“CAN'T GET ANY BETTER”

Ranked #17 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Stevensville, Michigan
“CAN'T GET ANY BETTER”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

When you get there you are treated as a GUEST. Then FRIEND. Luxury accommodations and many things to do. Golf, Shop, Swin, Eat (HMMMM GOOOOOOD), and SERVICE with a SMILE. Everyone was friendier than you could imagine. Made reservations through IHC. Went to a owners tour. Very interested, but didn't buy. That was it. NO PRESSURE. Will definately return. River Island Grilling Co. on site is a must for GOOOOOD food and service. (LISA & THOMAS). Will stay longer next time.

Room Tip: Check with Trip Advisor and others for DEALS.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HIClubVacations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Greetings and welcome home from your recent stay with us in Orlando. Nothing makes us happier than hearing how our guests were able to enjoy their vacation with us. We constantly strive to make sure you have the best vacation experience possible, and we’re so glad to hear that our staff was able to make your stay that much better. We can’t wait to have you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,394)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Rockaway, NY
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We are back for our fourth visit. We are owners for 16 months now. Stay is west village usually. This time river island. Love it. The room is a small one bedroom but at the end so no noise. Very comfortable. Note in kitchen only has a microwave convection oven not a regular oven. Also has two burners only. But it's good for two. If you are considering the one bedroom clubhouse this is a much better option. You would so much more comfortable here. It has a stackable washer and dryer. Small living room with couch and chair. Nice two chair screened in patio. The bathroom has a garden tub not a jacuzzi. The bed room is with a king size bed and small but good enough. The bed was nice. The pillows stink. The unit was not cleaned that good. The kitchen was not cleaned enough. The counters were sticky and burner and micro dirty. The dishes needed to be rewashed. I had to pay for maintenance um if I had to clean up please tell me why I had to clean up. But other than that complaint it was a nice unit. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Dawn33
HIClubVacations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Hello and welcome home from your recent stay with us. We’re happy to hear that your most recent stay with us was a pleasant one. Our villas are thoroughly cleaned and inspected by our Housekeeping department in-between guests. However, we apologize if we may have missed something. We always encourage our guests to let us know right away of any needs or issues they encounter during their stay. We look forward to hosting you again for your next visit.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We've been owners here for about 15 years and come here about 1/4 of the time. All units are large and comfortable. Skip the owner update. It has never been anything but an owner upgrade pressure sales pitch. I won't send friends on the promos I get because I don't want to subject them to a 2 hour sales presentation. Pay-go-enjoy.
Huge property with lots to do. Multiple pool complexes, lake and beach with water activities, multiple golf course choices, tennis, handball, fitness centers, kiddy theater, arcades, bars, resturants, shopping, activities and more. Courtesy shuttle to get around. On our last visit we never left the property other than to visit friends and a couple dinners off property. Seem to remember some sort of minor maintenance issue each time we are there. The more important ones get taken care of, but don't expect everything to get fixed.

West Village: Older area. mostly small villas along golf courses. We like that, quiet, no running in the hallway, limited neighbor noise. We own and usually stay here. A little distance to everything yet closest to everything, best shuttle availability. Centeral complex has registration, kids area with arcade and theater, lake beach, pool complex, resturant/bar, put put, fitness center, tennis courts, golf center, & more.

North Village: Great kiddy pool complex. On lighted 9 hole par 3 course. kind of off in the corner. Most units a long walk to pool complex with little or no shuttle service till you walk to the main access roads.

East Village: Golfers paradise. Really out of the way from the rest of the resort. Like North Village, limited shuttle service. Bring a car or bikes. Legends grill with nightly activities. Best views of the Disney fireworks.

River Island: Have stayed here twice. All units right at lazy river pool complex with 0 entry walk in pools for the kids. Resturant, bars, shops and nightly entertainment. Units are high rise hotel style and as such you get noise from hall and neighbors. Pool area gets very crowded.

Room Tip: See notes above. Each village has a different character. Know what you want to do. If you wnat to...
5 Thank DinDetroit
cooperstown
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Was impressed with the 2 bedroom suite that we were renting for 5 days at Orange Lakes Resort and was looking forward to having several days to get back in shape. Went to the Fitness facility at the West Village and it was not very well supplied. To work out today, then, I went to the on our way to the supposedly 90 minute sales pitch for the Time Share. One had to drive to the West gate, and taken in a golf cart about 1/2 mile to another facility for a 150 minute 'discussion' of the advantages of time shares. When told we were not likely interested, we were sent to a place to pick up the offer made for the review and were not taken back to our car and were left to our own to get back. Went to the Fitness facility at this location. The sound for the TV on 6 bikes and 3 eliptical machines did not work and the eliptical machines clinked and clanked and were not usable. That was 0/2.
The 2 bedroom North Village room was very nice, clean and if that is all that is needed, you will be pleased. Would not recommend the Time Share presentation unless you are interested-they may get you back to your car!

3 Thank drelp
HIClubVacations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It’s so wonderful that you were able to enjoy your time at the resort. We appreciate you taking the time to attend one of our property tour presentations. We understand that vacation ownership may not be for everyone, and we appreciate you considering us. Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your thoughts on our fitness facilities. We strive to make sure all of our guests have the best possible time in and around our resort. We have passed along your thoughts to our resort team and would love to host you back again in the future.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I wish I could write good things about this resort because the property is beautiful and the villas and condos are nicely furnished but that all I can say about it.
The management is the worst I have seen. The service is extremely poor and the cleanliness and maintenance of property is pathetic. We stayed on this property in Dec 2012 and whatever could have gone bad did.
First we were assigned a condo and when we reached the building was dark and there were racoons roaming on the outside, we entered the condo only to find that the washer dryer is sitting in the middle of the hallway and is blocking access to one room. We were sent to a villa next and there we found a frog in the kitchen, called the front desk and nobody came that night, so closed our bedroom doors and went to sleep. In the morning, my daughter went to use the restroom and came out screaming as that frog was in the toilet now, my husband went to check on that and the frog jumped from the toilet to the shower curtain splashing toilet water every where, called front desk again and by that time half of our family got ready and left for universal using the other restroom and since only one bathroom was usable we were stuck at the villa waiting for someone to resolve the issue, after lunch time someone came to change the shower curtain and take care of the frog but still no house keeping to clean the mess in the bathroom. We went out to entertain the kids as they missed the time for the theme park, when we came back, there was a lizard in the kitchen, again called the front office, no one came and my husband tried to take care of it. I understand that its Florida and you expect these creatures but if in Dec there are so many of them inside then I don't know what to expect in hotter months, I thinks the accommodations would be infested with snakes instead of these reptiles.
When we brought these issues up again at check out, the manager was not at all helpful and said there is nothing he can do except to give us vouchers for breakfast at one of the restaurants on the property, when I have issues about the property, why would I eat there. I will never return to this property and will never recommend it to any one.
I just wish someone will look into this and the Higher Management of Holiday Inn take some serious steps about the lack of cleanliness, poor front desk's response and lack of management's cooperativeness. The property is beautiful but in the hands of wrong management it will just go downhill.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
13 Thank TravelingMomi
Hello and thank you for your review. We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your recent experience. In an attempt to find out more about your stay with us we have attempted to contact you through private message. We apologize if you issues were not met with the care and concern that our guests have come to expect from a stay with us. We take animal control very seriously at our property, and are surprised to hear of your experience. We appreciate you letting our staff know right away of the issues you encountered. We sincerely apologize if our attempts to make it right did not meet what you were looking for. We look forward to hearing from you.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I like this resort, but it took me a while to get to that point. I booked a room here at the last minute for a business trip and it came up on the Holiday Inn booking site for a very low rate. I will admit I was probably a little off-put at first because I was approaching my stay from a hotel perspective, and this property is a time share resort. The two are further apart than you might imagine. Check inn was painful, as it seemed to take twenty minutes for each guest to check in, and even as a top tier priority club member when my turn finally came it was no different. After five or six minutes of fumbling around the desk clerk did pick up on my irritation and picked up the pace, but even after getting my room assigned he had to go ask someone where it was on the property. I was then turned over to a nice woman who escorted me to a second desk to find out about my free gift, which would only require another hour or so of my time listening to a sales pitch. I had to explain three times that I was working during my stay and I wasn’t interested before I could head to my room, (which turned out to be in the same building!) After a few quick phone calls I headed down to the restaurant and ran smack into a kid’s poolside evening sunset party with cranked music and a very enthusiastic MC. I opted to try one of the other on-property restaurants - about a five minute drive to the other side of the resort. I got an adult trivia contest with cranked music and an enthusiastic MC.
It wasn’t until the next morning when I took a walk before breakfast that I got a chance to see how neat a place this is. The grounds are immaculate, extensively landscaped and everything is well maintained. There are several large pools for swimming as well as a sandy lakeside beach, a full arcade in the basement, excellent work out room, even a theater room with nightly movies. I passed several golf courses.
After looking around, I realized the property was essentially a Disney cruise ship on land, with golf. Families with kids were having a great time. Golfers were having a great time. The staff was super friendly. I found out they even have a 9-hole golf layout that is lit for night play and that kids can play for free. There were postings for activities for both families and lids.
My room overlooked the enclosed atrium and was quite dark, even on a sunny afternoon. If I were to go back I would spring for a nicer location, but my 1 bedroom suite was fine. There was a stove top, microwave and small refrigerator, all good enough for breakfast in the room. The bed was very comfortable. The walls in the living room were kind of thin, but no noise problems in the bedroom. I guess you could decide you aren’t going to be in the room that much so why not save a few dollars, but this is one place where springing for the nicer room would be worth it.
Overall, there are more than 3000 units across this resort, so for a quiet getaway this may not be the best choice. But if you want to do the Orlando tourist thing without being tied to one resort and want a top- rate place to use as your base, this would be an excellent choice.
Be aware that check in is all about getting you to a sales person, (tickets, tours or a week of guaranteed bliss forever) and decide in advance what freebee is worth a couple of hours of interrupted vacation. Then hit the pool and let the fun begin!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
9 Thank Carldaddy
Hello and welcome home from your recent business trip. Many of our travelers are surprised and delighted to find out how much more we offer when they come to stay with us. We truly strive to offer our guests the best vacation experience possible. You give a great overview of what guests can expect from a stay with us. We would love to host you back again for another business trip or fun-filled vacation.
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went down for a week with a friend whose family has a time share. the place was beautiful, staff helpful and grounds very clean. had a ground floor room looking out onto the golf course. we were doing disney and universal and had to book shuttles with an independant firm which leaves very little flexability to get back and forth as it has to be booked at least 2 hrs in advance and of course costs each trip. cheaper than a cab mind you. it would be nice to see the resort have a shuttle leave for the parks lets say hour on the hour or something like that. they could charge a flat rate per day or cheaper more days you get and use it as much as u need. its next door to disney for it to be possible. my two cents anyways.

the only thing that was hard was that the property was so huge, u needed a shuttle to get around or would have been a half hour walk to the main lobby. other than that, no complaints. would difinately stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank cathy191
Hi there and welcome home from your recent stay with us. It’s so great to hear that you were able to have a great time while on vacation with us. We’re glad that you were able to experience so many of Orlando’s world class attractions. We appreciate your suggestions regarding a resort shuttle to attractions. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests and we would love the opportunity to host you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Floridays Resort Orlando
#21 of 336 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 7,810 reviews
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!