This was our first time in the USA and Orange Lake Country Club Resort. We arrived on Saturday 2nd August around 21:15pm after a very long flight. We were here for two weeks.
Check in was only 5mins, however you were directed to signing up to a time share meeting. I made it clear we were not interested. However, they said if we attend just one hour we would get 2 free passes to use to get lazy river tubes, use of the Hippo slide and mini golf. So we said yes and the free passes were given to my two children. The meeting took place on Tuesday 10am. We were shown around, but at the final meeting I made sure to them that were not interested. The meeting finished at 11am.
We were in West village 2 Bed villa (2115). When we entered the villa, we noticed it was very clean. A full kitchen, microwave, dish washer, washing machine and drier. They had left us some filter coffee, small tubs of mile and sugar. Two bathrooms with full set of clean white towels. One large bedroom with extra large beg, another bedroom with two large beds. Each bedroom have a lcd tv and there was a tv and dvd player in the lounge.
This is a BIG resort. You need a car to go around or use the free bus. We hired a car.
River Island has the lazy river a big favourite with my kids. It also has the Hippo slide and min golf.
The splash lagoon in North village is good. We also took our own tennis rackets and balls and used the tennis courts.
The resort services customer services staff are very efficient and polite.
Restaurants - we did not eat in any of the restaurant but had a two take outs, Pizza which was good and Mix grill skewers of shrimp and beef. This was disappointing as he beef was raw and shrimps under cooked. It did give me a tummy upset. I guess you need to tell them to cook it well if you don't like the food under cooked.
There is a supermarket named Publix, so you can get all your bottle water, beers etc.
The only downside is that you have to pay for the blue tubes, mini golf and Hippo slide. If you are a member and paying a lot to come here, then this all should be FREE!
Eating out - Olive Garden 5 mins drive from the resort. Good food and tasty!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom. At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the fun with your own personal attraction ticket concierge located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf a bowling alley arcades and 54 holes of golf. What's more, we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resorts activities. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Vacatia, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando