“Getting better!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
New Richmond, Wisconsin
“Getting better!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

We are owners who stay once a year. Our stay this year was better than most. We do find the facilities to be well maintained and clean. We were also treated very well by the staff. I must say though that the sales department does not take no for an answer. As owners we are not obligated to attend the owners breakfast where we are "updated" on changes they want to tell us about. Word of warning, this is the hook to get you to listen to the same 90 minutes spiel about buying more!

We go during the off season so the check in process is usually fairly quick. I would much prefer to just get my key and go to the unit. We have been there long enough and we know where we are going. We don't need someone to take us to the unit and turn the lights on and off and leave without so much as two words. We also don't need to stop at all those stations and get a welcome packet of brochures we typically just throw out. For first or second timers this is a great service but for us lifers please make it stop!

Another word of caution is that in the Town Center buildings there is absolutely no insulation between the units on each side of you or above you. So you can hear every conversation, fight, fart, banging cabinets, and EVERY flushing toilet! The buildings must have been built as cheaply as possible so be warned, if you get noisy neighbors next to you or above you you will hear everything. Specially the whiny, crabby, crying children. You can bet a herd of elephants will be in the unit above you too!

Another observation I have made and have seen no improvement on is the fact that pedestrians simply do not have the right of way at Westgate. The place is simply overrun with golf carts. They do not respect the pedestrians. I was almost hit several times. So watch your kids!

It sure would be nice if they had at least one of the 14 pools designated as an adult pool, no kids, and no throwing things. Don't get me wrong, it's great to see families having fun together but when they are throwing footballs and frisbees from one end of the pool to the other it is very difficult for others to also enjoy the pool. The vast majority of people sure don't have very good throwing arms! lol. So again, be advised if you are not one of those families who take over the whole pool, find one of the lesser used ones.

If Westgate should read this review, please figure out a way to have recycling stations where we can drop of our cans, glass, and plastic recyclables. You also need to have channel guides in your welcome packet or in the room.

Room Tip: They really are not very flexible when it comes to asking for a specific building or floor. This is...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank bearpawqs
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 17, 2015
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what more we have improved on.

Best regards,
Ariel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Indianapolis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

Terrible all around. Booked on a timeshare exchange so theoretically we were equivalent of "owners" here. Check-in is more like a cattle call, moving from station to station in a reception area that was staffed by at least 3 dozen agents and busy with over 100 guests at various stages of check-in or sales presentation. Processed by three agents at different stations then told "2 hour wait for room to be ready" (but they did later call us when this occurred).
We headed to a pool with 5-year-old to wait, and found nearest pool (#13?) hugely crowded, dirty, construction debris from a stair repair unprotected, and hot/dirty bathroom/changing room.
When called, I picked up key at station #4, and was told to wait for help with luggage, but after seeing dozens of golf carts running all over, each with a sales agent delivering the "pitch", I wasn't about to surrender my belongings and freedom, so I declined and we drove to our unit.
Located in the SW edge of the property, our first floor 1 BR unit was less than 8 feet from the street and from constant pedestrian, guest and housekeeping golf cart traffic noise). And only 2 windows, each only about 3 x 4 feet, had to be shaded all the time for privacy from passersby...welcome to our vacation cave.
Closeness of buildings and denseness of units gave it a public housing atmosphere, not a vacation resort, a sensation that was confirmed on Wednesday of weeklong stay, when housekeeping paid a visit while we were at Disney. Leaving out wallets in the room (in-room safe was locked open and unusable), we returned that evening to find our linens replaced but also our wallets/billfolds invaded with credit cards upside down or in different slots than usual (but all accounted for, strangely/happily). As my wife put our son to bed (on the hideabed mattress that we we forced to move to the floor to avoid the bed springs poking through the mattress), I stepped outside to call Security and the credit card issuers. After 90 minutes on the phone with them, Security still had not come to our unit as promised. (We never did get a follow-up call or visit from anyone associated with Westgate concerning this breach of security.)
The ONLY reason we did not immediately move to a real resort or hotel at this point was that a) our toddler was asleep, b) it would have been a Thursday move with a planned Saturday departure and c) reduced trauma to our child (at the expense of mom and dad's security and calm).
This was our first timeshare exchange experience (through Interval International) and first and last experience with Westgate or any resort affiliated with it or owner Central Florida Investments, Inc. From the factory-like check-in process to the terrible ambience in our area of the property and the inexcusable absence of management follow-through to an equally abhorrent security lapse, Westgate Town Center created horrible memories for our family.

Room Tip: Don't accept your building/room assignment until you've inspected it.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
11 Thank CoopersDaddy
VillasTCManagement, Director of Operations at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I want to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced. More importantly, I would like to apologize for the manner in which they were handled. Our goal is to accommodate our guests above and beyond their expectations, especially when they are experiencing an issue on property. We will work to address these concerns to ensure that they do not reoccur. Please contact a member of our management staff if you would like to discuss this issue in further details at 407-396-8523. We hope that you give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Tampa, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

3 Years ago a friend and I went to a timeshare presentation at the Westgate Town Center, "Taking one for the team" to get some cheap tickets to Universal. I rejected all of the offers except the last which was very reasonable, a well priced 1BR Villa vacation package with payments over time...I made my reservations and paid the extra $200 for a two bedroom villa so that my father and his best friend could come down as well (he needed a vaca in the worst way)

So here's the goods:

DO NOT, if at all possible, stay in the older section of villas unless your #1 priority is the 25% more privacy. When I went on the tour they showed me the Town Center rooms (the high rise looking over Disney property). When checking in I was given an older 2BR villa they said was newly renovated with several problems (thermostat broken, lights crooked on the walls, handles from furniture broken or missing...) I was in "Here we go" mode, so I called the front desk and asked to be moved to a different property, not expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised at the quick response, and the gentleman who assisted me was very helpful. He showed me 3 different possibilities, all of which were nice, but the one we settled on was the exact room we had toured 3 years ago...from then on it was all thumbs up.

The 5th floor high rise villa was fresh, well decorated, and very open (I'm a huge fan of open floor plans). Smaller but well furnished kitchen, mid sized balcony with a table and chairs (View was the best in the place tho phone lines took a bit away from what would otherwise be very nice), and a perfect sized living room with a large sectional and television.

Master bedroom was a real treat. King size bed, mirrors everywhere, a large hot tub, dual head shower, 2 sinks, and an entrance to the balcony. Only downside was a very small toilet room. Lighting in the bedroom was on the "mood lighting" side, not incredibly bright, but sufficient.

Second bedroom had 2 Full size beds, good view of the property, its own TV, and a very nice little shower/bathroom combo. Separate in-ceiling lights for both beds as well.

The property is fairly large, featuring 13 pools (which were dead as it was off-season), a few places to eat, and tennis/volleyball/basketball courts. Each building has a pool nearby so you don't need to walk far if you want to swim or hop in the jacuzzi. The food, from two restaurants that we sampled (Having the vacation package entitled us to be "Owners" for the week and as such we had a large discount on meals and activities, some of which were free) was very mediocre so we decided not to eat on property.

There were various activities that we did not participate in such as crafts, a Dinosaur themed mini golf that was very low skill level but a nice diversion for kids and families, catch and release fishing, paddle-boats, and more. Again, it was off-season so there wasn't much traffic at the resort in general.

The resort is very close to Disney, but offers very little in terms of transportation, so if you want to make your own schedule, you will want to plan on driving or getting a cab anywhere you want to go. The shuttle service to Disney, for example, had one bus leaving in the morning which you had to register for. The returning bus could only be used by those who used it in the morning and still only had one departure time at night.

Wrapped up...The properties in the high rise buildings are great, activities to suck up down time for the family abound, food is mediocre, staff is there to help, and make sure you plan on doing most of the driving!

Room Tip: High rise buildings are the best for a friends/couples vacation, families may consider the older pro...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank DraacoPendragon
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for your “rocky” start, but am very pleased that we were able to get you quickly moved into a unit that was to your satisfaction. Our property is quite large with 14 pools, many different activities for all ages, Movie Theater, mini golf, and many more. ”. We are conveniently located to all the local theme park, attractions, restaurants, and shopping. We do have the transportation to some of the parks, but is limited as of now. We can look into adding some more pick up and drop off times.

We look forward to having you and your family visit us in the future
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here over spring break for a week with our kids and another family. My friends own a time share with a lockout and we stayed with them in the lockout. All together we had 11 people staying at the condo and did not feel the least bit crowded. The lockout was a good size with one bedroom, a living room with a pull out bed, a small breakfast nook and a kitchenette (fridge, toaster, microwave, coffee pot). There was also a bedroom with a queen size bed and a bathroom with a wirlpool. The main part of the condo was 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a living room with a wrap around couch that pulls out into a king size bed and a full kitchen. There was even a washer and dryer. The ammenities of the resort were very nice. There was a movie theatre and put put golf to entertain the kids as well as bikes, paddle boats and a pool. Over all this was a great place, especially for a family vacation. It was also relatively close to disney and seaworld.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank aswiss
VillasTCManagement, Director of Operations at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thank you for your "Great" review. We have many different types of units on property and are very spacious to accommodate large families up to 16 people. The washers and dryers are very convenient and are in majority of our units.
We are located just minutes away from all the Central Florida attractions and theme parks. We do offer a variety of different activities on property like the mini golf, movie theater, bikes, paddle boats, sports equipment for basketball, volleyball, shuffle board, arts and crafts, or use of the 14 pools.
Again, thank you for your rewiew, and we look forward to your future visits
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

Just visited there with friends. I am a modest person and very down to earth so I tend to not complain about the usual stuff most travelers complain about such as "not so fluffy down comforters". With that said let me begin, first of all, the service was less than satisfactory. The people at the front desk and sales reps were so friendly until they got what they wanted from my friends who own a timeshare there. Once they upgraded their timeshare, the service quickly changed and we got an attitude from everyone we tried to get assistance from. Now let me tell you about the resort. It is not the worst but certainly not the best and for the price they are asking you would think that the pools and hot tubs would be clean. That was not the case as they were not only outdated but dirty. Also, last but not least, I had 3 gigantic roaches in my room on separate occasions, one of which ran over my foot (yeah gross!). Do yourself a favor and save your money for a better resort!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank citygirl_beachlover
VillasTCManagement, Director of Operations at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2011
Thank you for your feedback and we apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations. We strive to provide the best customer services as possible to our owners and guest.
Our pools are cleaned and maintained on a daily basis and kept up to code. We will work to address this issue to prevent from reoccuring.
Again, we apologize for the issues you experienced and hope that you can give us another opportunity to make your stay with us a special one.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

Now I just went to Westgate town center for a week with my family in July I was suppose to get a two bedroom one of the newest villas so I am checking in and they give me room CD so I get to my room and little did I know it was two seperate units so we are suspecting it is right but then we realize that we asked for 2 bedroom so we called the front office and we asked told them that we were suppose to get 2 bedroom and then they said to call back the next day so I did and then they said they would let me know what time the room was ready guess wat they called us 8:00 clock that night when they told us it wont be after 8:00 clock that night so they sent a fake representative and we tried to tell her that 16 hours from Baltimore is a dreadful and we were destined to have a great time I had to go through all of this crap so we couldn't get our money back so they gave a 2 day and 3 night I said wat the heck how is that gonna help I want a room so since we were friends we had to sleep in the same bed which was weird I would NOT recommend they rip people and they want to lie about EVERYTHING hence I had documentation of two bedroom on my reservation form so hell no!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank sonicma
Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the inconviences that you encountered. We do have many different room types on property. The unit you are describing is one of our two bedroom lock off units. The C and D units are one bedroom units but have a connecting door between to access both rooms, which are in the newer section.
We hope that you can give us another opportunity in the future to exceed your expectations
Erie, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here a week with my teenage son and his girlfriend. It was very convenient to Disney and it the room (bldg #6000) was very nice. We did notice that the pools by the new buildings get alot of use and were not very clean. We would simply go to the older section where the vilals were and it was cleaner and quieter. We also noticed that some of the staff may live here. We went to grill out one night, and a family had taken the picnic table by our grill over to the next building and used both tables at his grill for a huge family. It made me mad because then we had no table to set our food and utensils on. With this said, people can be rude any where you stay. We did enjoy our stay and would go back.

For people with older kids that want to do something different, I suggest a trip to Crystal River to swim with the manatees!! It was awesome!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PAsunlover09
Thank you for your review. We do have 14 different pools for our owners and guest to choose from, 2 of them that have pool bars. We will adddress this issue to make sure we do not continue to have these types of problems.
I can reassure you that we do not have staff members living on property. We do however get groups and large parties that use the amenities and pools for meals and get togethers.
Again, thank you for the review and we look foward to having you and your family visit us in the future.