“Inconsiderate and terrible service!!!!!!!!”

Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Inconsiderate and terrible service!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

Now I just went to Westgate town center for a week with my family in July I was suppose to get a two bedroom one of the newest villas so I am checking in and they give me room CD so I get to my room and little did I know it was two seperate units so we are suspecting it is right but then we realize that we asked for 2 bedroom so we called the front office and we asked told them that we were suppose to get 2 bedroom and then they said to call back the next day so I did and then they said they would let me know what time the room was ready guess wat they called us 8:00 clock that night when they told us it wont be after 8:00 clock that night so they sent a fake representative and we tried to tell her that 16 hours from Baltimore is a dreadful and we were destined to have a great time I had to go through all of this crap so we couldn't get our money back so they gave a 2 day and 3 night I said wat the heck how is that gonna help I want a room so since we were friends we had to sleep in the same bed which was weird I would NOT recommend they rip people and they want to lie about EVERYTHING hence I had documentation of two bedroom on my reservation form so hell no!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank sonicma
VillasTCManagement, Director of Operations at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2011
Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the inconviences that you encountered. We do have many different room types on property. The unit you are describing is one of our two bedroom lock off units. The C and D units are one bedroom units but have a connecting door between to access both rooms, which are in the newer section.
We hope that you can give us another opportunity in the future to exceed your expectations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Erie, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here a week with my teenage son and his girlfriend. It was very convenient to Disney and it the room (bldg #6000) was very nice. We did notice that the pools by the new buildings get alot of use and were not very clean. We would simply go to the older section where the vilals were and it was cleaner and quieter. We also noticed that some of the staff may live here. We went to grill out one night, and a family had taken the picnic table by our grill over to the next building and used both tables at his grill for a huge family. It made me mad because then we had no table to set our food and utensils on. With this said, people can be rude any where you stay. We did enjoy our stay and would go back.

For people with older kids that want to do something different, I suggest a trip to Crystal River to swim with the manatees!! It was awesome!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PAsunlover09
Thank you for your review. We do have 14 different pools for our owners and guest to choose from, 2 of them that have pool bars. We will adddress this issue to make sure we do not continue to have these types of problems.
I can reassure you that we do not have staff members living on property. We do however get groups and large parties that use the amenities and pools for meals and get togethers.
Again, thank you for the review and we look foward to having you and your family visit us in the future.
San Jose
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

This was the worst place I've ever stayed. Here is why I am saying this:

1. Check in took more than 2 hours.
2. At the sales presentation the sales manager called me a liar when I wouldn't buy. Also, the 90 minute presentation turned into a 3 hour session.
3. There is a common entry between two rooms. I was locked out and it took 2 hours to get me into my room. This was at 1am!
4. My laundry was stolen from the dryer in my unit! When I called security they said "what do you want me to do about it."

This review is based on 4 days. I still have 3 more to go...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank Biazinha2
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thanks for your feedback. We apologize for the long check-in process; please know that our front desk staff works hard to make this a smooth and easy process for our guests’ and owners’. Our sales presentation is purely voluntary and part of participating; we give our guests’ incentives and gifts in return of their time. You may have been assigned a lock-off unit which allows a bigger party to stay in a larger unit; we apologize if this was confusion for you. We hope you allow us to exceed your expectations in the future.
Idalise

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Otley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

We first went here in 2008 on a timeshare tour so we could get reduced price tickets at the parks and shows. We loved the place as it had all the individual luxury we enjoy-washer/dryer/walk in showers/full kitchen/ 16 swimming pools/ jacuzzi tub etc. and ended up buying. Go for the tour but do not be pressured into buying-the price drops if you hold out. It is worth the cost though if you add up the price of a week's holiday here compared with the timeshare deal, which you then have for ever (to pass on in a will) to use every year or exchange to any other Westgate property. It is only a couple of miles from the Disney parks and approx half mile from shops, restaurants etc. The only problem we ever seem to have is the check in process, which takes for ever to get to the front of the queue and you are then passed along a "conveyor belt" of people all trying to get you to come to the free breakfast which is the time share sell. My word of advice is NEVER do this breakfast the day after you arrive as you need to be fully rested to understand the selling patter that they bamboozle you with. It is worth a couple of hours of your time to get the discounted park tickets but say you will come around day 3/4 of your stay. A great stay every time and because of the washer and dryer you need not pack half as many clothes, leaving space for souvenirs. A spa is meant to be opening (in 2009!!) but in the meantime this service is available at Westgate Lakes which is a few miles up the road. You definitely need a car as nothing is walkable, even for the fittest person, but this is standard for wherever you stay in Florida. It also allows exploration further afield and I highly recommend the towns of Celebration and Jacksonville and the shopping malls around an hour's drive away. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a high up room in the 5800 building. Overlooks Lake Wilson with wildlife and the fireworks c...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ELAINE B
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 17, 2015
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what more we have improved on.

Millport18
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed in an upgraded apartment - one bedroom with a small kitchen area and a sleeper sofa in the small lounge area. Very clean and you are provided with plenty of soap, shampoo, washing powder and even dishwasher powder as well. Usual large american bed and good TVs in the bedroom and lounge. The room connected through to the next room, which was also one bed but much larger with a jacuzzi bath and a balcony area. Very useful feature for two families. The sofa bed, although it looked good had a terrible mattress - the same was true of the sofa bed in the room next door - you could feel the springs popping through. 13 or 14 swimming pools dotted around so you could always fiind a reasonably quiet one. The first one we visited had poor water quality but the others were fine. There is a shop on site but it was expensive compared to the stores off site. However, we enjoyed ourselves here and would come back and it was definitely value for the money we paid.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Millport18
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 23, 2015
Thank you for your review! It is wonderful to know you enjoyed your time with us. Please come back to stay with us again!

THE COLONY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here for our second week in Orlando after staying at the Marriott Grande Vista. Initial check in was smooth, but then instead of just giving me the keys to our unit, a map and a list of the activities, they made me wait for about five minutes for another representative. That representative then tried to get me to a timeshare breakfast presentation. I was told if I went, we could get a card that gave us free access to the property amenities. If I wanted to make an open ended reservation, they wanted a $20 deposit. We had the week planned at Disney, so the extra property amenities really weren't going to be used anyway, so I declined. However, the whole way they do the check in started the week off on the wrong foot. I got our check in packet from her and then we finally went to our unit.

The unit itself was nice, it was a 2 bedroom. The only problem we encountered was a lack of hot water. They had maintenance come and fix the issue and everything else was nice. The resort is huge, they have a lot to do, but we never used their pools or took advantage of the movies, mini golf or restaurants on property. The area around it seems a bit run-down, with a lot of discount ticket sellers. They have a lot of activities but there seem to be costs associated with most of them. After coming from the Marriott, where they included many of their activities at no extra charge, it was a turn off.

One thing I did like was that coming out of the resort, it was a direct shot into Disney World near Animal Kingdom and we could avoid Hwy 192 traffic.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank neoncactus
Thank you for your response. We are delighted that you enjoyed our units and location. Since we are a timeshare resort, we offer our guests’ and owners’ to participate in a sales presentation and in return of their time we offer incentives and gifts. Our maintenance staff is diligently working on the upgrades of our resort through a renovating schedule and we apologize if this was an inconvenience for you. We hope you allow us with the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
Idalise
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

The westgate was my secret hotel from travelocity, after reading the reviews I didn't have high expectations. When I got there, I was able to check in immediately. I reserved 2 rooms, they were able to put us almost next door. We had one bedroom suites, they were really nice and clean. They ask if we were doing a tour, when I declined the were not at all rude. As far as the ammeneties we had everyday of the trip planned so we didn't have time to take advantage. Overall I had an excellent stay.

• Stayed July 2011