This was my first stay at the Ramada Gateway in Kissimee and I really enjoyed it. I went with a friend and our intentions were to choose a nice, clean, safe and economical hotel close to Disney, and this was a last minute choice, however, a good choice. The hotel is pretty big, with tower rooms on one side and rooms overlooking one of their pools on the other. Unfortunately, we didn't get to really venture out into the hotel and look around and see everything they had to offer, because Disney would tire us out and we'd leave early morning and come back late at night.
Before staying here, I read the suggestions that the tower is the place to stay, and that's where we did. The room was nice and spacious for two young females. It came equipped with a fridge, microwave and storage space to put groceries; we definitely made use of each. A problem with our room was the ac...it would come on/off when it wanted.
Honestly, the hotel was pretty bare. It wasn't really active; we didn't see it thriving with people, but that was fine with us. The only time we'd see a huge amount of people at one time was in the morning, waiting for the shuttle to Disney parks. There was a restaurant, and a diner type of food area, we didn't try either, due to the fact that we had purchased food at the Walmart, enough to last us the 5 days we were there for. The pool area that is overlooked by the pool area rooms was pretty bare-hardly anyone out there. In addition, I wanted to clear up some things that were said in some of the reviews: 1) Walmart and/or Target are not within walking distance, we actually had to drive about 15-20 mins to get to a Walmart. 2) The outlets (international drive) and universal are not close by. 3) We didn't encounter any "sticky fingered" maids, ours were pretty nice. If your intention is to go out to Citywalk every night be prepared to spend around 40$ on a taxi each way from this hotel. All in all the hotel was a great, economical stay, but if you search to have a night life and party it up, this area isn't really the best for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Gateway, one mile from the gates of Walt Disney World®, is a designated Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® hotel and close to other popular tourist attractions such as Sea World Orlando and Universal Adventure .Our high-rise, deluxe rooms feature the convenience of microwaves, double sinks, hair dryer, iron and board with panoramic views. If you prefer more modest accommodations, stay in our standard Inn rooms - providing views of our covered garden area and tropical landscaped pools. Complimentary scheduled transportation daily to Walt Disney World®, Sea World, Univesal Adventure and Lake Buena Vista Factory Oulets shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Ramada Kissimmee Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Gateway Kissimmee Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Gateway
- Ramada Plaza Gateway Orlando
- Ramada Plaza Gateway Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Ramada
- Ramada Kissimmee