“Worst Hotel Experinece EVER”

Orlando Sun Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #108 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The Orlando Sun's website is complete FALSE advertising. The only thing hey have as advertised is a pool. Rooms not as clean as they should be and the grounds are very shabby. There was old furniture and trash in some of the breezeways and housekeeping did not come daily and we had to go to the office to get our own clean towels. Will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet. Not very many guests there. I guess word was out before the Clarion Inn moved us...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CDO925
There are newer reviews for Orlando Sun Resort & Convention Center

Reviewed April 7, 2012

We were booked at another hotel and got moved to this one. WE had no hot water. We asked front desk for more towels they wouldnt give us any. No WI FI. Breakfast a joke eggs were runny. No waffles. A maintence guy had to tell us the room they put us in was not done unusable. So he had to go get us another room.. Rooms didnt have fridge or microwave. They say heated pool yea you had to go around the hotel ...to another wing to get to the heated pool . Bugs in the room trash left in the room.. ONLY GOOD THING IS THE BARTENDER TIM. HE WAS VERY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY ....BOTTLED BEER ONLY 3 DOLLARS. ADVISE IF YOU GO HERE GO TO BAR BEFORE YOU GET IN LINE TO CHECK IN IT TAKES AT A MINIMUM 1 AND HALF TO GET CHECKED IN..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank juliespreng
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This property needed a renovation 20 years ago! I think the state prisons in Florida are better than this place... They would be better off if they just rented rooms by the hour because that's all most people could stand. The hotel is a ghost town and nothing in the lobby is open...no concierge, restaurant, bar, etc...

I don't understand why it is even open! When we came back from dinner last night no one was at the Security gate no anyone could have driven in... Very limited staff and no services that you would expect from any hotel. Nothing in the fitness room worked, the landscaping is all dead and the staff only apologizes without action.

Very sad and unless you need a horrible place to stay then don't bother!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph K
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This was the the hotel from hell. Room was filthy. Never cleaned but once in 3 days and then only half done. WiFi didn't work, pools closed, ice machine didn't work, halls inside and out were filthy! This place made Motel 6 look like a palace! Front desk and management were very unsympathetic and offered little help. Never was able to talk to General Manage after repeated phone calls. To cap it off received an obscene phone call in the middle of the night and the names that were given just happened to be the names of 2 of their male employees! BUT they said they had no way of knowing where the call came from...Don't go there unless you like dirty rooms, no towels, hand towels or face cloths,or soap replaced or coffee or clean coffee cups and glasses, etc., etc., etc. I would rate this place lower than a -1........I developed a urinary tract infection on the day after left there. Picked up some bacteria somewhere, the dirty toilet maybe???

Room Tip: Go anywhere else but here!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Teri Suzanne M
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I thought that I was getting a really great deal when I bought the 3 night stay groupon for 155. (which is supposed to be about 50% off) However, this place did not meet my expectations. When we first arrived, we noticed that there were about 3 other cars there. I was hoping for a resort to actually have business. I didn't mind as I figured everything else would be really great.

Check in wasn't that bad, except for the fact that when I read the Q&A on groupon about the total fees, the person responding did not say there were resort fees. Oh well, no worries, but the check in lady that i had made the reservation with told me that it would be $51. Well it was $66. again, I'm thinking oh well this is a steal of a deal anyways. I was the only person getting checked in and the staff seemed friendly enough, but distracted. Also, I felt that they could have been more appropriately dressed.

While driving to room I notice the ghost town and wonder if this place has an awful reputation or what. The steps to go upstairs definitely need some work done, then we went up and there was a lot of sitting water that seemed hazardous. Also, I think that in order to be able to get into the pod thing where your room is you should have to use your room key. I guess its just me, but I feel safer that way. The room was clean and met our needs. However, they did not have any sort of booklet or binder that describes amenities, room service, nearby attractions, food, or anything. I guess thats just a perk that I like. Also, they did not have any sort of channel guide for the TV. The "on demand" movies described in amenities on the website is NOT TRUE. again, oh well. I did not have a "do not disturb" door hanger either. That would have been nice so I wouldn't have been woken up by housekeeping, although the lady seemed friendly enough. Oh one thing about housekeeping is that I'm not sure if it was them or just the guests, but there were piles of towels in the hallways, I don't know, it was weird to me.

we had to travel to different pods to find ice as the icemachine wasn't working in 2 places that we tried. :/

THE BEDS: are nice and pillows are mostly soft, one of them had some really hard spots that were uncomfortable. They only have sheets and then a small blanket folded at the bottom, no comforters. I personally get cold very easily and didnt mind their method of doing this, but would have appreciated an extra blanket in the closet or something.

There were supposed to be several pools, but the staff said that basically only 1 was working. we didnt visit them, but i heard a disgruntled customer complain about it not being heated or even ready when i was checking out.

There is internet, but it is a very poor connection, our phones could only briefly connect. We were glad we brought a computer which connected better.

Overall, we made our trip a good time, so the little things about this hotel didn't offend us horribly. However, I do not understand what the resort fees are for, the pools are not working, there is practically no activity, etc. I also do not understand why there is a surcharge for a microwave and/or minifridge. We didn't have either, but it would have been nice. I have spent less on a hotel than what this resort wants to charge, and yet the hotel had both of those included, not to mention comforters, pools, etc. I would stay at this 'resort' again, if renovations were really made and some changes were made. This is a great location, however I have spent less money and had extremely better value.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kris l
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Don't be fooled by the pictures this place does not deserve any rating stars. The location is good, but everything else is BAD.. Bugs in there rooms, the rooms smell, poor service, the place was a ghost town. The ice machines where all rusted out and not working. The staff are trained to apologize about everything and do nothing. Beware of this place.. Staff are writing up reviews to make it seem better.. STAY AWAY

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank MaleNurse2012
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Let me start off by saying that the only good thing about this hotel was the location. Given that we were in Orlando to visit the Universal Studios theme park, it's proximity to the I-4 expressway made it ideal. The positives, however, end there. We booked a 3-night stay at the Orlando Sun Resort because Groupon offered what we thought was a great deal...we were wrong. We ended up checking out a day early and in retrospect, the $155 (about half off the normal rate) was way too much for what we got. From the get go, our experience was a sour one; it took over 30 minutes to check in, and there were only two other groups in front of us. And the entire duration of our stay, we only ever saw one person working at the front desk.

Once we finally did manage to check in, we were directed to one of the rooms located towards the side of the resort. On the short drive there, we couldn't help but notice that this place was a virtual ghost town, with no more than a handful of cars parked throughout. As for the room, well where do I start? There was a musty smell throughout the hallways and in the room itself. I would also love to know exactly what renovations were done to the hotel because they certainly weren't done to the rooms (or the lobby, or any other location that was visible to us). On our first night there, we had to switch rooms because the hot water wasn't working in the shower (it was working in the sink though...go figure). They told us to let the water run from both the sink and shower for 15-20 minutes to see if that worked, and it was only when the maintenance guy came and tried the same thing (along with flushing the toilet) that they decided to move us. Even then, the water pressure was horrible and the toilet didn't work properly.

I don't know if if it was the musty smell, the chlorine-like cleaner they used for the towels and sheets, the pet-friendly rooms, or a combination of all three that gave my boyfriend horrible allergies that kept us in on the first night there (even though we would have much rather gone out, as far away from the room as possible). And to top it off, housekeeping was a virtual no-show, entering the room while we were at the park only to drop off some towels on the bathroom sink and not even bothering to empty the trash.

Stay far, far away from this place. Whatever renovations they recently underwent were most certainly not applied to the areas of the hotel that needed it most. We couldn't bare to stay there another night and we most definitely won't be returning.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lsimon8487
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Rodeway Inn Maingate
Rodeway Inn Maingate
#53 of 154 in Kissimmee
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration
Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
TownePlace Suites Orlando at Flamingo Crossings/Western Entrance

Been to Orlando Sun Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!