“great place”

Ranked #30 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
highland lakes NJ
“great place”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I was very skeptical of this place because of the reviews I have read. But, we went and hoped for the best. It was a wonderful place so much to do movie theater, lots of amenitys, game room. Most important of all the rooms were very clean the pool area was clean.They provide transportation to most of the parks. We declined the tour and no one was angry or gave us a hard time. I would definetly recomend this place it was a vacation to remember!

Room Tip: We stayed in the new part the 5000.
1 Thank Michelle S
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 23, 2015
Thank you so much for your feedback. It is awesome you got to experience the Disney Movie Theater that we have on site. It is fantastic to know you enjoyed your unit. We hope to see you soon!
Ariel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We are owners and we bought last year so this was our vacation time. We spent it with 2 others and had the time of our lives. The staff was friendly everywhere you went they went beyond expectations and really looked after us well with no complaints..

Room Tip: Ask for building 6100 they are beautiful and make sure you get a 2 bedroom or a 1 bedroom instead of...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bridget791
Thank you so much for your feedback. It is so wonderful to know that we exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. We’re glad you chose us and hope you will visit again.

Largo, Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I booked through hotwire.com needing a decent place to stay for an overnight trip to Old Town with my husband and 4 month old. I booked blind - which actually turned out great! I got a fantastic deal on the room and got much more than I had anticipated when it came to the hotel itself. Yes, it's a timeshare property, but they seem to be doing quite well as the mention of a timeshare presentation didn't even come up ONCE in the entire encounter with the staff. The facilities were gorgeous, as was our room. I wasn't sure what to expect room-wise as of course I booked blind, and I had been expecting the 'suite' room that's listed on their site. We didn't get that (there was only one main room and a bathroom instead of a bedroom & then sitting area as described in the suite description), but there was MORE than enough room for us and our daughter. They supplied a pack & play and a highchair as well, which was definitely a great thing since we didn't have to take it with us for just an overnight trip.

The staff were very courteous and friendly. Never once did we feel pressured to do anything. The check-in staff gave us the option of two different rooms - one with two full beds and one with a king that was just a little smaller. We took the king, and then they asked which floor we preferred. They got us a top floor so we didn't have to worry about people stomping around and waking the baby! So nice!

Once we were checked in, they directed us to the bell stand where Angel took us to our room - which was great because the place was fairly expansive and a bit hard to tell from just a room number where you were. He showed us our room and explained our amenities, making sure the go-through door was locked for us and everything.

The room itself was by far one of the best I've ever stayed in, especially for that price. A king bed with a down comforter (and an extra blanked, which was lucky since I'm allergic to down as much as I love it) with about 6 pillows. A large flat-screen tv on the wall with a dvd player, an in-room safe, a kitchenette (sink, fully stocked cabinets with dishes and silverware, convection oven/microwave combo, dishwasher and a small fridge), and one of the largest bathrooms I've ever seen in a hotel at that price point! I'd been hoping for a tub, but the shower was spacious and had a rain-shower included!

My ONLY gripe was the lack of vending/ice machines on the floors. If they were there, I couldn't find them. I also couldn't get connected to the wifi, but that would have been fixed easily had I cared enough to call. We were only there one night so it didn't matter. They also charge an $11.95 resort fee, which given the amenities on site that it gives you access to, it's worth it for a longer stay. For one night, not as much, but it was required and we didn't make a fuss.

I will definitely be staying here again, and hopefully for longer next time! Great location for a Disney trip or ANY Orlando get-away!

Room Tip: Top floors have really tall ceilings and absolutely no noise! Make sure you ask about different room...
4 Thank andiiscandiis
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. It is wonderful to know you were so pleased with our resort. We have made even more improvements since you have stayed last and welcome you back!

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Recently booked it thru hotwire.com. I didn't know what to expect since I've never heard of it and it had mixed reviews. The property is very close to Walt Disney World, has restaurants and supermarkets very close by. The room was a bit small, we had a studio with a kitchenette that was good to make breakfast in the morning before heading to the parks. Bed was comfortable. Check-in was quick and the staff was friendly. Wifi was included. The thing that we didn't like was that the room wasn't cleaned during our stay. We stayed for 4 nights and the day that we're leaving, we were woken up by the cleaning lady at 8 AM. Also the walls are very thin and you can hear the guests on the rooms next to you. If you're looking a place to spend the night near the parks, that's comfortable and at a good price, it's ok, but be prepared to make your bed and take out the trash.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank megs22
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location and comfortable beds. As a timeshare resort our housekeeping schedule does run a little differently however there is no excuse for the delays you experienced. Our housekeeping staff will be more than happy to accommodate your needs if requested. Thank you for choosing Westgate and we hope to see you soon!
New Port Richey
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I live about 80 miles from the Orlando area so my husband and I take many..many weekend trips to the Disney area. I've stayed just about everywhere. My friends and I try this one out. Knowing Westgate and being held hostage in their sales pitch I should have known better to stay here. You get "Florida rates" just to sucker you in. You have to go to several desks at check in which when crowded can take several hours. Yes, I said hours. They try and sucker you in to their 90 minute resort tour and you get complimentary Buffett breakfast. Do Not Do this. It's where they trap their prey!! It will turn in to hours of them trying to sell you on a timeshare. I didn't do it, because I know their game, being an expert Orlando Traveler and being previously sucked into it. The game room is ok, but the Ice Cream place is so far away that you should drive to it. The deli and sports bar are not impressive at all. I wouldn't even call it a sports bar. They sell drinks at a bar and they have a tv you can watch. I was put in a handicapped room. My husband and I are not handicapped. The shower was so small bc of the fold out seat. The beds were comfortable though. Checking out you have to put all your sheets and towels by the front door & take your trash to the trash closet. Oh did I mention you have to pay $9.95 a day plus a .70 sales, and .60 Resort tax for "Resort Fees" They will lie and said its for your Ammenity Card. I hope my review will help some travelers that don't know any better stay away. Look somewhere else. This place really isn't worth all the hassle and harassment you will get. Trust me..you'll find out if you chose to stay here.

Room Tip: My tip is to not stay here! You'll find a much better place
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank Mandy J
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are a timeshare resort and we allow our guests’ and owners to participate in a sales presentation. Participating is purely voluntary and in return of their time, we give incentives and gifts. Please know since we are a big property it may take some time to go through renovations and updates. Our maintenance is working diligently on the upgrades of our property through a renovating schedule. We hope you allow us with the opportunity to exceed you expectations in the future.
Idalise

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

the mitten
Reviewed April 21, 2012

After reading many reviews, some things were spot on....some were not. I was worried abt sales pressure, bugs, poor service, etc...whatever people have commented/complained abt.
We exchanged thru II for a spring break week.
We checked in on a Friday (May 30, 2012) leaving on Good Friday. Arrived at 3pm and check in was about 30 minutes...after we checked in, ushered to another counter and was asked if we wanted to sign up for a 90 min presentation. ABSOLUTELY NO PRESSUE AT ALL. The girl was very polite when we said no thank you. THAT WAS THE END OF IT...no phone calls, no pressure, like I read. I honestly think those reviews are from people who somehow got a deal and had the presentation as part of their package...well, you dont get something for free - you agreed to the presentation, full well knowing it was a sales pitch.
Check out was a bit worse - we decided to check out on Thurs night, cuz we planned to leave very early Fri morning. Two guys behind the counter, about 4 families in line and it took almost an hour to finally get our chance. They should have called for help. Also walked away with our invoice - noticing it was someone else's - the guy must have entered the wrong room number. Got that sorted out and shook our heads as we left. Not the best impression upon leaving.

We stayed in the 5600 building..it was near two different pools - Definately recommend pool #13 - and plan to reserve ur chair/table early in the morning (9am ish) cuz if you go later, all the chairs/tables are filled up. We stayed in what Interval listed as a 1 bedroom with LK (Limited kitchen) = translates to Studio.The pictures of the studio on Westgate's website are accurate of what our room looked like. It was a lock off, attached to a 2 bedroom. When we arrived, the lock off door was not locked. Got a glance at the 2 bedroom - it was very nice and we were envious. Called the front desk to ask to upgrade, could not since it was a holiday week and the resort was full and requested they come and lock the door. Someone was there within 10 minutes to do so. The room was decorated a bit dated, but it had granite counters in the kitchen and bathroom. Dishes/silverware/glasses/cups/dish soap/extra paper towel/tissue/t paper were provided, so we didnt have to buy any for the week. Room service showed up on Tuesday with fresh towels and to replace garbage bags/paper towel/tp etc. Would have liked a broom to sweep the floors. Nice screened in balcony = no bugs. Loved hearing the water fountain in the little man-made lake behind our building. No issues with parking.
We ate off site every night - plenty of restaurants to choose from. Grounds were nice and clean.
The location is one of the best things abt Westgate. 5 minute drive to Disney. About a 40 min drive to Cocoa beach/Kennedy space center. We didnt go to Universal or any of the other parks, but those were close by also.
Definately a family friendly resort - so close to Disney and many restaurants.

Room Tip: Pools are noisy (as they should be with kids having fun splashing around) so if you're near one...
4 Thank from_the_mitten12
Thank you for your review! It is wonderful to know you enjoyed your time with us and that you would visit again. We hope to see you soon.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 20, 2012

First off, like so many others, I was concerned about booking this time share property after reading the many reviews on Trip Advisor. We exchanged through the Interval International network for the spring break week and were prepared for 1) big crowds, 2) a time share pitch and 3) a so-so experience. This actually turned out great for us. The resort is HUGE and great for families who are going to the theme parks. Our daughter was playing softball at the ESPN Wide World of Sports and the resort is perfectly situated for that. On entering the main check-in area, we were pleasantly directed to the registration counter and everyone was very nice. We did not wait in line at all (approximately 1:00 pm on a Sunday) and it took only about 10 minutes to get our keys and be handed off to a very nice time share associate. This was very low key and when we said that we would not be available for the presentation breakfast, we were sent on our way to building 4000 (which is newer and close to the main reception area). There appears to be some construction planned for in front of the unit we stayed in, but that did not impact us at all. When you are at the parks, swimming or at sporting events all day, this is not really important. If we wanted a view, we would have selected another vacation destination or property. Our unit was a huge one bedroom (I assume a deluxe) with a full kitchen, laundry facilities in the unit and a large lanai. The flat screen TVs, jacuzzi, separate shower/bathroom and furnishings were very nice. It would have been great to have an extra toilet in this unit (it is obviously a lock-off), but that was our only complaint. We did not have any door bell ringing, but the walls are a bit thin and we heard our neighbors in the morning. As with most condo/time share properties, room cleaning happens once a week. We actually like this for privacy. If you book this property thinking it is a romantic hotel-type resort, you will be disappointed. If you are a seasoned time share exchanger, you may be very pleased (as we were). In addition, if you need transport to the airport, Caesar's is very good - affordable, convenient and courteous. Shuttles to Disney are limited, so a vehicle (especially with the large size of the resort) is a good idea. Parking is free.

Room Tip: Building 4000 has the nicer, more modern red and gold furnishings.
2 Thank Hongkonger65
Thank you for taking the moment to evaluate our resort. It is wonderful to know you enjoyed your time with us. Please come back to stay with us again!

Ariel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Westgate Towers Resort
Westgate Towers Resort
#32 of 152 in Kissimmee
Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa

Been to Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!