“Fine for a stopover”

Ranked #34 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Hove
“Fine for a stopover”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Slept here after arriving at Orlando airport. Location on the side of a highway is nothing to write home about. The resort is quite large and spread out. the beds were okay. We noticed that there were a couple of pools under an awning/roof in the open which would be useful for kids to cool off in on a hot day. There was a computer in the the lobby for use by hotel guests which had a much better internet speed, than the wifi in our room which was steamdriven.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank martinaHove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have stayed at a lot of places but tis was the pretty GROSS. Thank goodness for my bath and body works room spray (that only killed the smell for 30 mins tops). The room smeels like mildew and mold....the air didn't work right. I spent more time at the parks instead of my nasty room. Everything in my travel bag was moist and smelled because of the room. I felt gross getting ready in the mornings. The fridge was dirty with black hairs in it as if they used the same rag to clean everything. I even got bit by an insect from sleeping in the nasty beds. Game room only had about 4 wall vendor games....not a real game room. They say there is an advertised 50 dollar refundable fee but I did NOT see that...they take out the 7 dollar a day fees from that. I had to wear shower shoes and even after a shower still felt like I stunk....probably because of the room making my clean clothing stinky and moist. The room looked as if it were falling apart...JUST GROSS.

Room Tip: Just save your money, this is advertised as a RESORT...it's not even considered an upscale MOTEL...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank S K

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Lebanon, CT
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Spent one night, front desk employees very helpful! When printer in lobby was not working they let me go in back and use their computer to print out our boarding passes. Pool areas both looked very nice and little beach area behind hotel also looked very nice. Rooms had both arefig and microwave which would be great if staying longer. Lots of road work outside of hotel which made foe some long waits but many restaurants, gift shops etc in the immediate area. Very close to Disney Parks as well as International Drive and Celebration.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Lyn-Ann F
Mumbai
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This was great value for money. The resort was much much more than expected. Two double beds, all rooms have microwave, refrigerator TV etc. Maintenance is very helpful. My kids stroller wheel was not working properly and we wanted to use that in Magic Kingdom. The Maintenance staff saw us fixing it on lobby and believe me, he took the rod to his workshop, fixed it with 5 mins and gave the stroller back!

Overall it was excellent experience staying here and refer to friends

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank hagu123
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Checking on me got there the line was long and the service was nice and friendly. We have stayed there before that about nine when noises started coming from the room next to us call the office and they said it's a security guard about An hour later of the security guard told them to quiet down But we still heard them through the wall. After we returned from Disney our room the door was left wide open luckily nothing was missing so we called the office they didn't know what happened the room was messed up and they didn't apologize in person they said they would talk to someone witch I doubt they did and they were like oops sorry. Then at like10 i noises started again in the room next door until 1 in the morning and nobody did nothing about it then we left we will stay elsewhere next time

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Andrew C
Babson Park, Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We first stayed at Champions World in November 2013 to celebrate my son's 7th birthday at Disney World. I stayed again in early February 2014 as a get-away birthday gift from my husband for myself.

In November I payed around $45 a night, and in February it was about $55. Both great prices in my opinion. As expected, you will find the prices higher at peak times which is normal for all hotels.

When we arrived, the Lobby Staff was prompt and super nice. I am so bad with names, I wish I could remember them. But let me say that during both stays I never encountered one rude staff person! They were ALL wonderful!

The grounds are clean and it is very inviting. We stayed in a Covered Poolside Room [2 double beds]. The room was so clean and sparkling! I loved the tile throughout! The coffee maker, microwave and mini-fridge were great!
Plenty of channels! I never did use their wi-fi, so I can comment on that.

I informed the hotel staff that it was my son's birthday and could I add a birthday package to our room so he would be surprised for his birthday.
My son is Autistic and these things just light up his day!

When we arrived in the room it was more than I ever imagined! They had fresh baked cookies for him, several balloons, and a bag full of goodies from a Disney/Mickey Mouse Backpack to coloring book/crayons, and little things to play with. I was just blown away!! My son was so excited!
[See pictures I've attached!]

We didn't use the sun pool, but it was so clean!

WE adored the covered HEATED pool! It was chilly and rainy in November, but my son still swam and loved it. The kiddie pool isn't heated, but it was very nice as well. The pool area/landscaping was so inviting and great for families to gather around the pool!

The nature area in the back of the resort is a MUST DO!!!!! If it's a chilly winter night take some firewood back to the fire pit on the "beach" and enjoy! The trails were beautiful, and my son and I had an amazing time exploring.
The gazebo area is gorgeous. I would love to re-new our vows here!

The hotel itself on the outside [especially around the covered pool area], looks kind of 60s vintage to me and I love that! I think it was the architecture of the pool covering and the colors of the hotel.

We ate breakfast a couple of times in their dining room and it was great! They had something for everyone. Cereal [hot and cold], eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy, biscuits, fresh cut fruit, bagels, breads, juice, tea, and coffee. It was $10 for an adult, and I can't remember the kiddos price. Not to bad for all offered!

I didn't eat the dinner food. But I did have a couple of drinks in the lounge and they were great and well priced! And I did have their wings which were awesome! The bartender was so nice!

Housekeeping was amazing!

And they had a playground for the kiddos was great as well!

I highly recommend this if you are on a budget. It exceeded our expectations.

Thank you Champions World. We WILL be back!!!
Wish you had a rewards program!!!!

Room Tip: Get a covered pool side view room. I thought it looked especially pretty in the evening!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

5 Thank Terra G
neenah
Reviewed February 9, 2014

this was a very nice place to stay. the staff was friendly and helpful. They were always willing to help. were greeted with smiling faces. rooms were clean and comfortable. Hot tub was nice. heated pool was a plus since the weather was unusually cold. the grounds behind the building were very pretty. breakfast was ok for the price. the $7.00 a night resort fee was the only drawback. but considering other places not as nice charge the same. This was ok with us. all in all this was a nice place to stay.. kudos to all the staff..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends