7,788 results
All reviews river island east village lazy river time share hippo slide splash lagoon mini golf sales pitch bedroom villa hard sell timeshare presentation putt putt parking pass rci exchange timeshare tour full kitchen water slides
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I first bought this timeshare back in 2015. When I bought it, I explained to the sales rep
that I would need a handicap accessible room because I’m disabled due to a medical
condition I have with my knees. The sales rep promised me that it would be no problem
to get that type of room or at least a walk-in room. However, that never happened.
Every time that I have tried to make a reservation, I was told there wasn’t any walk-in or
handicap rooms available. How can I take or enjoy my vacations without having a
handicap accessible room that I was promised? What am I paying for? Why am I paying
for a timeshare that I cannot physically use due to the resort not being able to
accommodate my handicap needs like they promised?
Though I am never provided with the handicap accommodations, I have still used the
timeshare a couple of times so that I felt like I wasn’t wasting my money. To make
things worse, every time I have used this resort, I am forced to go to these meetings
that end up being a sales trap that lasts most of my day. These meetings are filled with
people trying to convince me to upgrade or buy something more. The sales reps claim
that if I don’t buy more points then I won’t have as much reservation power as I want
and that I will not have as much bonus time either.
If all of that aren’t reasons enough to want out, I have another complaint to address.
Once, I went to the resort for MY timeshare week and I arrived at the resort only to be
told by your staff that there were no rooms available for me. How was that possible? It
was MY week. At the end of the day, I had to come back to my house without being
able to use MY week. This is absurd.
I’m writing this review to get someone’s attention because since April of 2018 I have
been disputing my timeshare’s contract for all the reasons that I’ve explained in the lines
above. Except, since the beginning of my disputes, I haven’t received any responses
from Silverleaf. They just continue to ignore my complaints and keep collecting money
from me. I have never received what I have paid good money for. I was lied to when I
signed the initial contract and despite all of my upgrades, my issues have never been
fixed. It’s time for Silverleaf to take me seriously. I am asking for Silverleaf to respond to
my 7 letters and I’m demanding you to cancel my timeshare contract at once. Please
contact me directly so that we can settle this. My next step will be contacting the Better
Business Bureau.

Date of stay: October 2018
2  Thank nancy h
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked a one bedroom villa back in January. Picked the room on the website, picture showed the one bedroom villa we have always gotten. When we checked in we were given a one bedroom suite in the north village (they call them villas). Looked like a hotel suite to me. It was loud, heard everyone who came in and out of the building day and night. Room was located right next to the pool and bar. And due to the fact that you had wooden blinds in the bedroom, you had light and noise all night long. Had to sleep with a towel over our eyes. The room had s funny chemical or bug spray smell, staff was very unhelpful/rude when we attempted to change our room. We attempted to explain that we had booked the one bedroom villa. Will not be staying next year. We can book a suite like they gave us at the Comfort Inn or Quality Inn for half the price. Only difference is we won’t have a small dinning room table.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Good
========

Me and my Family recently stayed a the Orange Lake Resort within the 3rd week of sept. Checking in everything went smooth lines weren't short and we ubered into the facility. When checking in our room wasn't ready but that was Quickly resolve and we was taken to a Roomy villa with Kitchen secluded within the East village.Kitchen was clean , Pizza from Paisan was good and the Fireworks at night was enjoyed by us all. Also the young ladies working the river island were sweet and helpful.

The Bad
=======
The Bed's we slept in were spring mattress that were so uncomfortable that even after the jaccuzzi relaxed me I was waking up to pain each night to the point of me having to sleep on the couch. Where I was awakened by the sweet sounds of lawn mowers at 8 am each morning, plus the Flies were relentless!!!! I get it were in Florida there everywhere but I literally purchased a can of bug spray leaving Piles of dead flies(Which BTW seem to not be near the owners suite during the tour..Interesting)

Their are shuttles that take people through out the property BUT not where you wanna go but along their route no matter if the other routes have nobody waiting. So imagine waiting 15 min for a shuttle.. then getting picked up and taken to another location to get shuttled to where you really wanna go.(Special thanks to Vandy for helping as best she could)

-also We noticed many people drove to the resort yet the shuttles was always 15-20 min long and when they picked us up it was near vacant.

The Ugly
=======

Lotta of older retired People and for it to be soooo large and so close to Disney It lacked any Modern feel that accommodated people of Different ages, This was evident as it was told to us that many older people Stay here 3 months out the year.It lacked activities that the kids could enjoy for different age ranges, Arcade room could have been upgraded.

Timeshare Pitch
============

Timeshare Pitch wasn't as bad as I thought it would be(We kept shades on the whole time) I appreciated there pitch as everyone has a job to do but they came of condescending assuming we don't travel as much as we do, and would miss out on this marvelous opportunity, Sad thing is the only ones I saw walking out with signing folders were Older grandparents.Younger people mid 30's with kids weren't buying, That should tell you something.

-Note this is not all inclusive you will pay for everything even the floaties.. Hamburgers fries very thing on menu 12 and up.We brought groceries
which helped but it would have been nice to eat at one of the restaurants without feeling ripped off.

Me and my Wife have stayed at many resorts in different countries and I have to say the service here was by far the worst.The facility has the space to make this a beautiful resort but I believe they have gotten use to the older crowd who don't demand much, But how are they to stay innovative and ahead of the curve.. last but not least is the fact that when it came time to checkout ...as large as the property was.. and with many people checked in at maybe 60% capacity.. there was only one bellhop for the entire property to take us and our luggage to check out...we didnt drive and was in the east village mind you...Next time I think i'll take my chances elsewhere.

2  Thank Rah da God r
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fantastic location. 24 hour security. Many pools including a lazy river. Many options for dining. Loved the onion rings at Breezes. Bingo in the afternoon. Spacious villas. We had a 2 bedroom. Screened in patio. Even had a washer and dryer in our villa. Right on golf course. Quiet. Friendly staff. Will go back again. We stayed in the North Village.

2  Thank Peggy W
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My vacation // everything was nice and well manicured lawns and plants well taken care of!! Everyone was so helpful and friendly and was all so clean!! I would recommend everyone to enjoy a vacation here !! Thanks to everyone a for a little piece of paradise !!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with RCI