“Ramada Gateway- a good stay!”

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #38 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
toronto
“Ramada Gateway- a good stay!”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

This was my first stay at the Ramada Gateway in Kissimee and I really enjoyed it. I went with a friend and our intentions were to choose a nice, clean, safe and economical hotel close to Disney, and this was a last minute choice, however, a good choice. The hotel is pretty big, with tower rooms on one side and rooms overlooking one of their pools on the other. Unfortunately, we didn't get to really venture out into the hotel and look around and see everything they had to offer, because Disney would tire us out and we'd leave early morning and come back late at night.

Before staying here, I read the suggestions that the tower is the place to stay, and that's where we did. The room was nice and spacious for two young females. It came equipped with a fridge, microwave and storage space to put groceries; we definitely made use of each. A problem with our room was the ac...it would come on/off when it wanted.
Honestly, the hotel was pretty bare. It wasn't really active; we didn't see it thriving with people, but that was fine with us. The only time we'd see a huge amount of people at one time was in the morning, waiting for the shuttle to Disney parks. There was a restaurant, and a diner type of food area, we didn't try either, due to the fact that we had purchased food at the Walmart, enough to last us the 5 days we were there for. The pool area that is overlooked by the pool area rooms was pretty bare-hardly anyone out there. In addition, I wanted to clear up some things that were said in some of the reviews: 1) Walmart and/or Target are not within walking distance, we actually had to drive about 15-20 mins to get to a Walmart. 2) The outlets (international drive) and universal are not close by. 3) We didn't encounter any "sticky fingered" maids, ours were pretty nice. If your intention is to go out to Citywalk every night be prepared to spend around 40$ on a taxi each way from this hotel. All in all the hotel was a great, economical stay, but if you search to have a night life and party it up, this area isn't really the best for that.

Room Tip: Tower Rooms!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank mya_myamya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
Naples, FL
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed at the Ramada Gateway 2 nights last weekend. I am a travel agent but did not tell the front desk until I checked out. I am always looking for lodging properties for my clients- from the budget minded to the luxury properties. When I arrived I was met by a lot guard who checked my reservation. The lobby was inviting and decorated for Christmas. The front desk staff was courteous, professional and I was checked in quickly. The inconvenience occured when I had to go to the concierge to get a parking pass. I basically had no need for her services and had to wait for the current guest to finish talking, which they were in no hurry to end their conversation. I got a room on the first floor of the older section, which is where I wanted to be located. There was relatively little noise except for in the morning when guests were leaving, and this is to be expected. The room had a slight air-freshener odor but it wasn't bad. The most important thing is that the room was CLEAN. I have very high standards and expectations when it concerns cleanliness. The room is older, so there were structual issues like paint and tile & grout that were worn, but as I said before, it was clean. The beds were comfortable and no signs of any bed bugs. The sheets were clean, in good conditiion and fresh. There was a large, flat screen TV. The bathroom is small, but the sink area was separate. The towels were clean and the amenities were stocked. There was coffee and tea available. There was a small mini-fridge. The furnishings are basic. The room rate was very reasonable. The location is great if you are visiting Disney World. There is a variety of restaurants to choose from in the area. I will definitely recommend this property to my clients that are budget minded and I will also choose to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank suzitravels
Gloucestershire
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Returned to Gateway for a short visit, Again I cannot fault the service or the rooms, came with a group of friends, All single parents who had a fantastic time, they felt safe, and secure, The hotel were not aware we were a group party, as we wanted no special treats,
With 7 children none of them had any bites from bed bugs, or any upset tummys,

The staff were helpful, caring, and the restaurant staff very understanding when one of the children went into Disney Meltdown, They came and gave him a Disney Book, and sat and read to him, while we continued eating, This meant so much to his mum.

Can I just say thank you to all the Staff, if you want a hotel that is affordable friendly and close to Disney this is it.

Oh yes the Dragon by the pool was amazing...a Little boys description of a Baby Lizard.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jayne K
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 2, 2011

All I have to say is: "bed bugs". Rooms are infested with bed bugs. My children ended up in the emergency room due to the bed bugs rash...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Tolusape1
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Hotels in the U.S. have been experiencing issues with bedbugs for a few years. Our hotel has a proactive program in place to ensure that we do not have that problem, and have Orkin, a national pest control provider contracted to assist in any pest issues that may arise. Bed Bugs are carried by visitors on luggage and clothing and do not indicate clenliness of the facility. They can appear suddenly, and if found, the rooms must be taken out of inventory for sale, along with adjacent rooms, untill they are treated, eradicated, and the room is inspected again. Unfortunately, the pests are difficult to spot as they hide within boxsprings, mattresses, headboards,etc. We are watchfull for the problem and assure all Trip Advisor readers that bed bugs are a potential problem for all hotels in the US, At the Ramada Gateway, we activley look for the pests, with 500 rooms, when we finish, we start over again!
Ramada Gateway GM

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Booked 21 days in advance online for under $45. No guard at stand. Good thing I had my paperwork b/c the man at the front desk couldn't find our reservation at all. Then found the original (2 nights), but not the changed one (we had changed reservation to 1 night). Room was clean and comfortable. We only stay in inexpensive hotels in Orlando b/c you are only there to sleep! Location literally 5 min from hotel to Hollywood Studios. Wanted to use the shuttle, but it doesn't go to Hollywood Studios, just Epcot & M.K. Tons of restaurants all around. Tried to play the hotel's free mini-golf but they "didn't have any equipment right now". (Disney pin traders: GREAT deal in the hotel gift shop- all pins $5.99 by the way). Went to the "free" breakfast the next day in the restaurant & was told I needed a voucher from the front desk. Front desk lady said that they don't have any free breakfast, which shocked me. (we stay in hotels at least once a month & ONLY book hotels with free breakfasts). So I just went to the business center & pulled up the ramada.com website where, clearly on the front page it says "complimentary continental breakfast". Went back to the front desk. She couldn't find it on the website, so she asked for me to show it to her in the business center, then saw it & kindly issued the 4 free breakfasts. The breakfast was very plentiful and yummy! Only problem I had was that we left my daughter's embroidered school jacket in our room, and we know exactly where in the room and I've called 4x to housekeeping. 1 housekeeper looked for 10 sec & said it wasn't there & 1 actually took down my info & called back to say it wasn't there. It has been a week now, so I sent a fax to the front desk describing the loss and no one has gotten back to me. Called again today & 1 housekeeper wouldn't even speak to me & said to call the front desk. I told front desk about it & he put me on hold for 10 min & then I hung up. Guess that jacket is a loss. Good hotel, but unfortunately the staff doesn't exactly have sleek marketing to back it up.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
London, UK
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We have been to Orlando several times and tend to stay on I-Drive, but this time we were only going to the Disney Parks so opted for this hotel.

The rooms are pretty standard compared with other hotels in the same price bracket and area, reasonably clean and functional. There is a mini-fridge in the room that you dont get everywhere, along with the usual coffee maker etc. There are no safe's in the room, but there are deposit boxes (free) if you ask at reception. Interestingly there did seem to be a lack of lighting in the room, and on occasion a slightly odd smell, but nothing that was too bad. It was slightly noisy (we had a pool view room and whilst the pool wasnt noisy, we were next to a room with some sort of very noisy machinery in there, however this was easily solved by having the a/c on all the time

I had no real issues whilst I was there, one day they took one of our personal towels away by mistake, but a quick trip to reception and they had it back with us in around 30 minutes.

I do think the quality of this hotel is slightly lower than some others we have stayed in that were around the same cost (Fairfield Inn on I-Drive etc), and the pictures they show you are ones of the refurbished tower rooms, but the location is great and takes around 10 minutes to the Magic Kingdom parking lot.

Room Tip: Pay for a Tower Room upgrade if you can afford it
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Ocean, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed November 24, 2011

This review is very late, but as I'm staying here again in the coming weeks, thought I'd go for it, and then review it after my 2nd stay again. I stayed here in January 2010. I got the standard Inn room. Was pretty decent, room, cleaned every day. Basic room, fridge. Only gripe was that internet was in lobby only. If you want wifi in room, you need to upgrade to tower. Anyway, was very pleased with service, especially with the small amount of money it cost. Next time, I'm upgrading to a tower, just for the added amenities/

Room Tip: Upgrade to a tower room
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple