“Great home away from home”

Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed December 7, 2010

We read a lot of negative comments about this place. We had already traded for this time-share and were stuck with it for two weeks. All our fears were for nothing…. The property was wonderful. The staff was terrific and right on time every time we need something. This is a Time-Share property so the room gets a touch up mid-week and a thorough cleaning once a week. We got a three bedroom suite. The rooms were big, clean and comfortable, the grounds were beautifully kept, pools were awesome.

The only draw-back was that check-in was chaotic - sending you to this person then that person all a ploy to schedule you for a timeshare spin, which we kept turning down. We finally were taken to our room by someone who said he was our (rep) (short for Salesman). On a guise that he was checking the maintenance of the room he scheduled some time with us, after explaining (several times that we had enough time-shares) we finally had to walk out on him and his supervisor. But again the Property was great and if we go to see Micky Mouse again we will try to stay here. Did I mention we could see the Fireworks from our room. Really close to WDW.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2015

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what more we have improved on.

Ariel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed December 3, 2010

This was my second stay at a guest of an owner and while the majority of the stay went off without issue, the customer service we experienced was borderline terrible.
First off, we arrived with a later check-in and were told our rooms were not ready. It turns out they were, but needed to be unlocked, while this key was went and got or this person needed to go and unlock the doors to the attached rooms. It was just too much chaos for the us and several of the children we had with us.
Then, as I went to get into bed that night and pulled the covers back the sheets were covered in all kinds of I don't know what. It looked like little spots of blood clustered near the top and lots of little dark brown specs of dirt. At 10pm, after a long day, quite exhausted, my mind immediately went to bed bugs. I was upset and furious and called to get new sheets. While waiting, my sister and I scoured the bed and frame to see if they were bed bugs, and were relieved that we didn't find any. After waiting over 30 minutes for the sheets, the doorbell rang and we were handed a plastic bag. It was ridiculous that we then had to try an make the bed with the wrong size sheets! We were too exhausted to call down for another set, and I just slept on top of them.
The next day we got clean sheets, but again had to put them on the bed ourselves. After this annoying first night, I resolved to just relax and let it go. Am glad I did as the rest of the trip stay there were no more problems. That is until we left.
We had several children with us and as you can imagine, it was a bit loud getting everyone's things together and out the door. Well, a watch got left behind. It was noticed almost immediately that it was left so we called and were told to leave a voicemail with the lost and found department. I very explicitly described the watch, where it was left and that it could have possibly fallen behind the headboard or the desk.
No once called us back after a couple of days so I called again and was told to leave another voicemail which I did. While we were there, the building we were in was fairly empty, so I assumed it may have taken a couple of days to clean the room. So I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. But again, so response, so I called again. Nothing. The fourth time I called, I tried to let the receptionist/phone operator know that I was tired of leaving voicemails as no one was calling me back, but was told that that was the only department I could deal with for a lost item.
It's quite upsetting that I still haven't heard anything...not even a courtesy call to say they looked for the watch and couldn't find it. Was it possible I left it someplace else or something like that. But no contact from the at all. There was a lot of sentimental value for this watch and it’s a bit disturbing that I couldn’t even get a call back. Even at the least starred places, I never been ignored when I’ve had an issue.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that you had some issues. Allow us to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We took cleanliness very serious and the issues you had is below our standard of service. We regret to hear that you were not able to find your belongings, we do advise to let security know and if this isn’t handled effectively to also file a police report for the missing item. Again, we apologize for these issues. This information will be used for training and developing purposes and will go forward to our executive team. We hope you allow us with the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
Idalise

Reviewed November 10, 2010

We just returned from our 3rd trip to Orlando staying at the Westgate. Each time our stay gets better. We had a top floor with an amazing view of fireworks from Magic Kingdom and Epcot. The resort is beautiful and so comfortable. It is so nice to have room to stretch out and have some privacy. We also shopped at Target for snack foods and breakfast foods which was convenient and saved a few dollars. It was also great to have a washer and dryer. This resort is right next to World Drive and so easy to get to all the parks including SeaWorld and Universal which are 20 mins. away. This time we had one day to relax and enjoy the resort property. The pool with the bar and arcade was so great with the beautiful lake view behind it. The room was immaculate, the grounds are beautiful and everyone we encountered couldn't be more helpful. I would highly recommend Westgate Town Center to anyone. I just wish we could afford to purchase because it just doesn't get any better than this!

Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed November 8, 2010

I have to say this was the best hotel experience I've had in the Orlando area.
Great resort facilities, huge one room unit and near to everithing. My wife and I had a room for ourselves since it can separate from the livingroom that had a queen folding bed and extra TV and DVD. Two kids slept more than comfortable there.
Kitchen was not full, but microwave and coffe machine were more than enough.
Overall, the unit was clean. The only down part is that housekeeping is made only one day a week on Wednesday.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed October 18, 2010

I was originally booked at the Westgate Vacation Villas studio room and when I checked online, as previously stated by another guest, it was a two bedroom hotel room. I called and spoke to a supervisor and asked to be changed a Town Center studio, which is a one bedroom, living area/kitchenette room.
I was in 5356B, a newer building. Nice vestibule entering into apartments A & B. Clean room, couple minor maintenance issues, fixed quickly, lots of fresh towels,lot of pillows, nice bed linens, sofa bed ok. Big bathroom- with separate shower enclosure, big soaps. Shampoo, conditioner, full coffee pot, with one pot service. Pool, mini-golf nearby. Sales people everywhere desperately wanting to seal a deal- it is a timeshare complex.
They do hold onto your keys and give you the pitch before you get to your room.
Huge complex. Plenty of things for families to do.
No free wifi.
I paid $59+ (but remember I was upgraded upon request.)
Got an early (11 AM) check-in upon request also.
A $50 deposit required at check-in - refunded, if not used at check out.
See my photos.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

.We enjoy staying at Westgate because of its convenient location,roomy accomodations,ammenities,and friendly staff. We particularly love the huge columned hot tub in the master bedroom.There is something for every age here from theme parks to playgrounds,paddle boats, shopping and great dining. The pools and fitness center are well maintained. Families and couples of all ages would enjoy this resort.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alfie45

Reviewed October 11, 2010

Just came fro staying at Westgate Town Center, we had booked a suppossed studio unit, which in all other places I have booked that type of room comes with a small table,chairs,a small living room with a pull out sofa, and a partioned or separate bedroom.
Not so here, all you get under this type of room is a bedroom with two double beds, a small fridge, a microwave, and plates and utensils.No, you do not get a table to eat whatever you have cooked, or even a couch to sit in, no chairs either unless you count the one chair for the small desk next to the tv.

Also, there is nobody at the pools to monitor the signs that they have telling people that there are no unsupervised children allowed, or no diving into the pools, or glass cups allowed.

All in all very disappointed, having stayed at other timeshare units that provide better accomodations, and better supervision of common areas, allowing their guests time to relax, and enjoy their vacations.

2  Thank FlThrifty1

We value and appreciate your response. We apprehend that you had issues with the accommodations in your unit. We do advise our guests’ if there’s anything they need to please let our staff know, they would be more than happy to bring it up for you. Our staff works hard to assist our guests’ in their needs. We do have security on the property but keep in mind that we are a big property. We hope you allow us with the opportunity to provide you with a more relaxing stay.
Idalise