Date of visit: 6/11/11-6/17/11
-Huge 3 bedroom/3 bath condo, whirlpool in master bath, lots of space. 3rd bdrm huge for in-laws.
-Free WiFi: super fast-faster than we get at home.
-Proximity to Super Target and Publix Grocery
-Proximity to Irlo Bronson Hwy: restaurants, shops, mini golf
-Proximity to Disney World
-River Island Lazy River & Pools
-large fitness center
-View of golf course from patio
-armadillos, deer and other wildlife roaming around
-full kitchen with stove, oven, dishwasher, double sink, microwave, coffee maker.
-Showers only in 2 other baths (but we bathed the kids in our tub)
-Have to drive or take a shuttle anywhere within the resort (from our bldg anyway in 95F+ heat and humidity)
-Daily automated messages left on room phone for activities. A flyer at check-in would have sufficed.
No line at check-in (but we came at 10pm on a Saturday). If you don't want to do a timeshare presentation, simply walk out the front door after receiving your room assignment and keys! The "welcome center" is a separate desk and you aren't 'required' to cash in that $20 voucher.
If you're missing anything from the room, just call housekeeping. They will drop off anything you're missing (even if you're not there).
You can wave down a shuttle outside on the sidewalk...it'll stop for you.
If we stay here again, we'll be sure to ask for a unit at River Island. Much more convenient (shops/pool, etc) and closer to the resort entrance/exit.
Ate at one restaurant in the West Village during our stay. Waited a little longer than usual for the kids food. Hoped to save some $$ from eating outside the resort, but it was the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom. At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river, 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the fun with your own personal attraction ticket concierge located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face, 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf, a bowling alley, arcades and 54 holes of golf. What's more, we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resort's activities. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service, nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando