“Great deal for the price”
Review of Buena Vista Motel

Buena Vista Motel
Ranked #103 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Rhode Island
“Great deal for the price”
Reviewed February 21, 2007

First off, if you want a 5 star resort, go to the Peabody or Gaylord Palms. If you want clean, affordable, convenient accomodations this is it!! Definite three star plus hotel.This place is located at mile marker 12 on RT 192, just about 5 miles from the Disney entrance. Also, right around the corner from RT 535 which gives you a direct route (about 5 miles) to downtown Disney also.

Word of advice, if you book this thru ANOTHER website, be sure to call the hotel directly to confirm. Our reservations were listed under a wholesaler, so I had to call the website customer service. They called the hotel directly then called me back within one hour to re-confirm my reservation. I then re-called the hotel and "Mary" told me all was confirmed.

We rented the executive suite with king bed. Bed was fine. Pillows were thin but I used three so no big deal. Had a full kitchen. Took advantage of the continental breakfast pastries and drove to the nearest Dunkin Donuts for our morning coffee. This is not a knock on the breakfast offered, I'm just partial to DD coffee. Cont breakfast was standard juice, bagels, pastry, make your own waffles, cereal, and egg breakfast sandwiches made to order for an extra $2.25.

We had a room at the back of building #8 with a view of the lake. Definitely ask for rooms in the back......they are much quieter.
Also, if you dont like to walk to the pool or breakfast, ask for a room in buildings #1 thru 4. These are closest to the pool etc.

Your cc will be charged IN FULL at checkin, so make sure you review the quoted rate. Be advised that they add on a $6.50 a day resort fee........and its non-negotiable. Basically covers the breakfast cost and in-room safe rental. I really didnt care since I still got a good deal even with this added in.

Daily maid service was fine. She even washed our dishes!!
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2007
5 Thank ak151

Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed February 19, 2007

We checked into Lake Suites Hotel after 9 idyllic days at a Walt Disney World Resort (Animal Kingdom Lodge and Port Orleans Riverside). We were unable to extend our stay on property due to the influx of guests for the Daytona 500 weekend.
We arrived to check in encountering a very rude woman at the desk, who told us as soon as we walked in the door that she could not check us in because her computer was down. Although she did proceed to check us in after we said our ressies were through Hotels.com. We were also nervous because a lady came in while we were checking in to get toilet paper for her roon. If there had been a chance of getting another room anywhere else within an hour of Disney that night my husband who is normally--very calm and even keeled would have done it.
Lake Suites is not new and is in need of a good deal of cosmetic work on the exterior and interior of the property. Upon entering the Family Suite we were hit with the musty, moldy smell in our dark room. There was very little lighting, the couches were dingy and old as were the bedspreads. As we were all tired and thirsty, I went to the kitchen for glasses for water and found all the dishes to be too dirty to use--I went back to the van and got us all bottles of water instead. There were 5 of us who all wore socks or our shoes in the room the whole time so we wouldn't touch the floor. We also went back to the van to get blankets for my daughter to sleep on the pull out sofa instead of using the not too good looking blanket provided. The sheets on the beds and the towels appeared to be clean based on how they looked and smelled. The shower was tiny. We were awakened several times through the night to the sounds of sirens going down the highway just across the driveway from our room.
Not at all restful or a place I would feel comfortable staying with my family or anyone else I know of again. As a longshot, this might be an acceptable place for those who don't do a lot of travel or have very high expectations of service or quality. Even if you are on a budget--save a few more pennies and stay somewhere else!!

6 Thank chefmmie

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

colorado
Reviewed February 10, 2007

What a dream... Nice staff, clean and spacious place to stay for our family of four. Felt really at home, rates as good as those where you have to look at a timeshare. Would highly recommend to anyone traveling to Disney area. Would go back in a heartbeat...

• Liked — the place, the kitchen, the people who worked there
  • Disliked — shuttles to parks
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank pulsecolo
Huntington, IN
Reviewed January 2, 2007

We just returned from our trip to Orlando. Our experience at the hotel was very pleasant. When we checked in at the front desk, the lobby was nicely decorated with holiday spirit and the front desk person was very friendly. She greeted us with a smile and was very professional. Once we got in our room, we found it to be very clean and tidy. The full kitchen was a nice surprise. We thought it was just going to have the mini-fridge and microwave like most "suite" hotels, but it was just like being at home with full size appliances. All the untensils and dishes were included. Super Target was right across the street, so we were able to get our groceries and cook in the room some evenings.

I'll be honest, the hotel needs some updating, but my wife was very pleased with how clean everything was. Our kids loved the pool area and went swimming every night. We couldn't get over the breakfast that was served every morning. It had everything from fresh fruit to waffles. My kids loved the Mikey waffle maker and had to have one each morning. If we ever needed anything, the staff was very helpful in making sure our stay was comfortable. We had such a great time, we ended up staying another 2 nights.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a great value close to the theme parks.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
6 Thank INfamilytrip
Atlanta GA
Reviewed November 22, 2006

The worst place I have ever been...Motel6 felt like a first class hotel compared to this one. The staff was very uncaring and rude. The girl at the front desk would not look at you and would give short and rude answers. When we got to our room at first it smelled like mold, the counter was set with two broken glasses, the refrigerator was dirty and it had curly hair in there!! They did not have enough towels in the bathroom , and I only noticed that when I was already in the shower (which by the way was spraying water everywhere and it had a loud piercing noise coming out of it, I couldn't wait to get out of the shower..it gave me a head ache!) my husband called the front desk they told him someone would bring one right away... well , no one showed up so my husband had to walk all the way to the front desk, just to be told she did not have any ...well that was around 4pm.. we left for dinner came back and still no towel...The nightmare was not over yet.. the sofa bed was broken so we had to put the very thin mattress on the floor... the blankets were in TERRIBLE condition,(I should have taken a picture of it!) homeless shelters would be offended with those blankets!! it was so thin it had several huge holes in it...not to mention the terrible smell!!! We didn't dare ask for another one...needless to say we canceled the remaining nights and could not wait until morning so we could get out of there!!!
By the way, it should be illegal for them to charge a "resort fee" the sand around the playground was full of litter... the deck was in serious need of repair with rotten and missing boards... the lake was a puddle of green water, infested with insects and it smelled really bad...at check out we tried to kindly explain our dissatisfaction with the manager but the way she reacted, she was sick of listening to that same story so she paid no attention to it...that's SAD!

• Liked — close to theme parks
  • Disliked — rude staff, unsafe conditions, dirty unsafe playground, hotel in need of serious TLC.
  • Tips/Secrets — Please do not ruin your vacation, stay away from this location.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
6 Thank sunnyslope
Albertson, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2006

Just got back from our Florida Vacation and we could not ask for a better hotel to stay at with the budget we were working with for our trip. We booked this hotel through AAA after reviewing other hotels in the area. We felt that this hotel offered us with everything that we would want during our 7 day stay in Kissimmee.

We were weary in the begining after reading other reviews about the hotel, originally called the MainStay Suites then a name change to the Lakeside Suites Hotel and then changed to the Lake Suite Hotel.

We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and checked in fairly quickly. They had our reservations all set and our room was ready and we were given the correct room. We were given a map of the grounds and the desk clerk showed us where our room was, room #904 an excutive suite. Also we were informed of the times that the Continental breakfast was served and the hours the pool/jacuzzi was available.

We found our room very easily. The room was clean and neat. Did a once over on the room before settling in to make sure everything worked. I had found a spoon in the drain of the sink when I had turned the garbage disposal on and had reported that to the front desk and they came and cleaned that out for me and replaced a burnt out bulb. The house keeping staff was very nice and was there everyday, came back to a clean room everyday. Everyone there was polite and cheery.

The location was great. There was a Super Target across the street from the hotel and a Super Wal-Mart down the street. Plenty of places to eat at within either a short walk or drive. Close to Disney and Sea World at most a 1/2 hour drive. They have great deals for tickets to the parks and a shuttle to and from the parks, we decided to drive to them ourselves b/c some of the drop off/pick up times were too early when the parks were open late.

Overall we would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a great place to just relax at a great price. We are in our mid 20s but there were families there with young kids and other couples without children there.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Shuttle times
  • Tips/Secrets — They are located on I-192 (w. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy) Marker # 12
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank FireGirl38
Orleans, Indiana
Reviewed October 2, 2006

My husband and I had one room and my sister and her family of 4 were in another room. We experienced poor housekeeping. The rooms need updating. The carpet was dirty, the bathroom need major renovation. The wooden ramp and porch leading to our room was rotten and had visible cracked and broken boards. The entry door was loose and could be shook 1-2 inches, it would not shut or lock with a tight fit. We pushed a large sofa chair in front of it each night for added security. The sliding door to the balcony was broken. The room my sister was in had a musty smell. The place just need major renovations.

• Liked — Free breakfast
  • Disliked — condition of the accommodation
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not stay at the resort