Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort
$116
$98
$154
$139
Clarion Suites Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$102
$94
Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$70
$52
$44
Comfort Inn Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$85
$76
ComfortInn
Flamingo Waterpark Resort(Kissimmee)
$53
$49
Seasons Florida Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$68
$65
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$111
$108
Travelocity
$90
$55
Agoda.com
  • Pool
6,285 results
All reviewsriver islandeast villagelazy rivertime sharehippo slidesplash lagoonvillage poolmini golfsales pitchbedroom villatimeshare presentationputt puttrci exchangefull kitchentimeshare tourparking passwater slides
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Some context about my post:

I'm married with 4 kids ages 15, 13, 12, and 11. We travel a lot as a family, and we always try to find a nice place to stay with a pool for the kids. We are pretty low maintenance people. I did a lot of research on TA before our stay, so I KNEW what to expect. I think this is the key to an enjoyable stay here.

Check In: I went to the 1st check in spot which took 15 minutes. They sent me to the second spot where they gave me the "fast" vacation club talk and the coupon for $25 to be redeemed at the 3rd desk. The second desk took about 2 minutes, and I didn't even go to the 3rd desk. I was just very firm I was not interested in a time share, and I didn't feel harassed. I KNEW what to expect. :-)

Room: We stayed in the River Island area, and our room was very nice. The main bedroom had a king, and the other bedroom had two queen beds. I think the pillows were a little firm, but we brought our own with us. It had a nice living room area with a flat screen TV and a pull out couch. The kitchen had a large fridge, oven, microwave, dishwasher. Overall, I would give the room 4 and 1/2 stars.

Pool: We really loved the pool area at River Island. After reading previous post I just decided to do the 3 day Water Park Pass for the kids. We were at the hotel for 5 nights, but we would be at Universal and Disney 2 of those days. You can use the 3 day pass any 3 days you want they don't have to be consecutive days. I think the 3 day pass was $40 a pass. Once again, the pass gets you 1) tubes in the lazy river 2) unlimited hippo slide 3) unlimited mini golf. You can pay for all those things on a individual bases, but I just didn't want to deal with the hassle. It would have probably been cheaper to pay for it on a individual bases because we only played mini golf twice and one of my kids didn't like the hippo slide. If you have young kids our teenagers you WANT to stay at the River Island section!!! The pools and the slides are great!

Misc: There were plenty of restaurants around the hotel, but there was a 1hr wait most every night.
- We ate at the River Island Grille on site, but we thought it was just average at best.
- free internet in the room and around the pool
- starbucks on site
- if you get your kid a smoothie for $5. keep the cup because refills are just $3
- I cant speak for the other parts of the resort, but we were VERY impressed with the River Island rooms and pool area.

Room Tip: Rooms in River Island Pool side
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank jeffgcg
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Hello! Thanks for your comprehensive review and staying with us at Orange Lake. We can appreciate that you did thorough research of the property before arriving and that you gave many details that our guests can expect at the resort. It’s true; River Island is a great place for kids, teens, and adults alike, with plenty of space, activities, and fun to be had. We’re also pleased to see that your villa met your expectations and that you we able to relax and kick back. We hope to see you again at Orange Lake for more vacation fun.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I searched the internet for someplace to stay that was close to Disney but also offered distractions from the parks. This was a family trip with my husband and our two boys 10 and 17. We stayed for three nights. The property is HUGE! I initially booked based on the "Waterpark" within the resort. We did not find the quasi waterpark until our last evening, we were handed a map at check in but were not told were everything was, we (my husband and myself) were escorted quickly over to the "do you want to buy a Timeshare desk" and when we stated that we were not really interested were not questioned again during our stay. Some reviewers said that they received telephone calls and repeated request to buy, that was not the case with us in fact we were not contacted nor did we have any contact with resort staff after we checked in. We found the 2 bedroom Villa very spacious and clean loved the washer and dryer (laundry soap was provided) not much to see where we were but there was a nice table and chair set on the outside patio. I would recommend this resort to families that would like more than a hotel room. The value was amazing and we enjoyed our stay.

4  Thank mnv2

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your experience and welcome back from your recent stay. We love to hear from our guests and are pleased that your stay was enjoyable for you. Our goal is to offer a unique resort style experience with plenty of fun for everyone; it’s good to see that you were able to squeeze many of the activities in. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My 2 children and I recently rented a 2 bedroom, 2 bath Villa at this property over March Break. It was great to have basically a little house with all the amenities rather than a hotel room. The washer/dryer and full kitchen was great. I also enjoyed having privacy and taking care of ourselves versus being bothered by housekeeping. The property is HUGE, more the size of a small town than a resort. There are "villages" within the resorts (West, East, North, South). We were in West Village which was close to the entrance. One piece of advice I have right off the cuff is when checking in beware you will be sent from the main desk over to a "Vacation Planning" desk where they will start on you about the Timeshare tours. They offer park tickets, cash, gift certificates....the whole deal. You are told it will take 90 minutes of your time; however, after speaking to other long term residents you quickly learn it will be double that. It was late when I checked in and had just travelled all day with 2 kids so I didn't put up a fuss. I was told it was no problem to change my mind after agreeing to do it. The next day I decided that as I was only there 6 nights I was not going to spend time on something I had no interest in regardless of the "award". I called and cancelled and was contacted 2 additional times asking me to change my mind and reconsider. Finally when they called and woke me up at 9am to discuss it again I lost it and advised them to mark my account for NO MARKETING. After that I wasn't bothered again HOWEVER I was charged $30 for NOT taking part in the tour. I was told it was advised to me upon checking in which very well could have been but I didnt absorb it after such a lengthy day. Another thing that you should be aware is there is a resort fee which amounted to around $50 for the 6 nights but there is also a charge for the use of tubes for the lazy river at the water park ($9 a day per person) and a charge for one of the slides by the hour or by the slide. Seems rather ridiculous! We had food delivered the first night from Breezes and on site restaurant. I was not impressed with the quality or quantity for what you paid for. Apart from that we enjoyed our vacation.

4  Thank CoolCanuckChick
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Hi there, Dawn. Thank you for staying with us and welcome back from your recent stay. We’re delighted to see that the resort met your expectations and your villa’s amenities made you feel right at home during your visit. As a vacation ownership property, we want all of our guests to hear about the better and more flexible vacation that the Club can offer them. We apologize if you were disturbed at all during your stay. In addition, our resort is solely funded through maintenance fees paid by the owners. Therefore, we charge a resort fee to non-owners to include amenities such as wi/fi, shuttles, pools, etc. We hope to see you again on a future visit for more vacation fun.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Me and my wife were in vacation and played a round of golf in the legends. The crew are very accommodating the Great golf course is gorgeous and accommodating cart girls. The grass is well marinated. What I love the most is they have a gps. Great experience!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Between guests and house keeping screaming in the holidays in the morning and being able to hear the guests in every room around us, the amount of actual rest was limited. Arriving at the pool by 11:30 AM wasn't early enough to find chairs easily.

The facility are nice and doesn't feel like a standard resort (good prices) with the exception of having to pay for use of the lazy river (with a tube) and water slide. The best days were the two days the weather was bad an no one was around.

5  Thank KT332014

Welcome back from your recent stay and we appreciate you sharing your experience. We’re pleased to see that you found the resort facilities and affordable amenities to be favorable. We apologize if you may have been disturbed while in your villa by a member of our team. Although amenities such as the pool tubes come at a fee, there are many amenities such as kid’s golf, the multiple pools, basketball, and others that are at no cost to you. You also can purchase a Play Pass during your stay that will include the other amenities at an all-inclusive price. We hope that you give us another opportunity in the future to show you how much fun a vacation with us can be.