“Nervous about stay, but it was great!”

Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
miflord
“Nervous about stay, but it was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family of 6, just got home from a great week here! I exchanged through II and was nervous with all the back and forth reviews, it was great! Huge 3 bedroom villa, pool was right out our back door. It closed at 10 , a few nights people stayed, i called security and it quieted down. Dishwasher didnt clean dishes great, but those are my only two minor complaints. So close to disney. We were on the first floor and loved it!Everyone was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We were in room 5213, we had a lock off, that allowed us to go straight out to pool, otherwise, the...
1 Thank simmonsx6
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your overall stay and our staff was able to accommodate your needs. We apologize you had issues with the noise from the pool and the dishwasher. Guest feedback is vital, so that we can provide the best service we can. We appreciate you choosing us for your stay and hope you provide us with the pleasure again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

1st of all im a proud westgate owner since 2008, we love Disney and universal that's why we keep coming back to my home resort which is town centre every year, this time I have guest with me because I wanna impress them of how nice it is to own a WG, so we came a night early to prepare for the arrival of our guests the next day,, we made a 1 night reservation for a 1 bd rm and a 4 nights for a 2 bd rm villa which my family and guest would stay the next day.. driving from Toronto got their at 12 am the check in was quick, but when we got to the room it wasn't as clean as we expect the bed sheets and pillows were stained and smelly(smells like someone slept there already) this was not the time to have problems coz we were very tired from our travel, my wife called them to complain and was told supervisor will b there,, but never came,, so we ended up using all the towels as bed sheets and pillow cases,,, supervisor came in the morning after the wife called them again,, well as expected they apologize I mean what else can they do but apologize? that was a horrible 1st night... we are neat and organize I always treat anyroom/villa we stay in as my own house.. the next day we transferred to a 2 bd room villa fully equip ofcourse,, upon entering the smell was a bit better than the other one,, I always bring febreze and wipes with me lolz! we found stains again in pillow cases, so I decided to wash them myself,, I bring my own laundry detergent and Clorox stain remover always... the floor were sandy so I sweep the floor the carpet has lots of stain, they gotta shampoo that. so we did a little bit of cleaning b4 my guest's arrived.. and when they did they were very impress the resort is beautiful its a nice place to relax and forget about your reality for a week,, WG TC is a great resort the staff was quick to repond to your request except for the 1st night,, and the amenities is great.. I know to some people things like that doesn't bother them but it bothers us, for the amount of money that we paid to own and maintenance fee pay yearly.. when we get there everything should be perfect!!

1 Thank jrtiger2
We appreciate and value your review. We are glad that you found our location convenient to all of what you wanted to do in the area. We always look forward to assisting our owners providing them with the ultimate vacation. We appreciate your comments as we are always looking for areas to progress. Please know that although you had some challenges during your stay, we are always looking to make our guests stay better. Please revisit us in the future to see how we are working hard to exceed your expectations.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed august 23 to aug25 2013
I just love this resort been there various times , We were going to Disney for a few days and decided to stay here again. This was our 4th stay here.It is about 10 min away from the parks. We had a 2 bedroom. It was very clean and had lots of room. The kitchen had everything we needed. It is also great to have a washer and dryer on vacation. The resort is big and has lots of things to do, mini golf, movies, pools, boats and a nice sized gym. It has more amenities then some of the other Westgate we have stayed at the location close to Disney world its very convenient really closed to many restaurants. We stayed in a two bedroom unit which was great its like a home away from home , my family really enjoys it ,

1 Thank Love2travel1582
Thank you so much for your review. It is a real pleasure to know we have succeeded in providing a quality vacation experience that exceeded your expectations. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our many resort amenities. Sounds like we will be seeing you and your family again soon!
Gaffney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was a bit skeptical when I exchanged my timeshare for this one based on the many negative reviews I had read. I will say that we had a wonderful time and found this a great place for families, especially if you have children. We arrived around 6:30 pm and had no wait to check in. The lady at the desk was helpful and we had a 3 bedroom in building 5100, 3rd floor. They did direct me to the timeshare table and we did agree to listen, if you don't want to buy or care about the discount, don't go. It takes forever, food is awful, and it's extremely high pressure and you just don't feel good when you leave. We own elsewhere but did save a lot of money on tickets. The room was nice, huge and clean except the jacuzzi tub which was disgusting. There were starter supplies for dishwasher and washing machine, etc. We even got fresh towels mid week. The room was outdated, needs new furniture, beds, etc....and it is noisy. The walls are thin and every morning we would hear the people and kids at the pool at 7am as well as the people upstairs, kind of annoying. We didn't have the resort fee as it was included in my exchange fee, that was nice and we got the owner benefits, again very nice! It's a great resort if you have young children, but not if you want a quiet place to relax. We had my 6 year old niece and she LOVED it, couldn't get her out of the pool. Overall, we had a very nice time, and didn't encounter anything that would make us not want to return! I don't think you can go wrong, especially with children! It is very close to Disney, loved that, and easy to find!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are so happy that you had a great time. We are always looking for areas to improve upon; so that all our owners and guests feel the comforts of a “home away from home”. We always look forward to assisting our guests and providing them with the ultimate vacation. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again.
Scottsdale, Az.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had a condo on the first floor that had a kitchen and a washer and dryer.The condo even came with detergent for the washer. They had two TVs - one in bedroom and one in living room. Very nice . My relative had the condo next door that was for wheelchair approved. It was a lot bigger with a large jacuzzi bathtub. Really nice! We didn't use the pool because there was to many children. Westgate is a place for families with young children. August has too much humidity to be comfortable. Skip August in Florida unless your used to jungle temperatures.

Room Tip: Wheel chair rooms are the best. In all, the condos are decent.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our rooms and room amenities. We strive to provide an exceptional vacation experience that exceeds guest’s expectations. On behalf of the entire Westgate Team, thank you for staying with us and we hope you come back soon!
Apollo Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Full disclosure: My parents and I are Westgate time share owners. We own at the Westgate Villas but this year we decided to try out the Westgate Towers for a change. First the service. From the the time we checked in to checkout the staff was always extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was nice but a little outdated. The location was great as it is within very close proximity to all the Disney parks and about a 15-20 min drive to Universal Studios. As for us, we mainly enjoyed the small things such as catching the free shuttle over the the Villas to play mini-gulf and ride bikes. So at the end of the day, it was a pleasant stay without any surprises.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant stay. We pride ourselves in many things, from superior customer service, to our beautiful grounds. Our staff strives to be attentive & give great service, and we're delighted to see that you experienced that. We are glad you were able to use the shuttle service and play mini-gulf as we know that can help make your vacation more enjoyable. We hope you will visit us soon.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

As a vacation stay with children is a good place with different amenities. The theater is very small but comfortable, the 13 swimming pools exist but are small, there is one with the view to the lake that is the largest but it is almost always full. I used to own a 3bed lock-off which was very convenient as it is a studio (without a kitchenette) joint to a 2bedr apartment with kitchen and washer/drier with a view to to miniature golf so it was a good view and quiet. As owner you are allowed to a free breakfast by the pool and a B.B.Q. lunch also by the pool but the lines are super long, and all the activities are free. What is very disappointing is that even as an owner they imposed the meeting to show you the new apartments. REALLY ANNOYING!!!
As a guest you have to pay for everything, (bike rental, boat, children crafts etc.)
When the sell person tells you that you have the best of Westgate because it is a red zone and any exchange with other resorts will be easy IT IS THE BIGGEST LIE. I tried to exchange my unit for a place to go skiing in January and i was supposed to pay over a thousand dollars besides that i had my unit paid completely and i was paying $1,000.00 maintenance per year. When I tried to sell it nobody wants it and of course they don't help you, so i just surrendered my title and use my $1,000.00 maint. in vacations of my choice. The location is good, there are good restaurants close-by and also fast food and 5 minutes to state road 4 which will take you to the parks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GPM930
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We strive to make your vacation a memorable one. We’re glad you enjoyed the resort amenities, but apologize you had some issues with exchanging your unit. Please know that although you had some challenges during your stay, we are always looking to make our guests stay better. Please revisit us in the future to see how we are working hard to exceed your expectations.