“Sweet - It meets all of our needs!”

Champions World Resort
Ranked #34 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Bell, FL, USA
“Sweet - It meets all of our needs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

This has become our favorite place to stay on a regular basis! We love going to the parks and Champions is so convenient. It's close to the parks, has a fridge (a big help when you have little ones that need their milk), and a microwave!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Albany, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights (Sept 21 - 26, 2010) to golf and visit Disney's Animal Kingdom. Our room was on the second floor and was basic room. It was clean but the fixtures were very dated. The water knobs in the shower both had a C for cold water on them and we didn't have hot water. I called the front desk and someone was there in about 30 minutes to fix it.

On Saturday night, the room next door was very noisy in the early morning hours making it difficult to sleep. The walls are thin and we could hear several people talking loudly and laughing. I called the front desk and they were going to send security to check it out. The noise did not stop and we decided to get up and check out very early in the morning. I went to the desk to check out and asked about the noisy room next door. The nighttime clerk said there was a wedding on Saturday and the wedding party had the room next to us. These people were drinking outside until the early hours of the AM and then moved the party to a room. The people in the room on the other side of the wedding party were also checking out and also complained. The clerk listed to my complaint, asked if I wanted another room and I told her we were checking out and flying back home today. Wedding parties should be given rooms away from other vacationers so that people who want to sleep can do so.

The staff were friendly but with the minor problems we experienced, we would not stay there again. Last year we stayed at the Radisson down the road and did not experience any of these problems.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

rotherham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

Arrived at the check in desk, were allocated adjoining rooms on the first floor, rooms 253 & 255.
me and partner were in 253, parents in 255.
opened the door, room was clean, no funny smells, and beds very comfortable. had a fridge (with freezer compartment), microwave and coffee maker (which coffee was provided every day). i had no complaints at all.

in my parents room the door lock was faulty and they had to try the card about 5-10 times each time to get in there, contacted reception who sent someone straight away but it was a old lock and just refused to open first time, but we didn't want to change rooms so left it at that.

There was free wifi availabile, it said in the rooms, and it was for the first day then then it didnt seem to work, asked reception who said the hotel had been hit by lightening and wiped everything out, so we had to travel to the lobby to use it there instead.

always fresh towels, if needed or not and beds changed frequently throughout the 2 weeks stay.

pools were clean (although some dirty **** did decide to take a sh1t in the undercover pool one day, but there was always the other pool to use while it was being cleaned and that was not the hotels fault, they didnt know until i told them.

No bugs in the room at all. There was some outside the door but there was absolutely nothing the hotel could have done to stop a fly or too taking a seat on the handrail.

all in all, a good value place to stay in a great location. rooms could do with a lick of paint but they ain't that dated.
i would def stay there again.

Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2010

We held our yearly retreat for Bishops, Priests and Deacons at Champions World Resort in Kissimmee. Everything went so smoothly from the initial contact with our sales rep, Maria Rolon, to the quality of the meeting room which was converted to both a meeting room and chapel for Mass. The breakfasts and lunch was great and Patsy our server attended to every detail. Rooms were affordable, clean and had all the needed amenities. Staff could not do enough to assist us in any way necessary. Bishop Terry on Sunday stated that he would like to see next year's retreat back at Champions World Resort. We highly recommend and give it our full blessing.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

My boyfriend and I won a trip to this resort, so we decided to go, even after reading the horrible reviews online. We decided we could always go to Days Inn if it was that bad. Upon arrival, the outside looks nice. There's a bright playground in front and the lobby was nice and renovated. The guy working there was very nice and helpful.

We were staying in building E. As we opened the door, we were a little apprehensive, but it was clean. There was nothing special about it, but I didn't see any mold or bugs anywhere. The vents in the ceiling were very dusty, but otherwise, the room itself was fine. The toilet didn't flush very well, so we went to the lobby if we had any heavy duty bathroom needs. Also, all their mattresses are supposedly new Sealy Posturepedics. Ours were both so hard, we had trouble sleeping at night and woke up with stiffness.

The lobby offers free wi-fi if you ask for the password at the desk. There were supposedly three pools. We swam in the "covered" pool, which was pretty old, but clean. One of the "sun" pools was closed, and we didn't check the third one. Everything is pretty spread out. Also, the clientele that we saw tended to be pretty hillbilly.

Anyway, I think we were happy because we had very low expectations, and it wasn't terrible. If you're on a budget, I'd say go ahead and stay here.

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

I frequently have occasion to be in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. The first time I stayed at this hotel, I came to the area without knowing where I was going to stay, and since I was traveling alone, I chose this one because because it looked reputable and because of the location -- it was convenient for me relative to my family-connected reason for visiting the area. Following that very first time, I have continued to book my subsequent stays with them because in addition to the convenient location, the staff is warm, friendly, welcoming and efficient.

One of their slogans is "Welcome Home!" and I must say they make me feel at home when I call to make my reservation and reach Myra; when I walk into the lobby to check in and meet Rodrigo Nosti or Jenny Vasquez at the front desk; or upon leaving, when I am checked out by Joanne or Lester. A guest does not have the feeling that they are just a client, just a number, a stranger checking in for a short stay soon to be gone and who cares? Here, they care and they show it. Again, that is especially important to me since I am traveling alone.

The hotel, actually a large and well-equipped resort, has many amenities which I do not need but they add to the significance of such a fine facility. When I was planning a trip for my daughter-in-law and grandchildren, this was a perfect location! With accommocations and activities suitable for adults and children, convenient to all the area's most desirable sites and attractions, this was the perfect place for us to stay!

Many of the hotels and resorts in the area offer location, free internet, swimming pools, conference rooms, etc. What they DON'T have is the staff Champions has. It is the PEOPLE who are the public face of any company. THEY are the ones we see, the ones we speak to on the phone. And when it comes down to it, they are often the reason we return. They, in addition to location, are the reason I continue to choose Champions World Resort in Kissimmee.

I wrote the general manager of the hotel and told him how much I appreciate the staff and the hotel, but it finally occurred to me that I should tell those who don't already know how great a place this is! So, this is my review.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Albany, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night after returning from a cruise. Nice room, extremely clean with comfortable beds, helpful front desk staff. The hotel itself is well-kept, pool is nice. No noise noticed from other rooms even though there were guests in rooms on either side of us. We paid $40 for a triple which was good for a hotel a step above many others on Irlo Bronson. Would definitely stay again at this establishment.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family