“8141 Sun Palm Drive - Wonderful experience!!”

Windsor Palms Resort
Reviewed May 25, 2011

"Sun Palm Disney Villa" was a godsend for our recent vacation. We usually stay on Disney Property, but with five adults on this trip our usual resort was a bit pricey. We stayed 7 nights and found the villa to be perfect. The private pool was clean and beautiful. The rooms were beautifully decorated and clean, clean, clean. It was nice to have a washer/dryer so we didn't have to pack as much for our two week trip. The view out the back of the property was gorgeous. Neighbors on either side, but just trees and open land out the back. When we were there no one was in the houses on either side that we could tell. The only bad thing was that on our only day to sleep in (wednesday) the neighborhood association mowing started at 7:30am. Not a big deal, though, and could happen anywhere. I have a bad back, and the beds were very comfortable. No sagging beds. Not one. We didn't use the game room too much, but if you have teens it would be a great to have a separate "living room" for them. Families with small children will enjoy all the baby/toddler toys and supplies. It is obvious that the owner loves using this home and has put a lot of thought into making it comfortable. Flat screen tvs in every room, wireless internet, an ipod doc for the entertainment center, dvds to watch . . . I could go on and on. If you want a pleasant and relaxing WDW trip, we highly recommend 8141 Sun Palm Drive. Just google "Sun Palm Disney Villa" to find it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank chardob

Reviewed May 13, 2011

We had a great stay, nice pool with the villa, 8163 Sun Palm Drive, good facilities in the community like tennis court, communal swimmingpool, small cinema and shop. Very convenient to all the theme parks, disney within 15 minutes, the rest a little further. Plenty of shops and restaurants in the neighbourhood. One downside is that we lost nearly all of our $200 security deposit because of something that was broken when we arrived but failed to report immediately.

• Stayed: April 2011
11  Thank AJ_68
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Pros: pool was awesome, nice pool chairs, great highchair, toys, spacious, clean, laundry, appliances, convenient. Customer service refunding
Cons: my unit had no Internet, beds uncomfortable, fitted sheets falling off beds, air conditioning broke- took 3 days to fix, no vacuum available

• Stayed: April 2011
4  Thank Lovelove123
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I had made reservations at a hotel when at the last minute, we added two guest to our party. With six people, it would have been expensive to book a hotel. A friend had previously recommended Windsor Palms, but i blew it off. With the additional expense, I took a chance and booked and am glad I did. Because it was last minute, I called the office and they had an opening for the right dates. The managers were pleasant and so helpful. They took the time to tell me everything I needed to know. The condo we rented was very upper scale and had every thing we needed. It was roomy, and clean. The kids loved the pool. As it was an apartment, Grandpa and I put the kids to bed so the older kids could go out for a night on the town. Much better than a hotel and was half the cost.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank spillersm
Reviewed April 6, 2011

We've stayed in a condo at Windsor Palms twice now. The first time was late March/early April of 2009 and the condo was everything we could wish for. Great location, clean, lots of room, fantastic amenities. Couldn't have asked for more. I rented from a private owner for our trip in '09 and this year (March 2011), we decided to go back to that same unit. I only wish our experience this year could have been as great as 2 years ago.

Checked in following procedures the owner gave us and walked into a condo with a small hole in the carpet. Found the king bed frame was broken so the bed was now in a U-Shape (almost a V-Shape) and quite miserable to sleep in. The tubs were clogged and did not drain. We timed them and one took 40 min to drain and the other took 20 min. This was after a 10 min shower. I contacted the owner via email (the same way we communicated to book) during our stay to let him know and never recieved any reply whatsoever (not even a thanks for letting me know).

It also seems as if his cleaning crew has changed (although I can't be certain). In 2009 the unit was spotless. This time the tubs were filthy and so were the dishes. Although, I did not tell him this in the email as I could fix these issues with some cleaning.

Would we stay here again? At this point I'm not sure. I would definately stay in Windsor Palms again, as the location is fantastic for visiting Disney World. In this particular unit though? I don't know, but am leaning towards no. However, I am grateful to have had a roof over my head after long days in the parks.

We booked a unit called Mickey's Crib via www.mickeyscrib.com The owner is Steve M. (I don't think it's appropriate for me to post his last name.)

If you decide to stay in his unit I'd ask if the tub drainage and bed have been fixed prior to booking.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank lovemydoggy
Reviewed March 24, 2011

My family booked a condo here for our week at Disney. While it had everything we needed it felt very dirty to me. The couches had stains, the walls had a lot of marks and dirty baseboards, the bathroom floors were dirty looking, and the place had an overall bad smell. The bed squeaked so loud it woke our baby up all the time and walking around on the laminate floors would leave tons of trash and dirt on our feet. I didn't personally see the pool but my husband and kids had a nice time in it.

On the positive, the guy at the security gate (don't know his name) was VERY polite and helpful! The rates are good as well. Loved having a condo instead of a hotel but may try a different place next time.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank theflyingkeiths
Reviewed March 23, 2011

we hired a 5 bedroom house in windsor palms in Kissimmee with a pool great house nice gated complex. 10min drive from disney world and great golf courses close to local shops and resturants on highway195.weather was in high 80 the whole time last week of feb and first week of march.
nightmare to find where to return car hire to at orlando airport at end of holiday, 30 min drive from orlando airport

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family