“Pleasant Surprise”

Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had a great experience at Westgate Town Center. My wife booked this through Westgate in order to get a discount on the room and Disney tickets. We were aware we would have to set through a timeshare presentation. I read lots of reviews after we booked and became a little worried. I read that check-in took on average an hour for most reviews, timeshare presantation took several hours instead of 90 minutes, hidden fees and that service was terrible if you declined to purchase a timeshare. Those reviews were enough to make anyone think they had made a mistake.

We had a great experience the entire stay. We were there for 4 days and 3 nights. We were told when we booked that we would have to pay $249.00 for the 3 nights and for two single day base tickets to Disney. We were also told that we would have to pay tax when we arrived and put up a $50.00 deposit that would be refunded at departure. When we arrived to check-in it was just as they said. We paid $13.00 in tax and a $50 hold was placed on our credit card. We were given our Disney tickets, room keys and resort map. They told us to call the welcome center later to comfirm our presantation time. The entire check-in process took less than 15 minutes.

We stayed in a studio apartment in building 5500. It had a separate bedroom with flat panel tv, a large jacuzzi tub, a small kitchen and living room witb another flat panel tv and a screened in balcony with a view of Disney World. By the way this resort is about a mile from the main gate to Disney. The room was very cleaned and sticked with everything you would expect. The room was cleaned and new towels, soap, shampoo, etc was provided everyday.

We went to Disney the next morning and stayed until around 10:30 that night.

The next morning we slept in. We woke and went to the wlcome center at 10:30am for the free breakfast ans timeshare presentation. I will admit that the presantation tool longer than 90 minutes but that was mainly my fault because we we interested and ask several questions. We actually offered to purchase if they would come down to the price I wanted for the type room I wanted. They told me they could not give me what I wanted for that price but had something smaller with less time. I said no thanks and they shook my hand and said thanks for our time and they hoped we enjoyed they rest of our stay.

I figured at this point service would turn terrible per the previous reviews and that we wiuld never get our $50 deposit back. This was certainly not the case. We were able to spend the rest of the day enjoying the ammenities at the resort. When we returned to our room it was clean and restocked just a previous days.

The next day we went to check-out and make sure the $50 hold on our card was released. This took less than 5 minutes and the $50 hold was released.

As stated in the title we were Pleasantly Surprised. We wer able to enjoy 3 nights in a nice room and get 2 Disney tickets for a total of about $262.00. Disney tickets for one day through Disney are $88 each plus tax. So that would have cost us around $185 for two. That means we only had to spend $77 for 3 nights at this resort. That seems like a pretty good deal to me since that is less than $26 per night.

Overall we enjoyed everything and all was as explained during the booking process. If you have time to go to a timeshare presantation than this is a great deal. Like I said the presantation took longer because I ask a lot questions and had them show me every room type plus the villas. I could have said no and left at any point after the 90 minutes as they said.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Rdfrix
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We try to accommodate every guest with a room that will best fit for their needs, and we are glad that you enjoyed your one-bedroom that included flat screen TVs, a jacuzzi, and balcony. Our staff is there to provide you with nothing less than extraordinary service. We hope that you enjoyed so much that you will come back and make Westgate Town Center your home away from home.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I think it is OK if you can get a good deal and are stopping in Kissimmee but as far as investing in a timeshare goes you can do much better! Check out your other options. We have a Marriott timeshare that we transferred here and it was disappointing when compared to what we usually get. It was dated, poorly decorated (Dollar Tree fake flowers everywhere in room was just tacky), old worn appliances. I know they have updated rooms but you will always be taking a chance of which you will be getting. More conveniences than a good Super 8 Motel but kind of in that family. We didn't think it was bad but we didn't think it was good either. Just ehhh.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank goosecreeksjb

Thank you for your review. We apologize that your stay with us was not up to your standards. We assure you that our buildings do under go periodic renovations and we are always working on updates to meet our owners and guests needs. The Westgate Town Center is one of the most convenient resorts in Central Florida as we are just minutes away from the attractions, we are surrounded by many restaurants and shops, and if you decide not to leave property we have many fun activities on site for the whole family to enjoy as well as five restaurants of our own. We are glad that you were still able to enjoy your stay and will consider Westgate Resorts again in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We just completed our annual stay. We did a two week stint this time in a one bedroom condo. Check in went relatively well. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. At first she was going to put us in a B unit then move us to an A unit unless we wanted to pay $40 a night to stay in the A unit for the first week. After informing her that we have never had to move or pay to stay in an A unit she left the desk for a while and came to inform us that indeed we never have and she found us a unit we could stay in without moving or paying extra. We were very appreciative. It’s not like they are at 100% occupancy and didn’t have the space and why have housekeeping clean two units instead of just one?

The grounds and facilities are very nice and all the staff we dealt with during our stay were friendly, courteous, and professional. We loved the bartender at pool #13. Well, except the sales staff. Even though we keep saying no we keep getting roped in to the sales pitch, under the guise of updating us on changes but is really pressure us to buy the other half of our deed. All is rosy until you say no then they cop an attitude and send in reinforcements. No never means no to them. We just want to enjoy our vacation. The owner breakfast isn’t all that good anyway. As owners, in the future we will flat out refuse their “owner breakfast to review changes”.

The rooms in Town Center have such thin walls it is pathetic. We had the loud family next to us for week two. We heard every phone conversation, all the arguments, and kids getting yelled at. Not to mention all the bodily function noises. We asked them on two occasions to keep the noise level down due to the lack of sound proofing between units. No change. We called the help desk, was transferred to security, who transferred us to the front desk, who transferred us back to security, who transferred us back to the front desk. We spoke to a supervisor. They were all impotent. The resolution was to either add a fee to the neighbors’ bill or move us! Really?

I will say though that when you call for housekeeping needs they are Johnny on the spot with what you need.

Some other changes Westgate Town Center needs to make, besides better sound barriers, is to have designated areas for smokers at the pools. It never fails, you get settled in by the pool and smokers sit down next to you and start chain smoking. Nor do they ask if you mind. It would also be nice if Westgate had recycle bins for at least plastic bottles and cans. And since I am dreaming, how about a floor or two for couples without children!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bearpawqs

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is very important to us as we are always looking in ways in which to improve. We have taken note of your suggestions and will share them with the appropriate departments. We are glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us and that the staff was able to assist you with all your needs. As an owner you are welcome to participate in our timeshare presentations and updates; your participation is voluntary. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the resort due to our sales team. These representatives are there to ensure your outmost satisfaction and to assure you of the investment you made. We thank you again for your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We just stayed a week as owners of another Westgate property. We love having a timeshare with Westgate, however, speaking specifically about this property I was a little less than impressed. We were able to check in early and there was no one in line. It was very quick. We were escorted by Donald to our room, he was very friendly and helpful. Our room was nice and the only complaint was the bed. It was horrible. I had back aches every day after waking up. Need definately to replace the mattresses. It was quiet most of our stay, however, you could tell the walls were thin and there were times you could hear others. This was a remodeled building and I was a little unimpressed that with a remodel, the appliances are still bisque white. A little disapointed that during our midweek housecleaning, we just received some towels, (not any pool towels) and no cleaning. We love the convenience of this not being just a hotel room. Makes a week stay so much easier. We ordered pizza from their onsite pizza place, and I cannot remember the name but it was the best pizza we have ever had. Of course we signed up for the presentation and are very familiar with giving the $20 to reserve our breakfast. We attended and assumed it would be like our other experiences, pleasant to talk with a representative, politely decline anything additional and feel welcomed that we are owners. This was cut throat. I found myself getting extremely angry that no didn't mean no. Come on, I am already an owner. I found myself lying to the rep just to get her off our back. This is not how you build additional ownership people. I have referred people to Westgate before but will not expose others to these slimy business tactics again. All our previous stays at Westgate Flamingo Bay have been great, no pressure. This was just uncalled for. I hope all the Orlando Westgates do not treat their guests or owners like this. People buck up before you stay here and practice the word NO! Had this not occurred, our rating for this property would have been much higher. The pools were nice, however, I had the illusion that because it had 14 pools, there was something magical about this place. There is not, it only has 14 because it is so huge, and each building essentially has their own pool. Nothing special about them, except the one that has the bar is nice. With our gift from attending the breakfast, we received a $20 gift to go to the new restaurant "Drafts." Great restaurant, there was only one other couple in their however. Need to figure out a way to generate more business there because the food was amazing! Burgers, Mac and Cheese and the chocolate milk were killer. Well, we will most likely be back since we are owners, but will try out a different Westgate that may appear through the reviews to not use slimy business tactics.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Kris J

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced at the resort. As an owner you know that you may expect nothing but exemplary customer service at any of our resorts and from any of our staff members. We are pleased that you enjoyed the resort accommodations and restaurants. Participation on our timeshare presentations is voluntary and we hope somewhat informative about the offerings at our resorts. For your participation you do receive incentives and we are glad to know you were able to take advantage of the discount provided at our Drafts restaurant. We certainly look forward to helping you and your family make many more vacation memories and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We went to the Town Center for a long weekend. This is our second time there. As owners, we expect a certain level of service and were not disappointed, even though the minor problems that we had were not completely resolved.
Rooms for ourselves and our guests were spotless; the owner's BBQ was delightful, and the owner's update was relatively painless, as they gave us some new information about our timeshare. We have found the Westgate Town Center villas to be some of the nicest in which we have stayed. The onsite activities are fun and our guests (kids and grandkids) had a great time. We like the amenities- studio had a brand new LGwasher/dryer combo which the kids were so grateful for, and everything was clean. Even though we had a couple of issues, the service personnel were right on the money and a phone call brought someone to our door. I'm sorry t hat some others had poor service. I don't think there's an old section in the Town Center, but there certainly is one at Westgate Lakes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank wallybob
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We apologize that there were any issues at all during your stay. We are glad though that our staff was able to work with you to help resolve them. We are so happy that you and your guest were able to enjoy all the in room and resort amenities. We are thrilled to know that you continue to come back and enjoy your rooms as well as the entire resort, Thank you again for your feedback and for giving us the opportunity to make your vacation a memorable experience.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed during spring break. The reSort is huge and they took us to our room on a golf cart. We had a deluxe two bedroom. It was nice to have a market there to buy some food items. I just wish they sold meats too so we wouldn't have to go to a grocery. We did on site activities like bike riding, paddle boats and made thing in activity center. We are owners so they were free. We only went to one park. My son went to kids club at $7 an hour which was great. It was a wonderful trip!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Frankenberi

Thank you for your review we are so glad that you had a wonderful trip and stay. It is great to know that as an owner you and your family were able to take full advantage of the many onsite amenities. We do have an onsite market place to help owners and guests supply themselves with grocery items they might need, Thank you again for your review we look forward to helping you and your family in making special vacation memories for years to come.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Website showed the new rooms, once we checked in we were set up in the older part of the resort. We then asked for a change to the newer part of resort and once again were put into the older part but a supposedly renovated section. I then showed them the pictures on the website and that i expected to be in one of those rooms, especially since we are owners. I was told since we were not owners at that westgate they wouldn't do anything for us when i reminded them that we have been owners for over 10 years and we have had it paid off for 8 years, everyone looked stunned but still didn't care we were probably in the top 10% of owners, which agian didn't matter. During ck in we were shuffled off to a person that was giving us info about the resort and then tried to set us up for the time share presentation. We told him did not want to do it, but he insisted no one would try to sell us, and we would be given a great breakfast. Once we reluctantly agreed the free breakfast required a $20 dep, refunded after we showed up and met with a rep. Was not happy about it but was assured it was not a sales presentation. Once we got there it was an obvious lie. As we got started i received a call from my father and was told my brother had a massive stroke and was in the icu. When i came back and told them i needed to end the presentation and told my kids about their uncle i was given a hard time and had to talk to 3 people to explain why i could not continue, and i would have to stand in another line to get my $20 back from the free breakfast. What a crock! Oh and i killed 8 roaches in our room. After i killed 1 we called maintenance, apparently they didnt send a exterminator cause i killed 7 more. Again when we brought this forward no one cared. Typical timeshare, once they have your money, they want more however dont care how your taken care of

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank lee m

Thank you for your feedback. We deeply apologize for the issues that you experienced at the resort. Guest satisfaction is very important to us. As an owner you should know that we always want to meet and exceed your expectations, and we are sorry that we failed you. The sales representatives are there to ensure your satisfaction and to assure you of the investment you have made. Your participation in the updates is voluntary, and is meant to provide you with valuable information concerning our newest features and updates to the units and overall property. Certainly we do treat the units routinely for pest. We again apologize for these issues and thank you for bringing them up to our attention. We will always look forward to helping you and your family with a vacation that goes beyond your expectations we hope to see you soon.