1,582 results
All reviews water park shipwreck island swan boats mini golf movie theater westgate owners ice cream shop full kitchen bedroom deluxe washer and dryer disney parks checking in westgate vacation villas jacuzzi tub family vacation spring break fitness center
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was traveling with a friend for the holidays. Our two weeks at another Kissimmee resort were about to end and we made reservations at the Westgate Blue Tree Resort. Having never been there, I wanted to go check it out. We were unimpressed. I'd heard about Westgate Town Center and on our way back to our home resort, we were about to drive past it. I suggested we pop in and take a look. We made our way to the Town Hall and I was really impressed. I was sure I could judge the rooms by the lobby, so my friend and I booked a couple of rooms. Boy was I wrong.

First, whose bright idea was it to design the rooms so that the bedroom window faced the parking lot (like a motel) and also shared a wall with the hallway? I heard the neighbors every single time they came and went. I left a note finally asking them to not slam the doors. They were nice enough to comply. Unfortunately, they had two beagles (despite the rule of one pet per room) whose barking pierced the thin walls, one day at 7:20 in the morning. And as for the outside facing window, the parking lot noise wasn't a problem at all--it was the housekeeping and maintenance staff. My room was in the corner which is where they liked to gather, talk and laugh--loudly. They do not have inside voices. Didn't matter the time of day. One morning, someone was playing music. I know we're in mouse-land, but not everyone is up and out by 8am. I called the housekeeping office and asked them to remind their staff to not congregate outside unit windows, but that proved useless. I ended up sticking my head in the window and telling them to hush up. They don't have radios, so they also like to yell from floor to floor. I was half-tempted to put a sign in my bedroom window saying "Silencio pro favor!" I just walked next door and asked them to quiet down. There's a group of 4 sitting around the kitchen table chatting away. I left and they closed the door. Unbelievable. They are completely oblivious to the guests. They're not any quieter with the slamming doors either.

Second, the "exquisitely decorated" villa. Villa? More like exquisitely dated. And I don't know why they have leather sofas. Fortunately, they provide an extra blanket, so I draped it on the sofa. Did not care for the green metal coffee and side tables. Old TVs, no modern flat screens. Seriously, who decorated this place. Not all of the rooms look like what you see on their Web site, so buyer beware.

Third, the "fully equipped" kitchen. Not! It's more like a kitchenette. There was no oven, no garbage disposal and there was only one 1/2 drawer which was too small for the silverware tray. As a result, they kept it in a cabinet. Really? Mismatched wine glasses. Clear glass dishes in the old leaf-like pattern. No mixing bowls. The dishwasher was one of those half-sized ones and the top rack was broken. But it worked. We wanted a full kitchen in at least one room so we could save money on food, but it was such a poor excuse for a kitchen, we weren't motivated to do anything beyond re-heating leftovers in the microwave. And the studio my friend reserved was even less equipped (same decor). That was expected, though, since it was a studio. Ugliest kitchen cabinets I've ever seen. Worse than contractor grade. Maybe I'm a little too picky, but even Red Roof Inn has nicer decor and flat-screen TVs.

Fourth, the bathroom. Zero under sink storage space. Exhaust fan was useless. Wall-to-wall mirrors. How 70s is that? Appreciated the extra towels. I didn't need housekeeping all week.

Fifth, the bedroom. My main problem was the window and shared hallway wall which I discussed above. Here, too, dated decor. The wall behind the headboard was completely mirrored from one night stand to the other.

Sixth, the timeshare presentation. We agreed to attend in exchange for a low room rate. We were lucky to be able to do it together with one salesman. It was supposed to take 90 minutes, but the sales guy would not take no for an answer. It lasted 3 hours. He was a nice enough guy, but by the end, I stood up and said enough and we left. Good breakfast buffet, though not sufficient for those who have food allergies. My friend is dairy allergic and couldn't partake in most of the good stuff. Oh, and wear a face mask if you do the tour. The golf carts are not electric and you end up breathing in disgusting exhaust fumes.

The best thing about the room was the screened-in porch. Never used it, but it was nice and I liked the view. I traveled with a dog, so I had to stay on the first floor. Did not enjoy having people walk by, but there were bushes between the patio and walkway, so no one ever got close or looked in as they were walking by.

Other…Heating/cooling system frustrating. They need modern thermostats. Not sure if this is a villa or just a room. The only one-bedrooms they list on their Web site are villas. If that's the case, then where is my washer and dryer? Amenities close at 10pm. Not cool. Kids pulling fire alarms. Not sure if security ever figured out who. Refused to pay for wifi. We drove to Barnes and Noble or tethered our iPhones instead. The Web site doesn't tell you you have to pay for it. Misleading. Cable sucked. Limited channels. We had HGTV one day and then it disappeared. Wondering if it was channel 28 because whenever we turn to it, TV says it's not part of programming. Didn't understand the repeated broadcasts of shows on network TV. Did ABC really play the country Christmas special like 4 times? I'm wondering if the cable here is broadcast from some internal master control facility, like what you find on a cruise ship.

Overall, this place feels like a converted motel. It was decent enough for a week (and even that was too long), but we will never stay here again. Check-in wasn't too bad. Had to visit two different desks since I had a dog with me. My friend's welcome package was not identical to mine, but the woman at the second check-in counter was nice enough to rectify that. I love that everyone says "my pleasure" when you ask them for something or say thank you. I'm glad to be leaving, though. We lived out of our suitcases all week because this just didn't feel as homey as our last resort. We didn't want to settle in.

Room tip: Avoid anything that has a bedroom window facing the street side or a wall shared with the hallway if you can.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank stef2dotoh
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Guest satisfaction is our main concern, and we are sorry that we failed you during your stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced. We have taken note of each one of the issues that you mentioned and will address them directly with resort management and their key personnel. We view all feedback as an opportunity for improvement and thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future, as we look forward to meeting and exceeding your vacation expectations.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

As aways our stay at Westgate resorts has been good. A good place to unwind and reflect on the past year with family and enjoy the Holidays. We stayed in the newest building(4000). Full kitchen,nice big bedroom with 42" flat screen, Jacuzzi,nice shower, Washer dryer, big screened in balcony with table

4  Thank kgwjr

Thank you very much for your review and for staying with us once again. We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed the holidays during your stay here. Our grand one-bedrooms are very spacious and can sleep up to a family of four. It does include, as you mentioned, a large bedroom that includes a full size jacuzzi in the bathroom, a full size kitchen and screened in balcony, along with plenty of living space. We hope you can visit again in the future as we always welcome you and your family. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I am a longtime westgate property owner and I must say that Grace Rodriguez, Jessica Ortiz and Miriam Dominguez displayed the best in class attitude in caring for their customer. Each of them went the extra mile in getting us checked into a room that felt most relaxing for me and my husband. Their smiles, willingness and speech gave me the ipression that my choosing Westgate was appreciated and welcomed. My stay was great! Bravo Ladies!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your compliment on our front desk agents. Here at Town Center, we strive for nothing shy of perfect customer service and it was our pleasure to assist you and your family. We will make sure that the front desk management gives recognition to these agents. Again, we thank you for your feedback and we hope you can visit again in the future as we will always welcome you your Westgate home.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We were there on a 4 day 3 night $99 stay, even though we are owners. We were placed in a unit that was not good at first. We called the desk and we were assisted to another unit by a young man, Manolo Nunez, who took very good care of us and saw to it that we received the best unit possible. We stayed in a suite with a full kitchen, washer and dryer and a jacuzzi tub in the very large bedroom.
We were there to relax and we did just that. Everyone was very helpful and polite. There was no need to leave the resort while we were there.

Room tip: Let them know if you do not want the first floor. Some units have patios facing the parking lot.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We are extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay. Here at Westgate Town Center, we strive for nothing less than perfect customer service and it was our pleasure to accommodate you and your family with a room that met, and hopefully exceeded, your expectations. All of our bell services staff wants to affirm that you and your family feel at home and we appreciate you complimenting one of those agents. Thank you again for your review we look forward to being able to assisting you again during your next visit.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here from Thanksgiving until the following Thursday, it was fantastic. We had a kitchen, our own room, laundry, etc... and the best thing is that the property is less than 15 minutes from all the parks! We were not bothered at all by sales people and had a great time at the pool the one day we were there with our bartender Eddie, he rocked. The bad thing was that the clouds forced us to leave the pool:( The take out places that they leave in the room all were terrific, would for sure go back!

Room tip: The whole place is great, it's huge so it doesn't matter where you stay.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you very much for your positive review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We will be sure to let the manager in charge of the poolside bar know of your server's, Eddie, excellence. Hopefully the next time you visit Florida will provide better weather for you. We thank you again for feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.