“Great Resort”

Ranked #28 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Panama City, Panama
“Great Resort”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I recently stayed here with my husband and two young children. Having seen some of the reviews I was a little anxious. However we had a fantastic experience. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the rooms were excellent. The only thing that was critically missing from the kitchen was a kettle. The rooms were cleaned daily and we felt it was good value for money. The resort has a lot to offer but they are not good and passing the information to the guest. They desperately need an in room booklet advising on everything the resort has to offer. By the end of our week we realised we had missed out on a lot of services that they provide which was a shame as they offer a lot!

Room Tip: Try to get one of the newer buildings or buildings at the back so you can see the nightly firework s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. Our staff strives to be very courteous and helpful and we are excited you experienced that. As far as the resort amenities and activities go, each day you can contact the activities desk or the operator who would be more than happy to let you know of the things going on for the day or the length of your stay. We also offer a phone blast where you can receive a phone call in the morning or the evening before about the kids and adults activity program for the day. We are delighted that you found your villa to be a great value. Thank you again, and we are looking forward to all of your families future vacations with Westgate.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Gulfport
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I arrived at this resort on May 17th at 5am. I was not greeted with a good morning or even a smile. There was a grumpy old man at the check in counter that only said whats the last name. After telling him my last name he told me that I couldn't check in until 10am. I explained that me & my family had traveled 10 hours and needed to check in to get some rest, he then told me that there where hotels across the street. I was in total shock to hear this. My husband told him the kids where sleep & he would pay for an additional day the man then said it would be $150 just for 5 hours check in ahead of time. The rooms are out dated & they have a roach problem which is probably because you don't get housekeeping daily unless you pay for it. They trick you when they show you the updated model to get you to buy or rent a timeshare there but the room you stay in is equal to the Ramanda across the street. Management was contacted & he showed no concern either just made excuses for things. Read the reviews before you book.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank MissPyt1977
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the issues you experienced and for any inconvenience they may have caused. We have taken note of each one and will pass them on to appropriate members of our staff. Thank you for bringing them to our attention. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we regret that we fell short during your stay. The issues you experienced are very rare and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Love staying in a mini apartment- it custs down on costs by having a kitchen, and packing by having an in room laundry! The pools, games room, mini golf etc are great for down times away from Disney. There are inexpensive restaurants and shopping close by, as well as a grocery store. The resort itself has added a reasonable restaurant, games room, as well as a pizza place and grocery store - all within a walk! The people have always been friendly. I just wish people would watch their own kids in the pool/activities area. No lifeguards are present and allowing kids to run wild in the pools and hottubs leave others uncomfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathi N
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to know that you love staying with us. As you mentioned we have many amenities and activities for the whole family to enjoy. We have also added the Drafts Sports Bar and Grill restaurant and Cordovano Joe’s a pizzeria for our guests to enjoy. We want to make it easy for families to enjoy their stay and be able to make great family memories. Thank you for sharing about your stay, we hope you will visit us again soon.
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed only one night here when enroute to another destination, of which I'm thankful because I'm afraid that this experience would have tainted the entire trip if we'd decided to stay longer. We arrived at 10:45 pm and weren't checked in until midnight. I'd reserved this stay through Expedia three months prior and called Westgate to confirm the reservation and ask a few questions two weeks before the trip. The lobby was nice, but the waiting line truly reminded me of the DMV. We were sixth in line and all five check-in stations were full with people checking in also. The line was very slow-moving (which we thought strange since we didn't feel like anyone would be randomly checking into this resort establishment as they would a hotel) and the people being checked in all seemed very frustrated. After a 30-minute wait we got to the check-in desk, where I discovered why the line was going so slow. They now couldn't find my reservation. The gentleman behind the desk offered pretty much no assistance until, I guess, he realized that we were going to insist on checking in. I showed him my confirmation email and confirmation number. He said that neither was a number they used. I asked if he could call Expedia to resolve the issue and he told me this was my responsibility. I called Expedia, the rep confirmed the reservation to me and him over the phone and said they had re-faxed the info to a number that he gave them (they also got his email address). He still insisted he could do nothing and would have to check on the reservation. He wanted to know what I paid and needed to see proof that I'd been charged. He then disappeared for another 30 minutes, came back out and said they'd found the reservation and needed my credit card to charge me an additional $12 (resort fee) and to put a hold of $50 on in case we did any damages. No apologies or anything. Everyone in our party was very surprised about how we were treated and the employee's response to us. When we finally got checked in, we were sent to another desk to be given directions to our building (this place is huge and has several buildings). They gave us a map and directions, though we weren't able to park in our building's lot because it was full. With everything that had already happened this just added to the disappointment. The room itself was nice and the beds were comfortable. The bathrooms looked nice, but there was NO HOT WATER! I thought this might just be because of the late hour, but we still didn't have any the next morning. I would have complained, but we had all decided that it wasn't worth our time because we wouldn't stay here again and really just wanted to get on with the rest of our vacation. I also wished that I'd read the reviews on trip advisor before making this booking because I saw several that had similar issues.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank dondejuann
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Allow us to apologize for any issues that you experienced during your short stay with us. We understand that your time is valuable and will continue to work with our partners to assist in a smoother check in process. Our goal is to provide you with an experience that exceeds your expectations. We hope that you will visit us again in the future; giving us the opportunity to provide you with a wonderful vacation experience and to show you what Westgate Town Center has to offer.
Sharon Springs
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I will preface this review by letting you know I am a Westgate owner since 1997. I have stayed in or seen all of their Orlando area resorts. The Town Center is the best of their resorts. The Lakes is a close second. If you plan on spending most of your time at Disney, I suggest you choose the Town Center. The Lakes is more conveniently located to the Universal/Sea World parks.

Since I started with the timeshare thing, I will just say a couple of things before I review the resort itself. First, if you have signed up for a Timeshare presentation then you received a very nice discount on the rooms you will be staying in, so try not to whine too much about the fact that you actually have to go to the presentation. I have been an owner for a long time and they still try to get me to do it every year. I will say that they didn't bug me as much this year, and I did not end up going to an "owner update" meeting. I am not sure if that is a change in policy or I just flew under the radar this time, but if its a policy change my hats off to management. We really dread doing it and/or being pestered every day to do it.

Now for my experience with the resort... We almost alway travel with family and have multiple rooms. Every year I put in a request to have the rooms located in the same building and preferably next door to each other. In previous years, they always tell me its not a guarantee, but they will note it in the file. Then I have had to beg for it and/or be willing to wait for my rooms until very late in the day after the check in time of 4:00. This year I was planning for the same hassle. In fact, I left my family on the beach in Daytona and went for an early check in at 1:00, fully prepared for the same full day of check in problems. Well hats off to the resort this time because it was totally different. Our rooms were ready when I arrived and right next door to each other. Nice job Town Center staff! I am not sure whether this is a procedural change, or if I just lucked out this time but it was very nice. I hope this is a permanent change!

We stayed in a 3 bedroom lock off and a 2 bedroom lock off. Our unit was located looking over the pond and the activity center. It wasn't particularly close to any of the pools, which was a little bit of a bummer, but not enough to spoil our vacation. We really didn't mind the walk. I do wish there was bar service at more of the pools. If you went to the pools where there was service, it was packed. It was a nice change of pace though I guess to be at a less hectic pool. Anyway, the grounds are well kept, and there is plenty of parking (much better than the parking situation at the Lakes). The miniature golf is really nice. The on site store is really convenient and well stocked. There is a very nice game room for the kids, and a work out area as well. The Vacation Villas are right next door to the Town Center. When we first became owners we owned and stayed at the Vacation Villas. We toured them last year at our "owner update", and they have been updated and look pretty nice now. I don't think the landscaping is as well taken care of on that side of the resort, but it is pretty cozy over there as well.

The rooms are pretty typical "condo" style set up. There is a master bedroom with a king size bed, a second bedroom with two double beds and a pull out sofa bed. The kitchen is a full size kitchen with dishwasher, stove, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and all of the kitchen utensils you need. The laundry area is in the kitchen. There is a pretty good size dining area, and the living room has a big screen tv. There are tvs in all of the bedrooms. There is also a wet bar in the dining room area. Each room has a full screened in porch area with a table and chairs. Ours overlooked the pond area, and it was a very nice view. There is an area directly behind the check in area that has been under development for the last 3 years. I am not sure what they are going to do with it, but its the only area that doesn't look resort'ish. There is a bathroom in the master suite with a jacuzzi tub and a shower, and the toilet room in the master suite has a bidet. The shower in the master suite is probably my least favorite feature. The shower itself is excellent, but it is not private at all. Basically if you want a private shower in the master suite, you have to close the whole room off. I hope if Westgate ever remodels they will think about somehow privatizing the shower area in the master suite.

On the lock off side, there is a master bedroom with a king size bed and a pull out sofa bed. The lock off has a mini kitchen with a full size refrigerator, microwave, sink, coffee maker etc. The lock off has a full bath with a jacuzzi tub and a shower. If you do not have both sides of the lock off, you will share a breezeway with the neighbors.

One of our units was a 2 bedroom and we had several different neighbors during the week we were there. I think it did create a little problem with the key situation. It seemed like every time we got new neighbors, the keys to our rooms stopped working which is really my only complaint of the vacation. Room keys... This is not just a Westgate thing, but I hope that someone comes up with a key card that won't be affected by your cell phone! I feel like I made daily trips to the front desk to get more keys or to have room keys reactivated. It was annoying, but like I said its not just a Westgate thing.

All in all this was one of our best stays. I hope that Westgate is making some managerial changes that lead to the positive stay we had this time and we will have the same experience from here forward. Nice job this year Westgate...

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Anthony D
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your postive review. We are very happy to hear your stay was enjoyable. We have been looking for ways to improve our resort to better accommodate you and other future guests and we are so pleased that we were successful in making your stay pleasurable. We love to hear you say "this was one of our best stays". As you have been an owner since 1997, we hope we will see you back next year, if not sooner. Thank you again for your feedback.
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I booked our reservation the day prior to arrival. I requested a pool view. We arrived 3-4 hours prior to check in time. The front desk person took my cell phone number and told me they would call us when our unit was ready and that we could use the amenities while we waited. We played putt putt on their very nice on property course, then we played shuffleboard. We were going to get a paddle boat, but due to extreme winds, they wouldn't let the paddle boats go out. We were then given our unit assignment. When we walked in the door of our unit...WOW! All new furnishings, large rooms, smelled extremely fresh and clean and the unit looked like it had never been used. We were on the second floor, overlooking the lake and putt putt course. We had a large, screened balcony. They were very willing to accommodate our every need and make us comfortable. Our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer! They also have a new restaurant with a nice breakfast buffet that is only$5.99 for adults and is hot and delicious, as well as a new grocery/little of everything store. Grocery prices in the store are kind of high, but the souvenirs are very reasonable. I got a nice tshirt for $10! Loved it! I have stayed there many times and have always been happy!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that your accommodations were up to standards and that we were able to address your needs.
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our restaurant and took advantage of our market place souvenir deals!
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We do own a unit purchased about 15 years ago. Our unit is dated but we exchanged into the newest unit at the Town Center. The unit was clean, spacious, and typical timeshareish. We stayed in a 2 bedroom with full kitchen, dining room, 2 living rooms, and balcony.

We have exchanged out to many units outside of Orlando and find that coming back is trying but believe that the location and amenities at Westgate are average at best.

Room Tip: Stay at the newest units at the Town Center. Avoid the old units at the villas. Do not schedule ma...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ynotciti
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you are a returning owner, especially of 15 years! We apologize that your stay was only average. We strive for every guest to have a perfect and enjoyable stay and we regret we couldn't meet your standards for your vacation. However, we love to hear that your 2 bedroom was "clean and spacious".
We hope to see you back next year to give us another chance to exceed your expectations.