We stayed at Orange Lake Resort for the second week in March 2014. This was our second stay at Orange Lake but our first since Holiday Inn bought the property. A few things things that you should expect if you stay at this resort.
1. This is a time share resort. Be prepared at checkin to be prompted to the vacation sales desk. This is where a very nice and pleasant employee will be overly nice and try to sign you up to "tour" the property and see all the fabulous things that Holiday Inn has done to improve the resort. Don't waste your vacation. They will tell you it is only a 60 minute tour but let's be real. It will take your sales rep 60 min just to say hi. Then you need to take the tour. Expect the tour to last half your day.
2. The resort is huge. Orange Lake resort is comprised of 4 resorts in 1. West Village, North Village, East Village and River Island. All of the areas have their own pool but River Island has by far the nicest, largest, and busiest pool. Expect to be at the River Island pool by 11am on a busy day to get a chair. If you don't want to drive to the pool stay at River Island condos. These are really the only condos that you are guaranteed to be able to walk to the pool. Every other condo you will be driving or taking the resort shuttle.
3. This is really a golf resort with 3 golf courses spread around the property. Most condos will have a view of some golf course which is what makes the resort so spread out.
We have stayed in the East village in a 3 bedroom condo and the North village in a 2 bedroom condo. Both are large and provide plenty of room for families. Furnishing are nice but the cabinetry isn't as nice as other places. We did have to deal with ants in the second bathroom for half of our vacation. The exterminator thought we were lucky since the downstairs unit had the ants all over the kitchen. I guess that's lucky. The exterminator put some stuff down to kill the ants which he said it should work by Friday. It was only Tuesday.
If you are considering this resort and golf isn't a motivator than make sure that you price shop. In my opinion there are much nicer Hilton condos near seaworld or on Idrive. You may also look in other sites and check out Wyndham Bonnet Creek which is smack in the middle of Disney World.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom. At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the fun with your own personal attraction ticket concierge located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf a bowling alley arcades and 54 holes of golf. What's more, we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resorts activities. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Vacatia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando