“Not Recommended unless tower room then be cautious!”

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #39 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Forney, Tx
“Not Recommended unless tower room then be cautious!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 1 week - just came home. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We thought we were getting a good price and were prepared for a decent place as promised. What we got was an old room nicely looking over the pool in their older motel section. The carpet was stained and not well cleaned, bathroom in poor shape and the promised internet connection after calling tech services we were told it had been down in the motel section for a long time with no intention of repairing the connections. Our motel door also had to be forced closed to be secure and the handle would only open the door if you pushed and pulled up. Very unsafe. We booked through a timeshare program and the program was awesome but while there we complained about the room and were moved to the tower section of this hotel. The rooms are much better but the service at this hotel is the huge complaint. We came back from the Disney parks one day to find the cleaning staff had left an empty drink bottle and cookie package like our room was the break room. We had no clean towels, nothing else picked up only our beds made and their trash left. Upon speaking to the front desk they didn't even ask for our room number and just said what do you want us to do about this? So unprofessional. We then found where they left the trash bag and requested new towels and to speak to a manger - we got a young man with towels, questioning again rudely about what happened and what we wanted done. They didn't care at all and no call was returned from the manager after being told he was dealing with another angry guest. We never once got an "I'm sorry" from any of the actual hotel staff. That was unbelievable!
On a positive side it is a good location, the conceigre service was great and the food at the restaurant was very good although they were short handed so be patient it was worth the wait. The gift store had good prices and was convenient, their staff was very friendly. The pool is nice and seemed well kept. It truly was the uncaring staff of the front desk, bad attitudes that made this stay horrible once we were in the Tower section of the hotel that is. Be sure to book in the towers for a better room and expect little from the actual front desk. If you ask for a tower room facing the main road it will also allow you a wonderful view of the Disney firework displays!

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank decsmile

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
kdmmertz
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2008

This hotel is nothing like it advertises. I booked my room through Travelocity and paid in full before checking in. Upon check-in, the desk tried to put me in a lower priced room in their motel section. When I complained, they tried to tell me that there were no more rooms in the tower like the one I had booked. I refused to accept this, and after a few minutes of arguing they actually DID have a room in the tower. I wish I could say that the bad experience ended there...sadly no.

Upon returning from a day at IOA, I walked into my room to find that it had flooded due to a "sprinkler maintenance issue" and all our luggage was wet. Dryers everywhere, and they hadn't even bothered to clean up the mess that was left. We were never contacted as the hotel does not make it a policy to get contact information just in case of something like this. I went immediately to the desk to complain, and at first they acted like they didn't know what had even happened. They finally gave us another room, but did not offer to help move us and acted annoyed when I asked for contact information for their manager and corporate office. No manager on duty. Our new room was just as filthy

Other guests on our new floor had been moved three times because of bugs in their own rooms. Also, the hotel is a huge timeshare scam...there are no free breakfasts or discount tickets to theme parks unless you agree to take half the day to go on a timeshare tour. I will NEVER stay here again. My advice to anyone considering it...spend the extra money to stay at Disney or Universal. Don't put yourself through this torture.

• Liked — Checking out!!
  • Disliked — The whole experience was a nightmare!!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank kdmmertz

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2008

-Nasueating bleach smells, damp brown carpet from a lackluster steam cleaning, and old rusty appliances are a few of the awful things I experienced at this motel.
-Rude and inconsiderate customer service. Will never return.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Huge pet fee of $50
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SJMMT
Cumbria, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2008

Stayed for week as part of package with cruise and no choice of hotel so went with open mind. Easy to find on west side of 192. As mostly motel type rooms we were able to park outside our room which was a real bonus; obviously not everyone can. One complaint - not enough Reception Staff, so long waits to check in & out & to gain access to safety deposit boxes. Pleasant & helpful receptionists but seriously overworked. Lots of staff on Concierge Desk but they may be employed differently as offering Attraction Tickets / Timeshare visits (which we avoided)
Non-smoking rooms are clean, pleasant & well maintained as are the pool areas- one pool heated, we used other as nice & quiet.
We tried buffet breakfast which was on a par with others in the area ie basic breakfast fayre & quite adequate.
The shuttle service to parks was poor, only Disney ones & very few. Some other hotels appeared to be offering shuttles to all parks .
The "selling" point to us & the reason we would stay again was the closeness to good eating places, so not needing to take car & supermarket very close.

• Liked — Location.
  • Disliked — Need more reception staff.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank K`sGran
Marshall, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for a week with some friends and were very surprised by how good the hotel was. We had great service everytime we went to the front desk. We stayed in the "motel" part, the rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, bathrooms were clean and we had no problems. The pools both looked clean and well taken care of but we did not take time to swim. The bar in the lounge area had good service and we had no probelms with the gift shop. The only time it was closed was late at night. I've stayed in a lot of hotels in Orlando over the years and this is one of the few where I would stay again with no problem.

• Liked — All of the activities available on site (pool table, bar, darts, ping pong)
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank emschick9
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2008

Couldn't believe the lack of service. We caught the not so direct red eye from LA and arrived at the hotel at 11am after having being awake since 6 am the morning before. Our travel agent had made prior arrangements for us to check in early when we arrived but they would have none of it. We were told that check in was at 4pm no exceptions. When we asked if we could perhaps have a room when one was available they refused. There was no seating and we were expected to stand around for the next 5 hours for our room. All the seating was already occupied by people who had recently checked out. Being in the middle of no where there was no where to go while we waited. We ended up cancelling our room and going to a much more accommodating establishment. Absolutely appalled and disgusted.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoelandNess
Lafayette, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2008

I am in my hotel room as I type this and it is great! I read a bunch of bad reviews before I got here and I was really worried about it... I cannot say how impressed I am. Free wi-fi connection, clean room, courteous staff, close location to Disney world parks. I am just happy and I believe this place deserves much better reviews

• Liked — comfort
  • Disliked — pillows
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family