“favorite place to relax”

Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Sanger, Texas
“favorite place to relax”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I am an owner at Westgate and have stayed at Town Center several times. We love the resort. Convenient location to Disney and other major attractions. We enjoy just relaxing and spending the day at the resort. Spacious rooms with all of the comforts of home. The only thing that I would like to see change is that I wish owner check-in would be at a different location. When you go into the main lobby it is always extremely noisy and crowded because it is where the also have everyone that is having a tour goes. Avoid making an appointment for an update unless you truly want to make a change. It always takes longer then they promise you. If you know what to expect going into the presentations it's not a problem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank YankeeGirlPSU
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We love to hear feedback from our valued owners. We are pleased your stay went so well. We would like thank you for mentioning our "convenient location" as well as our "spacious rooms with all of the comforts of home". We do have a seperate area in the lobby for our owners to check-in as we want our owners to have ease and convenience in order to get to your room in a timely manner. Thank you, again, for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
PEI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

My sister,BIL, my husband and I just got back from a wonderful vacation at Westgate.This is the second time we have stayed here (first time Vacation Villas and this time the Town Center)and we were very satisfied with both vacations but I think I like the Vacation Villas a little better because you don't have to take the elevator to the 6th floor. Both times we rented from family members who own at Westgate.My husband phoned a few days before our departure to ask if we could possibly have a 2 bedroom unit on the top floor and in building 5800 because we wanted to see the fireworks from Disney.When he arrived,he went to check in with absolutely no problem and was taken to our unit.We got exactly what we asked for Thank you Westgate.It was a little difficult to see the fireworks from the balcony as there was two trees in the way but you could see them clearly from our bedroom window,which we watched every night.We had a lovely two bedroom unit and my BIL and sister had there own bedroom,sitting room bathroom and kitchenette along with our huge bedroom bathroom living room/dining room kitchen which was great because we did a lot of cooking although the stove had seen better days two burners barely worked and the oven didn't get as hot as we needed .We had lots of towels and facecloths and all you had to do is phone housekeeping for more clean ones also lots of soap shampoo dish detergent cloths detergent etc.We had the chance to use one of their very many pools one day because unfortunately for us the weather was crappy cold for 8 of the 10 days but we enjoyed ourselves because we were together.We did eat at the little restaurant can't remember the name had wings and beer and it was good.We were very happy with Westgate and would happily go back.Oh yes, we were never bothered to do a timeshare.

2 Thank Wandalyn
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to first thank you for providing the positive feedback on our property. The Vacation Villas/ Town Center offers 14 pools, movie theater, miniature golf, game room, Marketplace, Pizzeria, and Drafts Sports Bar. At Westgate do make every effort to accommodate the requests of our guests. It was our pleasure to accommodate you in room with a firework view. We are very happy you enjoyed your "lovely two bedroom unit". We look forward to your next visit with us.
Newtown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I have been looking forward to this vacation for quite some time. We went to Florida to watch our daughter during her college softball spring training practice. I was somewhat concerned about staying at the Town Center after reading the reviews on various websites but we decided to stay anyway. We were fortunate enough to miss the dreaded one hour check-in that has been written in so many posts. We should have known we were in trouble when we were shuttled to a gentleman who spoke with a very heavy accent and were signed up for a "tour". Being told that the tour would last 90 minutes, my husband I decided to attend as Wednesday was our free day from softball. Fess, our tour guide, was very informative if what I was there to hear was all about his previous customers and the numerous deals he has made in his tenure at Westgate. The tour, which lasted 3 hours, ended with Fess, arguing with my husband I for not purchasing the timeshare immediately. He brought over the "head sales manager" who spoke to us like we were uneducated people buying a used car. After insisting on speaking with the manager in charge of the facility, we were told that this practice is completely acceptable but Fess would be reported to the sales director.
My husband and I were very disappointed as to the behavior of most of the people employed at Westgate. It did put a damper on our trip for the day and became a topic of conversation for the rest of the vacation.
The accommodations at Westgate were ok. The room had that funny stale hotel smell but other than that it was acceptable. Housekeeping came twice to leave clean towels on the sofa and take the dirty towels from the hooks on the back of the door. We never used the amenities but did see them from the lanai view of the sand volleyball court.
If you are planning to vacation at Westgate I greatly recommend that you avoid the "dog and pony" show about the timeshares and stick with coming and going to your destination.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Robin L
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize the tour was an inconvenience for you and made your stay unpleasant. At Westgate do make every effort to accommodate the requests of our guests. We do offer all of our owners/guest the opportunity to take a tour and for opting to do so, we do offer certain gifts or discounted tickets. Please accept our apology if a member of our staff was less than courteous- this is not our standard. We are pleased you enjoyed your room, otherwise. We hope you can visit us again to get to utilize the facilities and amenities you were not able to use this past trip.

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Miami, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Got this on an Interval International timeshare exchange. As an exchanger they put us in a room that looked absolutely nothing like the I. I. website which was a huge disappointment. Because one of us three ladies own in Westgate she wasn't shy about asking for a more updated room. They moved us from an outdated parking lot view on the second floor with kids running around making tons of noise to a top floor, semi-updated lakeview room. Night and day difference for sure. They really need to get their act together and finish the remodeling in this place cause the website pictures are very very deceiving.

Once we were settled into our new room it was a spacious 2 bedroom lock off with a 1 bedroom complete separate unit to make a full 3 bedroom 3 bath with two kitchens and two living rooms. We had a very nice screened balcony facing the lake and could see the fireworks at Disney off in the distance over the Kissimmee skyline.

The resort itself offers lots of restaurant and entertainment options. We didn't use any of them because we had a car and ventured off property or ate in our nice fully equipped kitchen. The only thing missing in our kitchen was a wine opener. Apparently they don't stock them so you have to call housekeeping and they will bring one up to you. Odd but I guess they have their reasons.

We checked in late in the week because of illness in our group. We weren't asked to attend a timeshare presentation which is odd but we weren't going to buy anyway so big loss in not being asked. Just hasn't happened before when staying in a timeshare.

Parking was convenient and the elevators easily accessible. Our unit was on the top floor in the corner so it was pleasantly quiet and peaceful for our few days here.

There is a charge for internet if you aren't an owner. Since my friend is an owner they comped her internet but she did have to give them her account number in order to get it free.
I just used my phone and tethering instead.

We didn't visit the pools but they looked nice enough.
There is alot of activity at this resort. People coming and going at all hours of the day and night. A little more busy than I like but that's because the place is massive.

The timeshare sales center is very busy too. Come prepared for a high pressure sales pitch. My friends did the sales presentation last time we were here and the agent insulted them and called them idiots when they decided not to buy. Now isn't that the way to convince people? NOT!

It's a shame their sales tactics are so sketchy cause this place otherwise is halfway decent as a vacation option in Orlando.
IMO there are others that are definitely nicer in the area but this one makes for a good option when the others are not available.
The resort staff are very nice though. Housekeeping was efficient and friendly, the bell staff also helpful with their golf carts and friendly orientation to the property. Maintenance comes quickly to fix any pending issues. We had a dishwasher overflow and they fixed it quickly.

Would I go back? Yes I would if my other favorite options were not available. Since this was President's day week we were lucky to find a 3 bedroom for exchange in Interval Int'l.
I was satisfied with our stay.

If you go, make sure they put you in an updated room.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for an updated room like the website shows.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for this informative review! We certainly appreciate your feedback and we like getting suggetions from our guests. We are pleased to hear we were able to accommodate your requests and you were able to enjoy your stay with us. We are working on renovating all of our units and we continue to expand our activities and amenities on property. We look forward to your future visits!
Hudson, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was our 3rd trip to Westgate Town Center. The first 2 times we had gone the timeshare route, but after the second, they ban you from doing it again if you don't buy. We arrived at the check-in and it was about a 20 minute wait. We had reserved a 2BR, but when we got to our room, it had bunkbeds and no balcony. The prior 2 stays we had 2 BR with jacuzzi and balcony. When I went back to the check-in desk to ask for a better room, they upgraded us at no charge. The room (5225b) was gorgeous and clean. Definitely updated since our last trip here 4 years ago. We only had booked for one night and planned to go to another resort for the next 3 nights. That other resort was a nightmare and was a dump compared to Westgate. I called Westgate immediately to see if we could get our room back. She reserved a room and told us to ask when we got there for the same room. We arrived back and the desk clerk said the room had been assigned to someone else that was arriving that day, but she was super-nice and changed them to a different room and gave us the same room back for the next 3 nights. We ordered the pizza from their onsite pizza place and it was excellent. My daughter and her boyfriend went to the pub and the service was awful but the food was good. The resort is great overall and would go back in a heartbeat!!

1 Thank sundarlin9
Thank you for your feedback and your repeated visits ! We are happy to hear you "loved it again"...

We are pleased to hear our agent was able to accommodate you when you came back to extend your stay with us.

We look forward to your future visits!
Perry Hall, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

The only thing that I liked about this venue, though outdated, was the very spacious accommodation/suite. I know that they have more updated rooms in the property because of the tour we had for their timeshare presentation (which took too long by the way), but other than that, the place was too busy for me. It was like every time you go down to their main lobby in the day time, the place was like a busy market or feels that you are in a mall during Saturdays. It was not relaxing at all. The staff were alright except for that saleswoman, who first faced us when we were having the timeshare presentation. She was nasty and very rude. Luckily, a second salesman approached us and was very nice and was even apologetic enough in behalf of his co-worker. The 13 pools that they were bragging about are in reality 13 standard sized pools scattered around their super huge property that were for me not well maintained. Too many people swimming for the size of the pools. Probably to other people it was a grand stay but for me and my family it was not the case.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dtkelrond
We are sorry to hear our resort was not to you likings. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had during the sales presentation. We are a very large property and it looks like you stayed with us during our spring break season when the property is full to capacity. We truly hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Shelby Twp, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Westgate property and after reading many reviews, I was prepared for the long check in. When we were finally helped (after 1 hr), the people behind the desk were very helpful and moved as fast as they could. The property was huge and seemed to be well kept. Our room was a little dated but I've read that there are more modern rooms we could have asked for. The pools were very basic, nothing special. Pool 13 was advertised as having lots of things going on, but the music was so low, we could barely hear it. Also advertised with a waitstaff, but never had anyone waiting on us. The sports bar was also very basic with a limited menu. The food in the counter in the Bistro looked good, but had very odd hours so we never got to eat there. Overall a nice place, but I wouldn't stay there again.

4 Thank Shakgirl28
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad our front desk was "very helpful" and you found our property to be "well kept". We are sorry to hear we were not able to exceed your expectations and we truly hope you give us another opportunity.