“Hotel is old, Service is Impeccable”

Orlando Sun Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #108 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Orlando Sun's location is good, service was outstanding.

Its a old hotel, rooms need to be brought up.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Biniafer
There are newer reviews for Orlando Sun Resort & Convention Center

Reviewed June 10, 2011

The Orlando Sun Resort has an excellent location. It is close to Disney (10 minute drive and easy to avoid the usual traffic), has other restaurants nearby, and because of the pod-style configuration, the grounds are quiet. The pools are nice, of good size and having several of them makes sure you aren't crowded out. The conference facilities are nice, with rooms ranging from the small 20 person set up to medium and large ballrooms as well as the expansive Florida Hall for expositions or a large assembly hall.

Food at the Orlando Sun Resort varies and could use some improvement. As I said there are other choices nearby. The bar offers the standard fare in food and drink.

If you are looking for a decent place close to Disney for a good price, Orlando Sun Resort may be the place for you.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Would not stay there ever again. Got in the room, no remote control, took 3 hours to get one. TV unstable on the stand couldnt turn it to see from chair. No ice in the ice machine in the building. No water in the pool or jaccuzzi. Weeds and trash all over. Iron didnt work, took one hour to get another one. No regular coffee, they were out then coffee maker didnt work after we got our own coffee. Trees growing on balcony. Weeds and trash all over the ground. No washcloths. Internet wasnt always available. Bed was comfortable. $11.00 for resort fees...but nothing works! I travel 6-7 times a year and this is the first time I write a negative comment. This was the worst place. If we had not gotten there so late the first night..we wouldnt have stay the second one.

2  Thank elaine555
Reviewed May 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this Orlando Sun Resort & Convention Center
6375 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL, 34747. During separate stays. April, & May,2011. Lousy desk service, Do not fix problems, I had to argue for breakfast which I was promised by CheapOStay. Did not receive the room promised upon arrival. Major parking problems. Noisy guests, graduation party and a second day of costume convention. They took all the guest parking.

Room Tip: Get a guarantee in writing before you go
1  Thank vacationtraveler1234
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Stayed here with my Wife and Kids over Spring Break 2011, and booked thru Southwest.Com, and was listed as Ramada, after getting there found out it wasn't. Stayed anyway and wished we hadn't. Motel was unkempt, and in terrible repai, as if bought recently out of forclosure. Never got was cloths in 2+ days, room, and motel smelld of mildew, obvious mold infusion. 3 of the 4 of us had to see a doctor after getting home and was told we had developed sinus infections. Management of the establishment, nor Southwest chose to compensate us in any way at all. And to beat all they charge a $10 resort fee for an unkept pool and tennis courts with no nets, and leaves piled 5 feet high, what a scam!!! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Room Tip: Go Somewhere Else
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MikeOxlong26045
Reviewed May 17, 2011

had to ask for towels a couple of times; pool was dirty; no shuttle service to parks like we were told had to rent a car and pay for parking at the parks;reserved a king bed got a room with two double beds

Room Tip: stay at another hotel
1  Thank biker508
Reviewed May 10, 2011

My husband and I were in town for a dog show. It was being held at the convention center, so naturally all the dog show people were staying at the hotel. I made my reservation without checking the reviews. When we started the drive from Miami to Orlando, I took the time to check out all the reviews on Trip Advisor and almost canceled my reservation because I was so discouraged by all the negative comments/reviews that had been posted. I called the hotel and spoke with Penny at the front desk. I explained to her my concerns and she assured me that we would not experience any issues during our stay. Traveling with very large show dogs is not easy, so I trusted her assurances and arrived at the hotel. I had reserved a VIP King Suite and when I arrived the room was ready for check in. It was huge. 1200+ square feet with kitchenette, dining room, living room, 2 full bathrooms and a bedroom. The room was impeccable. Very clean, very well kept. I am a hotel snob and I felt that the reviews in no way fairly represented my stay at this hotel. I was there for 3 nights and aside from 1 little hiccup - that was promptly taken care of - our stay was perfect. Everyone was courteous. The lobby bar was great for having a beer or glass of wine before heading out. The hotel is located in an area that is full of restaurants extremely close and there was ample parking on the grounds. I highly recommend this hotel and suggest that if you are concerned about staying here because of the reviews - call first, speak with Penny or Joe the manager - and give them a chance to prove the reviews wrong. The manager even walked me out to my car at check out. Nice guy. No complaints, folks, and this comes from a snooty hotel goer.

Room Tip: Call ahead and speak with either Penny or Joe
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Yvo1130
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Rodeway Inn Maingate
Rodeway Inn Maingate
#53 of 154 in Kissimmee
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration
Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
TownePlace Suites Orlando at Flamingo Crossings/Western Entrance

Been to Orlando Sun Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!