“Perfect experience!”

Ranked #31 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Gander, Newfoundland, Canada
“Perfect experience!”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

When we first booked our accommodations at Westgate, it was a bit of a rocky start, however, it had nothing to do with the resort itself (the booking agency we dealt with was a bit lackluster). I was a bit nervous about what we were going to arrive to because of the initial start to the process. Much to my surprise, it was a wonderful experience. Every employee we encountered was extra friendly and courteous and anxious to please. The room was clean and very well equipped with beautiful finishings. The resort grounds were beautiful, clean and had provided lots of activities and amenities nearby. It was very close to all of the action that the area has to offer. We were never once bothered by any representatives about any seminars or timeshares. I would highly recommend it and would go back again.

Room Tip: The rooms facing away from the bustle of the resort interior offer a nice view and a quieter atmosph...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kylie M
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 17, 2015
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what more we have improved on.

Ariel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
grandmahenry
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We just got home from the Westgate Town Centre and could not have been more pleased. The condo we stayed in there was huge, lovely and even had a jacuzzi for two in the bedroom - which we used a lot. The staff were lovely and helpful. We thoroughly appreciated the full kitchen with dishwasher and garbage disposal. It's close to everything, very secure and clean, clean, clean. Lots of amenities. The Shorts and Sandals cafe was good too. The downside is teh timeshare presentation, although I suspect you don not have to attend, we did and it was confusing; we went back and asked for more clarification which the staff gladly provided. We were not interested in a time share and there was no pressure. We would stay there again and recommend it to others without hesitation. We also had a view of the Disney fireworks every night.

Room Tip: I would stay higher up in one of the towers at the back, it was quiet and relaxing.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank gaynor h

MIchigan
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Back in 1999 many things went wrong including not getting the room we requested which cast a pall on the week. We also have been staying at the Marriott Grand Vista on our last 2 family (12) adventurers to Orlando. We had an extra week to use from Interval International and decided to give Westgate Town Center another chance. What a pleasant surprise.
Because of delays in Atlanta we did not arrive until 2AM. We had a brief discussion about our past experience with Westgate with the front desk person along with our current reservation. He apologized for our past experience and offered an upgrade to a deluxe 1 bedroom suite for a substantial discount. We were exhausted and decided to take the offer of the upgrade.
The room was everything we expected ground floor and away from the pool noise. We had a full kitchen, large granite dining table and matching kitchen counter with eating counter, comfortable living room, king size bed with a Jacuzzi tub and large walk in shower with a waterfall and hand held shower head. Our porch faced a pond and a little used back road, for the most part a nice private quiet setting
Our first impression on the way to lunch was the outdoor amenities, the pond with swan paddle boats. the put put golf with prehistoric animals through out and walking paths around the pond. We had lunch at the sports bar that has a great menu and excellent drinks.
We walked the perimeter of the campus every morning and noted how well maintained the grounds were. Although we never inspected the two story units we staid in in 99, we were told that they were all in the process of being renovated and updated.
There were several pools in our are to pick from but stuck with one for the week. It is a free style pool with a good size hot tub with several jets. You could order lunch and have it delivered to your location anywhere on the campus.
We found the resort to be in location that was easy to get to all the attractions in and around Orlando. However on this trip we were not interested in the main attractions. We did go to Universals City Walk and Downtown Disney. Of the two, Disney was the better choice for the number of restaurants and entertainment along the streets. At City walk we ate at Bob Marly's and Disney at the House of Blues and would recommend both.
Then the was Joe's Crab Shack on 192 a short distance from the resort. What a fun place to dine and again a great menu and drinks.
We are not owners at this resort but noticed most all the activities were free to members along with a 50% discount at the restaurants.

Our best advice is to use a GPS voice direction device. We used an app on my cell phone that made it easy to get around with no hassles.

Yes this trip to The Westgate Town Center changed our opinion of Westgate and probable will return with our family for our next Disney trip.

Room Tip: Make sure you look at the floor plans and locations. There are several varieties of rooms and locati...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mike151

Myrtle Beach
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I recently stayed at Westgate Town Center during the holidays. This was my second time there as an owner and my first time in a three bedroom. I was traveling with my husband and 4 children and 3 grand kids. My oldest daughter had a 1 bedroom in the new building not to far from the building that we were in. We were able to check in early and that made a big difference having the children. The place has improved so much from the last time that we visited. The children loved the bikes and the paddle boats. Being an owner does make a difference, we pay little or nothing for things. My son and his friend loved the new sports bar. My daughter took her kids to the arcade, but decided to go to Chuck E Cheese instead. The arcade is too expensive even as an owner. We had great discounts for breakfast and lunch. Owners got 50% of lunch and breakfast. I was happy with the housekeeping service. If you ask for something, it is brought to you immediately and plenty is provided. I loved the room we were in. We had a three bedroom in building 5000. It was a lock-out unit. My son had the studio unit, which was big the only thing it didn't have was a full kitchen. The two-bedroom had full kitchen with lots and lots of space. My daughter and her husband enjoyed the property so much that they are considering buying.

Room Tip: If you have a good attitude, you can get just about anything you ask for. I was upgraded to a three...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Jeanette R

Washington, DC
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I'm an owner at the Westgate Villas, which is on the same property as the Towncenter, however, so far, we've only stayed at the Towncenter. The Villas are some of the oldest of all of the buildings and have yet to be fully updated, so instead of the headache of a sub-par villa, I just exchange into the high rises. That said, the Towncenter still isn't what it should be.

I specifically asked to be put in an updated 2 bedroom without the stairs leading up to a lock out unit because we have a toddler. They did accomodate us and told us we were getting a recently rennovated unit, but in an older building that had been damaged by fire, but had been totally re-done. The long and short is that, yes, it was recently updated, but on the second night my 6 year old was mortified to find the biggest "water" bug we've ever seen. Now, I'm no bug expert, but that could have just as easily been a roach as far as we were concerned. My husband and I debated leaving the property altogether because we figured where there is one, there are probably more. But we ultimately decided to request to be moved to a brand new unit (by the way, other guests in the building confirmed that they also had these "water bugs"). They did put us in a newer building, but ended up putting us in a 2 unit set up where there was a studio apartment and full size unit connected by a door. We had to prop the door open so that we could utilize the second bedroom and bath. Needless to say, we were less than pleased, but at least did not have the bug issue for the duration of the trip.

There is tons more I could add, but it's not even really worth it. While it wasn't a totally miserable experience this year, we have never been satisfied with our stay. The upside is that it is very convenient to all the theme parks, and some units even have a distant Disney fireworks view. Even still, we want to sell this timeshare so badly that we are looking to give it away to a charity. I'd rather spend that $800/year maintainence fee toward a swanky hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a new building.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank endicott1

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I booked reservation here through DreamVacations.com, more specifically Condos Direct. I got the 2bdrm for $400+ for a seven night stay. Upon visiting direct website for Westgate Towncenter I saw there was a standard 2bdrm, and a deluxe 2bdrm. Of course deluxe was much nicer, 1200+ sq.ft versus 690 sq.ft for standard. Deluxe had larger kitchen with updated stainless steel appliances, and much nicer furnishings. I called resort directly to confirm reservation, I also asked about possibility to get an upgrade to a deluxe 2bdrm, and how much that would cost. (I was more than willing to pay a reasonable amount for upgrade) Clerk told me she was unable to do that herself, but she would make a note of it in reservation, and if upgrade was available, it would be furnished at no extra charge.
Upon arriving at resort, you pass by Westgate Vacation Villas, which look like they have been around since the seventies, granted Towncenter more modern, but maybe eighties, nineties- more modern. When I checked in, asked clerk if I got the upgrade, she looked through reservation, smiled, and said "you got it". Upon arriving at room noticed immediately that it was standard room, not deluxe. I called to front desk, and said I was told I would be in a deluxe room, clerk replied, in not a great tone, "did I pay for an upgrade" I explained process from confirmation, to check in, and what I was told by two representatives from resort. She placed me on hold to investigate, when she came back on line, she said she did not know why front desk clerk told me that. I could not receive an upgrade, because none were available. Again tone of this person was dismissive, and condescending. I said thank you, and goodbye, and hung up, knowing I would get nowhere with this person. I did not pursue it, as I should have. My thinking was, Westgate clearly is in error, let them step up and acknowledge the mistake, and make good on it. They never did. That one incident soured the whole week stay.
I was in building 5500, sixth floor. View was of lake/swamp depending on how you look at it. Ugly power lines, and a road with frequent, and load traffic noise.
Plus and minus of the unit:
PLUS:
Very comfy bed in master bdrm
Very nice shower in master bdrm
large balcony, nicely furnished
granite surfaces throughout
MINUS:
uncomfortable "pleather" sofa in living room
kitchen appliances outdated-dishwasher looked antique, and so loud
no coffee mugs
ceramic tile throughout living area, had grout so dirty that it was completely black in many areas
toilet in hall bathroom continuously clogged
clothes dryer controls did not work properly
horrible view(see above
decor outdated-other reviewer here said "golden girls" that summed it up quite good

Resort grounds were adequate, but could have been so much nicer. Pools were basic, 13, I believe they had. Better to do one spectacular pool, instead of 13 basic. Saw sign for proposed water park, looked promising.
I cannot get over not getting upgrade to deluxe unit. If clerk told me upgrade was granted, then grant it. If clerk truly was in error, then offer SOMETHING to make up for her error. Hard to believe though that no deluxe units available, since resort was fairly deserted during my stay 1/07/12-1/14/12. Just an inexcusable failure on Westgates part.
In summary, too much of this resort is outdated, and it looks it. There are SO MANY resorts in Orlando/attractions area. Why settle for this?

Room Tip: Bldg 5500 will allow view of Disney fireworks, but during day, view of swamp, ugly power lines, and...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank 120nativeFL
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your response. We understand you had some issues during your stay. Please know that even though you had a bad experience we are always looking for ways to make you stay better. We apologize if our staff was less than courteous that is not our standard of service. We appreciate this opportunity to improve, and will work to exceed your expectations on your next visit.
Idalise
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We spend a vacation week in Westgate Town Center and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. After reading all the negative reviewes we were hesitant to stay here but I am soo glad we did! The location is great, only 10-15 min. drive to the Disney Parks. ( rental car is a MUST). The property is huge with tons of activities a beautiful lake, game room, several restaurants, bars, shops, spa, 14 pools (all were clean and well maintained). Near the resort we found Sizzler's with all you can eat buffet breakfast for $3.99 per person ( get coupon in resort's comp. magazine).
We were checking in a little after 6 p.m. and it took us no more than 10 min. We were escorted to the Resort representative who quickly explained the benefits of attending presentations. We knew far ahead that we were not interested in attending and after saying "No ,Thank you" we were never bugged again.
We asked the girl at the desk for a higher floor and were given the unit on the 8th level, one bedroom ,spacious and clean. We loved the large balcony and jacuzzi tub in the bedroom. Large flat screen tvs in both bedroom and living room. Rainforest shower, plenty of towels. Fully supplied kitchen and large fridge, washing machine and dryer. Overall the unit acceded our expectations and had a great value, since we got a special timeshare exchange rate.
I would reccomend this resort to anyone and when we go back to Orlando this will be our first choice place to stay.

Thank you Westgate Town Center.

Room Tip: Select higher floor if your concern is noise. Always ask if the unit has been recently renovated.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Dominica_11

Ariel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks
Westgate Towers Resort
Westgate Towers Resort
#32 of 152 in Kissimmee
Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa

Been to Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!