“Big taste-big heart”

The Grille at Bellalago
Ranked #63 of 802 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chef John's is a cozy restaurant enjoyed by couples, families and parties up to 20. We can seat 45 guests inside and also have outdoor seating for up to 20 guests. We have a bar where we serve draft beer, bottled beer and wine. Live jazz is performed outdoors every Thursday evening starting at 6:30 pm if the weather permits.
“Big taste-big heart”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We were finishing our air boating adventure at Boggy Creek and needed nourishment fast. Used my trusty yelp app and this place pulled up. So all 13 of us convoyed over to Chef John's Place. It had just opened, so the place was empty.

We were greeted and seated and drinks ordered right away. The lemonade was made FRESH. The fish is fresh, fresh, fresh (and I'm picky when ordering fish entrees). My sister in law ordered the salmon, (loved it) I ordered the fish and chips - you can tell it wasn't pre-frozen. Everyone loved there entrees and some ordered the BBQ and dove into the sandwiches.

According to yelp, Emeril Lagasse loves this place and his picture was on the wall of the establishment. A small place, if we hadn't come on a workday or after hours, I can see this place being packed!! Reservations would probably be needed.

When we were just about done, Chef John came out to ask us how we were doing. He made me feel like we were being welcomed into his home. My only regret is that we didn't take a picture with him!! :( Will return when I'm in that part of Kissimmee again!

1 Thank Tracy S

Walpole, Massachusetts, United States
“Out of the way discovery”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

What a fantastic discovery! A full 30 minutes from the entrance to Disney on Rt 535, and tucked away in a small strip mall, but absolutely worth it. We made a reservation for 2, and though the small restaurant was not crowded when we arrived (Thursday evening), the staff had set a small table ready for us. The menu is varied and the food delicious. I started with the gumbo--just as outstanding (and as hot!) as other reviewers have said--then went for a ribs-pulled pork combo. Both were infused with a deep smokey flavor and were wonderfully tender. Be aware that the meat is served dry, meaning that it isn't smothered in BBQ sauce. A small tub of sweetish sauce comes with the dish.

My wife ordered blackened cod. It too was excellent--moist, flakey, with a blackening that had zing without being overpowering. Her $10 portion was so generous, we took a piece home.

Sides included a fantastic collards greens, grilled asparagus, and Creole rice (a bit clumpy). Even the dinner rolls are excellent. We took home a slice of the best key lime pie we've ever had. Our waitress was attentive and informative.

Ditch the Disney crowds and the cookie-cutter chains. Chef John's is the real deal. We'd go back tonight, except we have our hearts (and stomachs) set on Fresco Cucina Italiana, an outstanding Italian restaurant in Orlando, which I am reviewing separately.

1 Thank William W
Sellersville
“Good food, but nothing memorable”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This restaurant is rated #1 in Kissimmee so I thought we'd found a real gem. We traveled from Disney, about 30 minutes away with a party of 6. Very clean tiny restaurant at the end of a strip mall. The staff is incredibly nice--best part of the whole experience. Our waitress was wonderful. Nice beer selection too. Food is good, just not the quaint diamond I was looking for. The food is better than chain restaurants that scour the area, so that was a nice change. And, my son's mac & cheese was delicious. However, based on other reviews and a #1 ranking, I had really high expectations for unique, fresh and delicious food at this restaurant. We all agreed it was good, but nothing really memorable.

2 Thank Diana M
Kissimmee, Florida
“Outstanding salad lunches!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This restaurant is being kept secret by the residents of Bellalago but I live nearby and we are frequent diners. Today I brought a very special lady who will be celebrating her 90th birthday soon and we both ordered salads. Jane had the spinach salad with grilled shrimp - humungous perfectly grilled shrimp accompanied her very fresh salad and I ordered the Caesar with grilled salmon - I doubt that the fish weighed less than 7oz - all for the add-on price of $3 and the most perfectly cooked salmon I have had for a long time!!
The "sickeningly protective residents" of this gated community need to wake up - they have a superb restaurant in their own "back yard" - they should be supporting the owners and dining here - why are they not encouraging and supporting the people who own, run and work for this establishment!!

“Amazing”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Must go. Fine dining with casual atmosphere and so much value for money. Something for everyone on menu. BBQ to fresh seafood. Amazing desserts. Easy drive from Disney area.