Short version - this company will lie and cheat you. Book somewhere else.
Longer one - we booked a room at a Holiday Inn in Oakville, ON last year (this part is important later). At the end of the call we were offered a trip to Orange Lake and they transferred us to the scammers known as Holiday Inn Club Vacations. We were offered a promotional price of $200 for three nights at the resort.
We were told that there would be a timeshare presentation involved and we would get $100 if we attended. Sounded fair so we booked.
Our trip was actually quite nice. We found the resort a little too spread out but it was well maintained. The events of the past two days has marred this memory and I will never ever deal with this company in future.
While on the trip we decided the timeshare tour wasn't worth the $100. Like polite Canadians we went to the Vacation Club desk to tell them in person. They repeatedly said "but you'll lose your $100!" but eventually they accepted that we weren't interested.
So imagine my surprise when I get my credit card statement and find an unexpected and unauthorized charge of $751 from two days after our trip. I assumed this was a mistake so I called the resort... at which point I was told that this was because we didn't attend the seminar.
We were never informed of this. We were repeatedly told the only "penalty" was the forfeiture of $100. The booking people told us this, the person that called to confirm told us this. Ranjiv at the Club Vacations desk told us this when we said we weren't participating. If we'd been told the actual penalty was $851 we would have been fkn pissed but we would have gone!
I really hope this review causes many people to re-think their vacation choices. We work hard for our money and scammy companies hiding behind lawyers and dumb customer service reps don't deserve it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom. At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river, 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the fun with your own personal attraction ticket concierge located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face, 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf, a bowling alley, arcades and 54 holes of golf. What's more, we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resort's activities. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service, nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Vacatia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando