“GREAT VACATION!”

Ranked #28 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Crawfordsville, Indiana
“GREAT VACATION!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I took my granddaughter for her "SWEET 16" birthday! We had a great week! ! 5 pools available to us from early morning to late at night! I went to water aerobics, 3 times, had free shuttle to SEAWORLD and enjoyed the Hershey's Ice Cream parlor as well as the mini mart and deli on property! The Deluxe one bedroom was huge and had our own balcony, full kitchen and marble shower with toilet separate from main bathroom and shower, with door! We enjoyed the Jacuzzi in our big comfy bedroom and they replaced a TV in the bedroom that wasn't working properly. Couldn't ask for more! Never had to ask for towels or extras! They appeared midweek. Had washer and dryer, soap, coffee and all! Lots of activities LOVED IT!

Room Tip: King size beds are SO COMFY! Need full kitchen? OR smaller units have stacked washer and dryer and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Here at Westgate Town Center we love to hear back from our guests. We are thrilled when guests have had such an outstanding experience, especially during a time as special as a sweet sixteen! We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy our many amenities as well. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This place is pretty consistsnt as far as bad points. The staff at the deli was a horrible pack of unhappy girls. The market too. The girls at the deli always complaining about the job. Not enough pools it say 14 but not all available to you and pools too small. NO FISHING, no batting cages bring own equip, arcade is a joke. Pool bars never open,no wild west rodeo show, activities programming non-existent. ONLY STAY HERE IF YOU GET IT FOR CHEAP.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled to read that you room was clean, neat and that you were lucky and able to receive room service every day. We apologize for the inconvenience of the sales staff. It is definitely not our intention to make you feel pressured in any way from anyone on our staff. However, we do offer the opportunity to all of our guests and owners to take a tour and with that, receive certain incentives, with no obligations. Again, we apologize and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

New Jersey
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We travel to the Orlando/Kissimmee area a few times a year to visit with family. We use Priceline for our hotel stays because we are there for up to 10 nights and it can get expensive. We got this property and were concerned when we read the other reviews but we had no choice, we were committed to it.

The location is great. The grounds are great. It looks beautiful and there's plenty to do on the property (from what we saw and read). Contrary to other reviews, our check in wait only took maybe 10 -15 minutes at most. The problem is the lobby is very large, very populated with other guests and employees and it was very, very loud. I couldn't hear the clerk speak at check in. After we were done, they took our room keys, handed them off to another employee and forced us to the bell hop. Because we used Priceline we weren't forced to talk to a Time Share representative at check in. The bell hop got in a golf cart and lead us to our room.

We were given a full two bedroom suite by their accident. We should have had a small studio. We were very pleased with the upgrade. The bell hop gave us our keys after we tipped him. We were on the second floor above pool 14 which was TERRIBLE! Lots of kids were in there and it was very loud. We knew there was a grocery store close by so we went and stocked up since we had a full kitchen and we were there for 10 days. The refrigerator was turned low between guests so we had to turn it up to get cold. We were told the pool closed at 10pm or 11pm and we had to call security at 11:15pm to close the pool down for some silence to sleep. Around 1am we heard the doorbell ringing frantically which scared the daylights out of us! They apparently checked another family into our room and if we didn't have our doors locked, they would have walked in on us sleeping!!!

We were woken up at 8am by the pool radio that came on blasting loud. We were going to make breakfast in our room when we found that our freezer never got cold and everything we bought was ruined. We moved what we could salvage into the other room that had a mini fridge. We went on about our day and again that night, we had to call security at 11:15pm because the same group of teenagers were in the pool late.

Once again, we were woken up at 8am by the pool radio. We did a long day trip this day and we couldn't wait to get back to our room, shower and get a good night's sleep. We got back around 11pm and our room keys were not working. They worked in the front gate but didn't work on any of the doors. Since the property is so big we called to have them send someone to us. It took him 25 minutes and three phone calls to get him to us and he was just rude and nasty. We get into our room to find out that housekeeping threw out all of our groceries!!! We immediately went to the lobby to complain.

We asked to speak to a manager and they didn't want to let us. Finally a woman came out and said we shouldn't have been in that room in the first place, but as a courtesy they let us keep the one. She said security would be up to our room shortly to fill out a report for the grocery loss and maintenance would be up to fix the fridge. At 12:30am security showed up. He was a very nice man who helped us out. He was probably the nicest employee we dealt with. While we were filling out the report, the maintenance man literally just walked into our room without knocking or ringing the bell! Maintenance assured us the fridge would be cold in an hour and security said they'd have our money back in a day or two.

After another uneasy night, we got to bed by 2am and at 8am the radio came on blasting. We had enough, called Priceline and they arranged a refund for the rest of the stay if we checked out by 11am.

We gladly checked out but wanted to settle our Security refund from the groceries we lost. A nice Security guard came to assist us and had our paperwork. He asked if we wanted cash or credit and we said cash. He said ok he'll be right back. 45 mins later he still had not returned. We kept asking different people to help us find out where he was and nobody knew who we were talking about. Apparently nobody there knows their coworkers INCLUDING knowing who a manager was. I literally had to scream out loud for someone to help us and threaten to call 911 to report a theft before the Security man showed up with our cash. After we received our cash, we took off and didn't look back.

I'm sure I'm forgetting small things that happened. Although the place is beautiful, great location and has things to offer, I would say to go get a room somewhere else. If you have problems and ask for a manager, nobody knows who a manager is. It's just ridiculous that nobody could help us. Also, they will try to talk you into Time Shares and harass you with it.

Room Tip: Stay at another property.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank klbdmb
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the issues you experienced and for any inconveniences they may have caused. Your review will be shared with management including housekeeping and maintenance departments to ensure that this doesn't happen again. We appreciate that you brought these issues to our attention as we work diligently to resolve them. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

First off I must say that this was a free 2-night stay for a military promotion and we are VERY appreciative to Westgate for this! We stayed in a 1 bedroom with pull-out sleeper in the living area. There was a small kitchen with full-size fridge and a microwave. The room was very nice and clean. We had a balcony that faced one of the lakes and swimming pool. The walls are thin though and at night we could hear every noise from the guests at the pool. This is the first resort that we have stayed at that charged extra fees for EVERYTHING if you were not a timeshare owner. There was a charge for putt putt, $10/day for wi-fi, they have paddle boats that cost extra. The only thing that was included was the pool and the one we visited near our room was cloudy and dirty (there were tons of hair balls). The employees were not friendly. The location was really close to a lot of food options and less than 10 minutes away from Disney so that was great! I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if it was offered free to the military but I probably would not pay to stay here when Disney has amazing options!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisamorris1
Thank you very much for your review. First, it was our pleasure to extend a free stay to our service men and women. We appreciate your service. For the issues you experienced, please accept our sincerest apologies. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority. Thank you again for your review and we do hope to see you again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Arriving to Westgate I was aware of check in starting at 4pm but I had arrived early so I went to the front desk to see if there was any possibility checking in earlier. I had spoken with a very nice young lady named Leslie Leon, she had advised me that pre-registration starts at 12 or something, so when I asked what it meant and she explained it to me and as a favor checked to see if there was anything ready at that moment. Luckily she found me the 2 bedroom earlier then expected. I thanked her but when I arrived to my room it wasn't what I exactly was hoping for. I went back to the front desk and spoke with Leslie again to see if there was anything we could do about getting the type of room I was expecting like I had been since I became a Westgate owner. She was very patient with me; I knew that I was a pain in the butt to replace another word, but I wanted to be sure I was going to enjoy my vacation. I went to about 3 different rooms until Leslie found me the perfect room right next to a pool! I called her to let her know that I was VERY pleased with my room. If I were her manager I would promote her or something because she wanted to make sure that I was satisfied. And for the rest of my stay I did not have one problem except maybe internet being slow. The amenities as always were great and they even have a water aerobics class 3 times a week. The shuttle to Disney was complimentary and it was great because the times for the shuttle was good. Over all for my next visit I will be sure to look out for Leslie to make sure I get the room I like. I loved this year over all my other stays.

Room Tip: Ask for Leslie!!!! Great Customer Service from such a young looking girl :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lourdes R
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to read that you had great stay and that our staff was accommodating to you and your family. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Westgate town center sucks everyone we encountered that work there spoke very Port English and seem like they was having a bad day everyday not courteous at all nobody done anything to satisfy us they think there a5 star property the property is terrible and very outdate the stuff needs to know what hospitality is a five star property welcomes there guest with respect and kindness and their stuff speak proper English save yourself a bunch of aggravation don't go there

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Rickysteves
Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to read that your overall stay was not satisfactory, and that our staff was not hospitable to your convenience. We are always looking to improve and your feedback is of great help. We hope you give us another chance to exceed your expectations.
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here end of April as a guest of my father who is an owner. My first morning I was greeted with a large roach in the bathroom. It was almost dead so I figured maybe they had just fumigated and this was a straggler. I was freaked out but we left & spent the day at SeaWorld. I inspected the place when we got back and didn't find any. I was washing up for bed & my son calls me in the bedroom because yet another giant roach is crawling up the wall. I called the front desk demanding another room. He said he had to send someone up to "assess the situation". It was already 10:30pm & we were exhausted from the long day at SeaWorld. I asked him what he needed to assess since I flushed the roach already. He told me it would take 45 minutes to send someone. I told him that was insane at that hour & reminded him I had a young child with me. I was pretty pissed & let him know It. He called back a few minutes later & upgraded our room & sent someone with the new keys. So we packed the room & fridge items and moved to an entire new building. I didn't see any more bugs but needless to say I didn't sleep well for the remainder of our stay.

Also, the staff isn't friendly unless they are trying to sell you a timeshare. It's supposed to be your "home away from home" yet you had to pay for computer use. There was no free access to a computer. We had that even at a cheap Howard Johnson's in CA. We only needed to print our boarding passes & had to buy credits to do it in the Business Center.

And the smell of the water coming out of the faucets & shower was awful. We felt dirty after a shower. It smelled & felt like swamp water.

My son did enjoy the pool and it was clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CaribbeanDreamer1
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the issues you experienced and for any inconvenience they may have caused. Your comments will be shared with management to ensure that this doesn't happen again. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we regret that we fell short during your stay. The issues you experienced are very rare and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.