We stayed at Orange Lake Resort in February, we usually book a private villa when we holiday in Orlando. Listed below are the good and bad points.
Accommodation very spacious
Safe environment to move around the complex
Good internal transport buses around the complex, enables one to have a drink and not worry about driving
Lots of restaurants/bars on-site with reasonable priced food and drinks
Lots of restaurants just outside the complex
Publix supermarket at the entrance to the complex
Good for golfers with nice golf courses and golf academy
Lovely pool areas, especially at River Island Village and West Village where there is a sandy beach
Maid service after staying one week (we were there for two weeks), change of bedlinen and towels and replenishments of soap, dishwasher powder, toiletries, kitchen roll etc.
Close to Disney
Cashless system was very good but if you want golf tuition you need to take cash, my husband was caught out on one occasion when he assumed he could pay with his room card
Furniture was dated in our condo (we were in the East Village)
Media/Audio Visual equipment was very dated there was and old DVD/Video player in the condo, there was no music system, a small flat screen in the lounge area and three old CRT TVs in the 3 bedrooms
Kitchen utensils were very sparse, no scissors in the units which would have been useful
Rusty shelves in the oven
The dishwasher didn't clean very well
Bad soundproofing between floors, we were disturbed a few times by the family above us, it sounded like their floor was tiled (ours were carpeted) which made the sound transference even worse
The carpets in our condo were stained and the underlay was crumbling underneath
The pool hire equipment was expensive to hire, the rubber rings for the lazy river were $9 each (we didn't bother)
We had a nice, smaller, pool next to our condo units but the music that was piped around it was awful - horrible fringe jazz music (I appreciate that some people may like this but it is hardly mainstream music), in fact most people were reading either books or kindles and I think everyone would have appreciated a quiet area (my husband had to resort to taking his headphones and iPod with him to drown it out).
The restaurants were not very well patronised and we thought they missed an opportunity by not holding a BBQ by the 'beach' in their West Village.
We were called on the telephone once by a lady who said she had been 'assigned' to us and asked us if we were going to any of the parks (we weren't) she asked if my husband was going to play golf, I told her he was and she suggested that she could save him some money by showing us some of their newer units (timeshare pitch), I told her that, actually, we weren't that impressed with the condo we were staying in, she was concerned and asked what was wrong so I told her - we never heard any more from her, no- one rang back to follow up on my complaint.
All in all a good experience if you are lucky enough to be allocated one of the newer condos. Would we go back? possibly because we enjoyed the resort style holiday but would be interested to try other resorts to compare.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom. At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river, 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the fun with your own personal attraction ticket concierge located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face, 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf, a bowling alley, arcades and 54 holes of golf. What's more, we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resort's activities. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service, nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotel.de, Vacatia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando