“Gross and not worth it”

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #39 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed December 10, 2007

The bathroom smelled like urine, ants everywhere. The pictures were deceiving. The picture was of the tower, and the lower rates were for the motel side in the back. Our lock was broken and we were asked to leave our things in it while maintenance was called.
The light switch didnt work either, the deli closed early on all the days we stayed so after we returned from the parks we were unable to get food.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (2,792)

Reviewed November 29, 2007

Because my wife and 28 yr old son are wheelchair bound, we requested a wheelchair accessable room and received a confirmed reservation. We arrived a little after noon and were given a room (#308) on the back portion of the inn. In no way was it a handicapped room. No handicapped parking within 200 yards. Checked on internet access, wireless internet only available in lobby, very public and no tables. Business center available at 20 cents a minute. Snack bar was not open several times during advertised hours. Ice machines - only one working in the back portion of Inn. Lower pool had acorns all around shallow end of pool deck and in the pool. Had to call for clean towels several times. Had stayed there several times prior to this stay and service and standards have gone very much downhill. Internet rate was $62.40 for this room. We were charged $83.00 because we thought we were getting a handicapped room.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ray1114
Reviewed October 29, 2007

We had a wonderful time. I stayed here with my husband and daughter, 10. We had booked the hotel in advance through AAA and then based on reviews we requested an upgrade to a tower room upon arrival. For an additional $20 a night it was well worth it. The room was beautiful, the tower side was beautiful. Our room was cleaned every day except for a day that we chose to stay in and a supervisor came by to ensure that all was well with us. She also asked that we sign off on our request not to have the room cleaned and gave us fresh towels. The pools were clean and fun. The staff was more than pleasant. No one tried to sell us anything even when we requested directions to the parks. We stayed for 8 nights and enjoyed the stay so much that we are going back again next year.

The only negative I have is not even my own. I heard complaints from one woman who was staying on the Inn side about the noise at night and how she had to call the front desk a few times to get results.

I would recommend this hotel to any and everyone, just request a tower room. It's worth it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank disneyl0ver
Reviewed October 2, 2007

I definitely agree with the other review which says that this place is more motel than hotel. If you are looking for a luxurious hotel then this is not it. However, the room was a good size and all staff were friendly and helpful. The location is great for the Disney Parks and Universal but is also a good base from which to explore beyond the more touristy places. The hotel offers plenty of free parking and the pool is a good size. We only ate once in the hotel and it was terrible but since there are so many restaurants around the hotel, this is not a massive problem and you certainly won't starve. If you are looking for a good location at a reasonable price then this is the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2007

After reading the reviews on this website before we made our trip to FL, we made sure to request a Plaza room. They are right, the motel behind the Plaza looks likes something from about 1965, with orange doors on the outside and rusty bars for side walls.

We were first put into a smoking room and requested to be moved into a non smoking room. They were very accommodating and the non smoking room was great! It had 2 king size beds in it! The AC worked great, no concerns. The maids did get a little confused with the towels. After the first day we never got anymore washcloths, but the last day, we got about 6 bath towels!

Everyone was very friendly when we checked in and the place is swarming with Westgate Resort sales people. My husband and I always do timeshare tours for free tickets, so it didn't bum us out. The only thing I can say about all the sales folks is that I can totally see how it would make someone feel uncomfortable, because they all have that "car salesman air" about them. Be prepared to answer "Did _fill in the blank_ take fabulous care of you?" about 100 times! My husband and I had a great time and didn't have to bleed the bank dry in the process. Stay in the plaza and be prepared to be invited on a timeshare tour and definitely go, it's worth the free tickets and a great breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kilgoar
Reviewed September 1, 2007

This was part of a package deal for our honeymoon. We had other choices, but chose this Ramada for the lower price and because the website made it look nice. Boy were we disappointed. When we got there they tried to talk to us about time shares, which we blew off right away. The first room they had us in was down a very long, hallway with water puddles and we ended up in the room at the very end of the hall, (next to a closed off portion of the hotel) and right across from the laundry room/game room where there was a pack of yelling kids. The room wasn't even the king room we had reserved. I immediately sent my husband back down the long trek to the front desk to tell them this was unacceptable and that no one should ever be put in that room. They did promptly move us to a nicer room upstairs in the tower portion, but like another poster, we resolved to spend as little time in the room as possible. What made it worse, was that since we had booked a package deal we could not just change hotels without losing a lot of money.
I will never stay in this hotel again and do not recommend it to anyone. Next time (if there is a next time) I book a package deal I will definately upgrade for a better hotel.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hootowl23
Reviewed August 31, 2007

My family stayed here last August 15-19. The first of 3 hotels that we stayed in. We got this hotel via a timeshare presentation so I cannot exactly tell you how much we paid for the room part since we also got disney tickets. At that time the going rate for this room (on the internet) was around $70-80/nite.
This hotel is located very close to all Disney Parks.
Westgate owns Ramada Inn and Gateway and they have an office at the lobby of the hotel. The hotel is composed of a tower (if I can call it that) where we checked in and where we stayed (maybe because we were going on a timeshare presentation? I read that others went to the motel section).
Behind it are really two long rows of two story motel type of accomodation.
Check In was quick ( I arrived at 2pm.) There was only one receptionist. Late that nite, I found a line and still only one receptionist.
There were two pools at the hotel. We did not use them since we were out the whole day. On one pool I did see people swimming but not a lot.
The lobby was clean. There is a small deli where you can get pizza, soda, ice cream, etc. The Westgate Grill is found at the lobby and offers decent food. Kids eat free with paying adults.
The room is of a good size. Two beds. I am a heavy sleeper. I can sleep on almost any surface. How I judge a bed is thru my wife! She had no complains re. the beds.
There is a fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board, and a hairdryer. All of them worked in our room. The only thing that did not work was the ice maker on our floor. By the way, there is a coffee maker but they supplied only TWO single cup coffee packs.
The bathroom was clean. Not sparkling. This is not a 5 star hotel. Just decently clean. They stocked our soap, shampoo, and towels daily. The floor though, did not seem clean enough.
There is a laundry room with 6 dryers and 4 (I don't quite remember) washing machines. This room was located in the middle of one of the long motel row. About 5 minutes walk inside Ramada property. You will pass the first pool along the way.
The laundry room does NOT use quarters. There is a machine there that exchanges your dollars for tokens. Each token worht a quarter. You need 6-8 tokens( don't quite remember) per wash load. same with the dryer. They also have a laundry soap dispenser for 8 tokens (this I remember!).
This hotel is located along Highway 192. Within a 10 minute walk both ways, you have a Ponderosa, a Black Angus Steakhouse (which is actually next door), a 7-11, a supermarket and right across is a Hertz rent a car. A bargain world shopping store is nearby. For those with a car, a Walmart SuperCenter is located along UD 27 which is about a 5-5.5 mile drive (Yep, I measure it). We got most of our stuff there.
I tend to travel inexpensively and would rather invest my money on souvenirs and entrance fees rather than on accomodations since I only need a clean decent place to come home to and sleep. For $70-80/nite I probably would not come back here. There are other more inexpensive choices.
I personally prefer the Rodeway Inn International at International drive which I stayed later from august 20-25.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family