“Moved Locations and called Chef John's Place”
Review of The Grille at Bellalago - CLOSED

The Grille at Bellalago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chef John's is a cozy restaurant enjoyed by couples, families and parties up to 20. We can seat 45 guests inside and also have outdoor seating for up to 20 guests. We have a bar where we serve draft beer, bottled beer and wine. Live jazz is performed outdoors every Thursday evening starting at 6:30 pm if the weather permits.
Reviewed September 23, 2012

After reading all the great reviews on TripAdvisor, I knew this was a restaurant I had to try. Luckily, I did a bit of research before heading out and discovered that it had moved locations. This is the new address: 3753 Pleasant Hill Rd, Kissimmee, Fl 34746. Another point to note is that they are closed on Sundays.

I enjoyed the food I ordered. I got Parmesan crusted grouper with creole style rice and asparagus. It was delicious.

It is a cute little place that is easy to miss. It is in the corner of the plaza with the Walgreens in it. You can tell locals enjoy going to this restaurant, which is always a good sign when you are looking for places to eat in a city. It is a bit of a drive from the main area of tourist attractions and restaurants, but it's worth the drive. If you go on an aquatic adventure airboat tour with Captain Dave, then Chef John's Place is right around the corner and a great place to stop for lunch. That's what my husband and I did.

1  Thank Tas05

Reviewed September 21, 2012

So we noticed that the previous Dakin Ave location was moving, and were so disappointed until we discovered they were moving to our neighborhood just 5 minutes away. What a blessing, though we've eaten there 3 times now since they've relocated... Each time I've tried something new, from the shrimp salad to the fish to the quesadillas to the BBQ chicken - with the variety their new menu has to offer, we can have something different once a week for months! To be fair, we have not eaten IN the new location, just been taking "to go" since so close to home and it's usually quite a few patrons in there each time we've gone in to pickup. The lighting and ambience are definitely different than the previous location, but that may take some time to adjust. Value's the same, if not better and taste has remained consistently delicious - same chef, different zip code!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Great menu .Chef John is there to greet the customers they also have great catering
Nice variety on the menu.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Last year, after reading reviews of Chef John's on TripAdvisor, we gave it a try and loved it. This year, while they are only in one location now (which was easy to find with our GPS), the food was even more outrageously delicious than we remember! I enjoyed a wonderful filet mignon cooked to perfection. Hubby had crabcake appetizer which he loved (real crabmeat and pan fried) and pulled pork sandwich that was very good. Kids had pork ribs which were out of this world. Then we shared Key Lime Pie, carrot cake and the newest addition - a fried peach pie pocket with vanilla ice cream. Amazing meal! Fabulous desserts! Wonderful service! Chef John and his wife both visited our table and chatted with us. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!!! Very comfortable and welcoming!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Wanting a special treat for my birthday, I decided to visit Chef John's. So I called to see if I needed reservations and the message said they had moved and were closed at this location. Googling brought up a sparse website that said they'd be open in two weeks with no date to indicate when that would be. I called that number and asked if I needed reservations. I could hear a jazz band playing in the background. So I was picturing a cute Caribbean restaurant. It is off the beaten path near Bellalago. The sign on the building says BBQ. The interior was stark and bright. It wasn't what I had in mind for my small family celebration. I wanted something a little more intimate and quaint. I think they must have just opened in this space. We didn't stay. I think I'll visit for lunch, when I'm needing some BBQ from the #1 restaurant in Kissimmee.

2  Thank HoustonLibrarian