“Best Service Ever.”

Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The people and especially Katterine Vasquez stood as willing to go out of the way to take care of some special needs of mine that they were not required to do. This lady was such a problem solver for me on two different occasions and you could tell she genuinely was happy to help and never gave you the feeling she was bothered to do so. This place I have been to many times (10 weeks in last 4 months) and it has become one of my favorite places to stay. The service and people make it a pleasure to stay at every time I come. Thank you Katterine. Glenn and Melissa Miller

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you so much for providing your response. We are glad our staff was able to accommodate your needs. Our staff strives to provide excellent service to all of our guests and we’re glad you experience just that! On behalf of the entire Westgate staff, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you soon!

Idalise

Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I try very hard not to be one of those "extreme" reviewers, as I don't find a rant constructive at all. So I write this very aware of those kind of reviews.

Unfortunately, there is not a lot I can write about the positives of our stay at Westgate Town Center. The convenience of the official Disney representative (NOT a timeshare rep) was super helpful. She was very kind, knowledgeable and non pushy. Unfortunately, she wasn't a staff member of Westgate, lol!

In a "non ranting" spirit of my review, I would like to share the following concerns we experienced:

1) Reservation was not correct, and the front desk agent did nothing to rectify the situation. We were assigned an efficiency suite, with a "kitchenette" instead of one of the larger suites with full kitchen that we had reserved. The kitchenette contained a full sized fridge, a sink, and only a microwave to cook with leaving my plans of cooking breakfast each morning (instead of eating out) quickly dashed. This would have been forgiven if we had simply been offered an apology....but were rather treated with ambivilance by guest services.

2) Right after checking in, we were taken to get our "welcome package", which was the hard sell to go to the timeshare breakfast. After a fifteen minute "new best friends" approach I told the woman I was very tired after an 18 hour travel day and was not interested in committing to any breakfast, let alone paying a $20 deposit. She became indignant that I would refused something so wonderful. All the same, I took our keys and we left, skipping the bell station on the way. I figured I was done with all of the welcoming staff!

3) Room was not at all what we expected:
(a) The bottom of the tub was stained and the shower head was filthy.
(b) The toilet paper was the cheapest I've ever seen in a hotel (no exageration).
(c) The bedroom did not have a proper dresser or even a closet. Rather it was a weird cabinet on either side of the bed with two drawers and a small cabinet to hang things.
(d) The bed was very hard and both my husband and I woke up each morning with sore backs.
(e) As our room did not have a balcony, there was simply a "window" in the living room. It was so thin, I could hear every conversation of the people below who were walking by in detail. I found this bizarre.

4) Housekeeping only attended to our room once. I understand with timeshares not to expect daily housekeeping. However I don't feel it is unreasonable to expect twice a week service to our room. What is worse, is that our fresh towels that were delivered (the one time) were just dumped on a chair in the living room, and not even put away. I do find that unacceptable.

5) We had DAILY issues getting hot water for our showers. At least 50% of the showers during our stay were lukewarm at best. Again, for what is advertised as a nicer resort this is unacceptable.

6) The fact that guests have to pay for internet was a huge inconvenience to us....and on principle we just refused to pay for it. Instead we went to downtown Disney, or several restaurants and used their free Wifii. I'm sorry to use the word "unacceptable" again, but there really isn't any other word.

7) Finally, we found it quite odd that housekeeping simply dumped bags of dirty laundry on the lawns in front of the buildings and often times they would sit there for at least a day (as in overnight a few times)! It certainly gave the grounds around the buildings a very unattractive appearance. I completely understand leaving them there to be picked up for a short time....but a day?

Comparitively speaking, we stayed at the Rosen Center for one night (as our trip was eight days and we could only book seven nights at Westgate). I booked the room on Hotwire for a STEAL of a deal. Not only did we have a beautiful clean room with no sales pitch, but we also had hot water for our showers, AND we received free internet. When I compared what we paid for Westgate to Rosen Center it would have only cost an additional $75 for the entire week to stay there. If we would have paid for internet at Westgate, that cost would have been a wash. It's a no brainer....

Finally I would like to say that I did do the survey Westgate sent on our stay and told them I'd be happy to discuss my concerns. I received an email from them asking me to call them. I told them that as we are on different time zones, I would appreciate being able to communicate via email...to which I haven't heard a word back. The message I'm receiving is that they truly don't care now that we've paid and left.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shannon O
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for your review. Regarding your room, we send out confirmations on every reservation booked through us. This confirmation should list what you will be getting. Full kitchens are found in 1 bedroom deluxe units and larger. If you had indeed booked a 1 bedroom deluxe, then you should have received one. Typically, if a front desk agent is giving out a room type that was not booked and does not match the confirmation, they will understand when it is pointed out to them and they can get a manager.
We do offer every guest the chance to explore timeshare ownership. If anyone is not interested, they may simply decline. Our apologies if the woman seemed indignant-that is not our standard of service.
Due to the hard water in our geography, sometimes minerals will cake on the shower head and stain the bath. Our apologies about the quality of the toilet paper. Regarding housekeeping, when a guest stays for a week, they should receive a mid week cleaning after the fourth night. Towels and clean linens can be requested at any time. Our apologies about the presentation. Dumping dirty laundry on the lawn and leaving it for a day is not something that should be happening. If any sorting is to be done, it would be at the laundry area. Regarding our internet, there is a large discount for a week that brings it currently to $40. With our large and luxurious units, many amenities and great location, we hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

David

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hi there! I take my children to Florida every year and last year we visited this place as a future possibility as one of the places to stay. Another reviewee had stated that this was one of the worst place when it came to the company trying to sell a timeshare, and I could not agree more! To make a long story short, it was nothing short of bullying and harassment that we experienced. My sixteen year old daughter, fifteen year old son, and six year old son physically witnessed this firsthand, and I finally drew the line when the same was done to an 88 year old woman. Two innocent, kind women, visiting this place were being hassled and bullied by a salesman and saleswoman. The old woman continued to express that "I just cannot afford what you are offering, I am so sorry", and at the same time, she was crying hysterically, explaining how she was on social security and a fixed income. My daughter and I consoled them both and then they were escorted away by another salesman. My personal opinion...they made a used car lot (salesman) appealing (and no offense to used car salesmen or women). I know this is my personal experience, but please, please read all of these reviews before considering to stay here. Their facility itself is gorgeous, at least the one we visited was. In my 37 years, I have never written a review but felt compelled to after what we unfortunately witnessed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank JHC76
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you so much for your response. We regret to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay. What you’ve mentioned is far below our standard of service and we want to sincerely apologize for that. As a timeshare resort, we do offer the opportunity to all of our guests to participate in a 90 minutes presentation. Participation in the tour is voluntary. We expect all our staff to behave professionally and assist all of our guests in a respectful manner. We wouldn’t like you to have this impression of our overall resort and what we truly have to offer. We hope you allow us to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Let me begin by saying we've stayed on Westgate resorts several times since 1998 and we're owners in Westgate Town Center. We usually stay for 2 weeks. We had never seen such neglect in the maintenance of the resort, particularly the cleaning of the rooms, which shouldn't be because we pay an annual fee specifically for it. Usually, housekeeping would come every day, now once a week. The quality of the toilet paper is very low and sometimes they would come to clean and not leave new toilet paper rolls. When we asked one of the cleaning ladies to give us one, they told us to call... really? We were very disappointed by this because this is very basic service a hotel/resort should provide flawlessly.
On the other hand, some of the new facilities promised by this year were not ready, like the water park. The sales pitch is really annoying and they will always find a mistake in the previous deal to sell you a fix... Next time we'd rather lose $20 than a whole afternoon. Maybe if they didn't try to sell so hard (and the sales representatives getting mad and rude for people not buying) one would consider buying... I hope things improve in the next 2 years when we might visit again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Andrea B

We want to take the time and thank you for sharing your response with us. We understand you may have encountered some issues during your visit. As a timeshare resort, our housekeeping service does run a little differently. As you mentioned, we do provide mid-week cleanings and our guests are able to request for additional items if needed. We apologize if this was an inconvenience for you. Our maintenance staff is diligently working on the upgrades of our resort and we want to thank you for your patience during this process. We hope you allow us with the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Let me start by saying that we exchanged our timeshare for a week here. Normally we exchange for Sheraton or Marriott but this time they were booked so we got the Westgate. We knew going in that it wouldn't be at that level but we thought it wasn't a big deal..after all, it's a week at Disney so the hotel wasn't the main reason for the journey. Unfortunately, the experience at the hotel didn't live up to even my low expectations. Here's a list of the issues that ruined the experience:

1. It is impossible to check in without the high-pressure sales pitch on their timeshare presentation. They actually take you to book a time slot before they give you the room key. Despite my protest, they just didn't want to hear the word "no" so the only way was to sign up for a presentation (knowing full well that I would cancel). They took a $20 deposit from me as well for the presentation....I assume this happens regularly. Anyhow, I cancelled the next day and got my $20 back but what a terrible experience. Sadly, I saw the people who had signed up waiting in the hotel lobby the next day. Looked like they had been sitting their for a long period of time waiting to hear the pitch.

2. As I'm checking in, I hear an existing guest complain about cockroaches in his room. I have read about this on the site but unfortunately, it wasn't until I booked. I had my fingers crossed the entire time when I went to my room. I lucked out and our room was clean but it really makes you nervous when you hear other guests having such experiences.

3. The property is very loud and busy. Golf carts are driving all over the place taking people on tours for the timeshare pitch. We stayed near the registration unit and we could see anywhere form 50-100 carts parked there at various times of the day. It was like grand central station.

4. This is a minor point but wifi is not free unless you are an owner. Kind of laughable because even cheap motels give free wifi nowadays.

5. The room was basically clean but there were some issues. The cover on the bed was old and worn and had stains on it. Yes..stains! We threw it on the ground and slept on the sheets.

The only reason I didn't give this a "terrible" rating is because the property actually looks and presents nice on the outside. However, beyond that, there isn't much I could say.

Room Tip: Just stay elsewhere. Lots of places in Orlando/Kissimmee that would give you better value for your...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Anwar1234
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for commenting on your experience at Westgate Town Center. As a timeshare resort we do offer the opportunity to all owners and guests to attend one of our timeshare presentations. These are flexible presentations and you are under no obligation to attend. We are glad that you found your room to be clean and that you were able to put your fears aside and enjoy your vacation. We do offer several services at the resort a lot of them are free for owners and come at a separate fee for all other guests. Thank you again for your opinion. We value all feedback and will use it for our ongoing improvement projects. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future and trust that you will enjoy a much different experience.
Sincerely
Lucía

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Want to cancel but can't. We made a reservation and orignally asked for westgate resort and spa, but it was fully booked...fine. Was told town center had the same amenities so we opted for that. I asked if they had. Certain dates avaiable they said no. Went online after makng the resrvaion one day short to find that they did have that date available. Called again to extend the stay by one day but had to make a seperate reservation for this. All was well until I got sick one day before check in and called to change the dates, they told me I couldn't but they did a one time courtesy, which was nice, but then I was told if I had vacationguard I wouldn't be going through this so I said fine, I will purchase the vacationguard. Prior to completing the purchase, I asked the rep several times if it would cover cancellations or caling to change dates and was told yes. I was also told we could pay the balance when we arrive. Fine...

After really assessing our situation, we called to change the dates and was told we can't. Explained we had the vacationguard, but that didn't matter. So I said to cancel the reservation and was told if I do we would forfeit ALL funds paid...please note the dates were for 5 months down the line...we said ok...

Got an email later saying urgent matter to call and find out that we have to pay the balance of our stay that day or ALL funds paid up to date would be forfeitted. I explaiined what I was told and even told them to recover the calls that I had with the reps to find what I was told. This didn't matter either.....we paid the difference, but got the dates changed to what we really wanted.

For a resort this big to have all the reps tell me the same thing, there has to be some major training issues. I only purchased vacationguard because of what the rep told me otherwise I wouldn't have considered it. Wasted precious time out of my days.....

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We understand you may have encountered some issues upon booking your reservation. There are certain restrictions and conditions when purchasing vacation guard. We apologize if there was a misunderstanding or inconvenience that led you from booking the dates you wanted. We value all of our guests and owners and we feel confident that you will truly enjoy your upcoming stay with us!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Christmas week at Westgate Town Center was entirely enjoyable. Despite a fully booked resort the property is so well planned and laid out that crowding was never an issue.

The room was beautifully appointed and well cared for. There were sufficent towels for the stay. The vistas were wonderful. Parking was never an issue.

If there was one down side, it was that the renters one level above had a dog that ran and jumped at all hours of the day and into the night. It's possible they didn't realise the sound could be heard below.

Otherwise the trip was entirely enjoyable and worth recommending to others!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

We appreciate you for sharing your wonderful Christmas review with us. Thank you for your kind words on our property. Your review helps us to make any necessary improvements toward our resort. We hope you had an amazing Christmas vacation and look forward to having you back again.

Ariel