were getting a good price and were prepared for a decent place as promised. What we got was an old room nicely looking over the pool in their older motel section. The carpet was stained and not well cleaned, bathroom in poor shape and the promised internet connection after calling tech services we were told it had been down in the motel section for a long time with no intention of repairing the connections. Our motel door also had to be forced closed to be secure and the handle would only open the door if you pushed and pulled up. Very unsafe. We booked through a timeshare program and the program was awesome but while there we complained about the room and were moved to the tower section of this hotel. The rooms are much better but the service at this hotel is the huge complaint. We came back from the Disney parks one day to find the cleaning staff had left an empty drink bottle and cookie package like our room was the break room. We had no clean towels, nothing else picked up only our beds made and their trash left. Upon speaking to the front desk they didn't even ask for our room number and just said what do you want us to do about this? So unprofessional. We then found where they left the trash bag and requested new towels and to speak to a manger - we got a young man with towels, questioning again rudely about what happened and what we wanted done. They didn't care at all and no call was returned from the manager after being told he was dealing with another angry guest. We never once got an "I'm sorry" from any of the actual hotel staff. That was unbelievable!
On a positive side it is a good location, the conceigre service was great and the food at the restaurant was very good although they were short handed so be patient it was worth the wait. The gift store had good prices and was convenient, their staff was very friendly. The pool is nice and seemed well kept. It truly was the uncaring staff of the front desk, bad attitudes that made this stay horrible once we were in the Tower section of the hotel that is. Be sure to book in the towers for a better room and expect little from the actual front desk. If you ask for a tower room facing the main road it will also allow you a wonderful view of the Disney firework displays!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Gateway, one mile from the gates of Walt Disney World®, is a designated Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® hotel and close to other popular tourist attractions such as Sea World Orlando and Universal Adventure .Our high-rise, deluxe rooms feature the convenience of microwaves, double sinks, hair dryer, iron and board with panoramic views. If you prefer more modest accommodations, stay in our standard Inn rooms - providing views of our covered garden area and tropical landscaped pools. Complimentary scheduled transportation daily to Walt Disney World®, Sea World, Univesal Adventure and Lake Buena Vista Factory Oulets shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ramada Kissimmee Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Gateway Kissimmee Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Gateway
- Ramada Plaza Gateway Orlando
- Ramada Plaza Gateway Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Ramada
- Ramada Kissimmee