“What did I do to deserve this”

Champions World Resort
Ranked #34 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had heard comments from other travelers about a hotel down the road that was bad. We had a sinking feeling in the pit of out soul that they were refering to were we were heading to. We go pood directions from one of the other hotels in the chain and still could not locate it in the dark. (Poor directions) Called the "hotel" and get very good directions to the location. That is were the good ended - with directions. Once we found the property we were surprised as it looked nice from the road and parking lot. We were early for check in butwe went in to verify our reservstion and to request a cot. We arrived much later and were informed the cot was not in the room but would be sent right away. That was pointless as they sent us to a dirty room. I tried to call the desk but got no answer. Housekeeping arrived with the cot and call the front desk to let them know the room was dirty. I headed back to reception to try to secure a room but it took what seemed like forever. It was 11PM and I was leaving at 3:30AM. I dare not ask for a wake up call for fear of it going to the wrong room. Once a room was secured it reaked of old lady purfum. I was glad I was there for only a few hours. Security stopped by to assist housekeeping move the cot up the stairs (think motel) but I told him we had done it ourselves as we had an early departure. 45minutes later a knock on the door with a cot.

Room Tip: Rooms at differnt hotel
2  Thank Dancers-dad-wpg
Write a ReviewReviews (2,221)

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

The mattresses were hard & uncomfortable. Check in was at 3. We arrived at 4:30 and our room was not ready. They gave us another room telling us it was an upgrade. I have no idea what was upgraded. I paid for 2 double beds, pull out couch, fridge & microwave. That's what we got. No upgrade. Also, I cannot remember the last time I had a hotel room without a coffee maker! No free breakfast but we knew that upfront. We brought breakfast items but still had to run over to McDonalds for coffee. I had to ask for linens & a pillow for the pull out bed. For the price I expected a bit more.
The outside is wonderful. A nice pool. Beautiful walking areas, a basketball court and pretty waterfalls.
The staff was very nice.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank IndianaFitz61
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was coming in way after midnight so I wanted a cheap room for the night. I got the room for $26 so I took 2. I said if everybody like the room I would stay for 2 more nights. Everyone said let's go because they knew what the next hotel was. But we hAD A TON OF SPACE WITH TWO ROOMS. I have stayed in more expensive rooms that were not as good. The tile floors were nice but wifeypooh said they made her socks dirty. It was a normal hotel-like check-in at the lobby experience with fun friendly folks. But let's face it, this was a motel. It had 2 or 3 pools, basket ball court and basefall field. I never saw all the nature shots in the photos. We were in the back which was spooky and I feared for our safety but all was good and peaceful. One review said the free wifi was bad back there but mine was fine. The safe in the one room was not working so I just used the other. I got the late check-out. I like being treated to a really awesome hotel as do my kids but for a cheap overnight stay, this room was the bomb. Overall bill was $87 for 2 rooms which included $14 for a "resort fee"- yeah, right. Everyone agreed the beds were good. I have a bad back and had no complaints. The sofa bed didnt look too good. I was kinda scared to even sit on it but no one used it because we had enough beds. Nice flat screen tv and cable line-up. I never saw a game room but there was a gift shop ( $5 minimum to use your bank card). The location was good, close to Disney and everything you need is on the same street- Target, Walgreens, Denny's, I-hop, Sizzler, Chik-fil-a, Ponderosa, etc. just drive up and down and you can find any little thing you need. I'm gonna copy and paste the rest- Overall we were quite happy with the hotel compared to others that we have stayed at in the area over the years. Good customer service goes a long way and the staff here was great. For the price you pay (which was very reasonable) this is an excellent property at which to stay and I would recommend it for both families and couples on somewhat of a budget.

4  Thank SamJ J
Reviewed December 30, 2013

A Budget motel with 1 star if anything. The accomodations are minimal at best. Good location...horrible service.........Did I say horrible enough
The pictures of the rooms are not featured for a reason
The area is nice and the shower was clean, but nothing else GOOD to say
The restaurant, buffet voucher is and cannot be recomended
The cashier goes from handling money to food preparation, to sweeping the trash and back to the cash register. YUCK
It is not all his fault......
You can thankthe Office Manager, Ryan McCallum for many of the atrocious areas for the property . In my opion STAY FAR AWAY
and I am not afaid to put my name down becuase I tried to bring things to his attention
Alan Knight 954-709-2526.
My dog did not have any complaints however !

4  Thank alan k
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I've stayed in worse places but the room was definitely questionable. I don't think it was dirty but it was definitely old. I suppose the general theory is that you won't spend much time in your room because the pools and the nature center are pretty nice. The grounds and the trail around the ponds led to a relaxing walk and some excellent picture opportunities. The food was forgettable but not bad. Overall I'd prefer to avoid this "resort" and won't be visiting again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jared E
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights before moving to International Drive. We booked it online while in Key West so got a good room rate. The desk staff we very friendly. The room we had was clean and comfortable. The buffet breakfast was fine but get there early before the price goes up. There is not much on that part of the 192 so use it as a base. Although we did not use the pools they looked clean. Would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephen R
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We really liked the location for the parks and the day trips we had planned.
Liked the lay-out and the nature area in the back.
Beds were hard and not comfortable - but only thing I could complain about.
Staff was friendly

Room Tip: We likes the ground floor - as we had many day trips planned
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple