This resort is HUGE! There are a number of "villages" here. They are the North, West, East Village and River Island. Our villa was in the east village and there is a small pool nearby. There are many pools located throughout and they are all very nice. The water is always warm and the water slide at River Island is great! The lazy river, also at River Island was the best! My family loved it and so did I. You do have to rent tubes if you plan on floating around and the lifeguards will check to see if you have a wristband to use one. Otherwise you can just swim though or hang out like we did sometimes.
The rooms are a bit outdated with the island decor, but they are clean. I read some reviews about roaches and I was very apprehensive at first. Happily, I did not see any bugs besides the occasional mosquito in our villa. It was very clean and spacious. There were some dead bugs in the elevator but that is to be expected in the warm weather I guess.
The restaurants had great food. Tradewinds offers a great breakfast buffet, quick lunch and somewhat fancy dinner menu. I was impressed by that! There are many other restaurants but we didn't try them since we cooked in the villa or ate out while at the theme parks.
I must stress that Orange lake Resort is HUGE! It took us about 8 min to drive from the front gate to our villa and thats when we didn't get lost. There is a Publix within the resort but they close at 11pm so no late shopping.
My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom. At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river, 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the fun with your own personal attraction ticket concierge located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face, 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf, a bowling alley, arcades and 54 holes of golf. What's more, we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resort's activities. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service, nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando