“Great place!”

The Grille at Bellalago
Ranked #63 of 802 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chef John's is a cozy restaurant enjoyed by couples, families and parties up to 20. We can seat 45 guests inside and also have outdoor seating for up to 20 guests. We have a bar where we serve draft beer, bottled beer and wine. Live jazz is performed outdoors every Thursday evening starting at 6:30 pm if the weather permits.
“Great place!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My best friend and I were wanting a unique place to have lunch, as we were sick of always going to chain restaurants. I found this place via TripAdvisor!!!! So we tried it. It's a tiny, but homey place (and clean, even the bathroom!) The waitress was exceptionally wonderful - very attentive and helpful. We each ordered something different so we could sample. I had a BBQ platter and Patty had a Reuben sandwich. The brisket was the most tender I've ever eaten. I really liked that the meat wasn't prepared with the sauce on it. If you don't like the sauce, then it ruins the meal. They served the sauce on the plate in a little cup. No messy, sticky squeeze bottles! The sides of mashed potatoes and baked beans were delish!!! The Reuben had quality corned beef, and was also good. For dessert we had the fried peach pie. It was to die for. I wish it had real peaches, but I guess that would be difficult to maintain consistency. The only complaint - it wasn't big enough! Yummy! Now to my average rating on the value.....for the price, I was mildly disappointed. The portions were small and modest. I love BBQ and am used to huge portions when ordering a platter at other places. When my platter came I was taken aback because of the price. Same with the sandwich. Not to be judgmental, I began thinking about it. Our culture is used to enormous portions at most chain restaurants. This is very unnecessary. Chain restaurants also have the benefit of ordering in mass quantities. The costs can be managed differently. A small, privately owned restaurant must handle things differently. The quality of food is most important. Chef John's is superb so I guess if I equate it that way, the price would be somewhat okay. I will go back but maybe just on occasion because of the value.

1 Thank Edgek

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Omg! I feel the love through the food!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Last night my family and I went to Chef John's. I felt like I was back at my grandmother's house. The food was excellent and it was seasoned to perfection. We made reservations in advance. We had a party of 14 and the place is small but cozy. The appetizers were great we tried the fried mushrooms, bar-b-que chicken, hot wings, and crab cakes( crabby patties...kids renamed them). For entree we tried fried shrimp, grouper & linguine, chicken Alfredo, Rueben sandwich, ribs, catfish & crawfish grits, and the list goes on and on. The food was soooooooooo good. You leave happy and sleepy. The chef and his wife was very pleasant and made us feel at home. I thought it was very nice how they served us, we got appetizers and then they brought out the kids entree before the adults. That was a nice touch considering that the kids were getting restless. Don't forget the desserts, excellent! You have to try this place!

1 Thank LNC2013
“Absolutely Amazing”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Visiting Orlando, this was the best restaurant that I ate at in the entire week. Great prices. I had to drive 20 minutes to get there but it was worth it. It's a small place but don't let the appearance fool you. It's absolutely gorgeous and very clean when you walk in. The environment is great for family and kids. They even serve the kids first. If you are in the Orlando area Don't miss the CHEF JOHN EXPERIENCE!!!

1 Thank Jcsouthern
South Bend, Indiana
“Easy to miss this Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

After eating at lots of chain places on vacation this place came up on Internet search as a fantastic place for food. I was very surprised at as we drove up to this out of place restaurant and thought the reviews must be off by the looks from the outside. Inside is a very small seating area but I decided to give it a try. The food was first class from various fish dishes to fall off the bone ribs. What a nice change from all the high traffic areas. Don't miss this place if you can visit.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Romanlew
Kissimmee, FL
“Florida Gem”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Since he moved from downtown kissimmee chef John has made it big along a highway outside solivita. There are numerous items on a reasonably priced menu split between seafood and barbque to satisfy anyone. My favorite is the tasty grouper linguini.

• Visited July 2013