“Had a great stay”

Champions World Resort
Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We really liked the location for the parks and the day trips we had planned.
Liked the lay-out and the nature area in the back.
Beds were hard and not comfortable - but only thing I could complain about.
Staff was friendly

Room Tip: We likes the ground floor - as we had many day trips planned
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,188)

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Three of us stayed here and it was what you expect from staying on 'the strip' on Irlo Bronson Hwy. Like so many other hotels in the area, Champions has just gone through a major renovation which it clearly needed. We were initially put in two rooms at the very back of the hotel (facing the sports field) which was great because it is much quieter but the wifi does not work back there. So after the first night I called in the morning and asked to be moved. Can't remember the lady's name working the front desk but she was fantastic and very helpful and had us moved to the front of the hotel. I wouldn't recommend staying that close to the road as #192 is a very busy highway and there was ongoing construction while we were there. The traffic is pretty loud in the morning but not a huge issue.

Really my only complaint here were the beds. For all the renovations they did they should have put in new ones. From the side of them you can see the mattresses sit atop old box springs which were pretty tattered. In the four different rooms we were in at least one bed in each of them had a big 'dip' in the middle and they were creaky beds. I liked the fact there was no carpet in the rooms as they tend to hold nasty things over time. The room itself was clean and it was nice having two sinks. The shower was solid.

The heated pool was great especially late at night after a long day out. Would like to see them enforce the pool rules a little more as some people were jumping in with their street clothes on (jeans in the pool, who does that?) but understandably it's not a big priority for them. We didn't eat the buffet breakfast they offered. You can go down the road to Sizzler for half the price. The location of the hotel is quite good as well. You are just off the busy part of the strip and close to Hwy #27 which you can take south to the interstate and head across for a short trip to the Gulf side (the best side!)

Overall we were quite happy with the hotel compared to others that we have stayed at in the area over the years. Good customer service goes a long way and the staff here were great. For the price you pay (which was very reasonable) this is an excellent property to stay at and I would recommend it for both families and couples on somewhat of a budget.

Room Tip: If you want quiet stay in either the east side complex (where the hot tub is) or on the south side...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This resort is even nicer than the web site shows!! The staff are so knowledgeable. There isn't anything they don't do! all the staff! This is the place to be to just relax..15 acres of lush florida gardens , hot ,hot tub and 3 pools ,one heated and covered. Ok , last week the boys basetball Nationals was held near here and a lot of the buses came in. Refreshing to see such great kids and coachs, all so polite! We all took turns in the pool :) No problems ever with great security personnel. Safe and secure! Best place to stay with a family or on your own!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Lovely friendly staff. Great hotel. Very peaceful this time of year. Bit out of the way for the parks but they do offer a free bus. Shame it's only once a day though. Peter hooked us up with cheap tickets. Have a lovely nature park you can walk round. Maids cleaned our room every day. Only issue is if your in in a ground floor room the noise of the maids dragging the cleaning trolleys makes a lot of noise. Will deffo return

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
2  Thank Floridahooked
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This was my first time staying at this hotel and I am very happy that I did. This hotel is pet friendly which was very important for this stay as I needed to bring my dogs with me. The hotel separates the pet rooms from other guest rooms so that non-pet guests are not disturbed. Luckily my dogs tend to be very quiet, but also, if there were any other pets in the hotel, I never heard them.

The hotel is located approximately 2 miles west of World Drive if you're planning to go to Disney so it was pretty convenient.

The staff were extremely friendly, probably more so than most other hotels I've stayed at in the Kissimmee area. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The only negative thing that I can even possibly come up with about the room was that the television didn't get clear pictures (could be a cable issue) and the WIFI was EXTREMELY slow if I was able to get connected at all. However, I wasn't in the room very often. At most I was only in the room for about 4 hours for a 2 night stay when i wasn't sleeping or at one of the Disney parks. So the television being on the fritz was that bad, but I do wish that the WIFE would have worked better as I could have got some work done and/or kept myself entertained with Netflix or something.

The grounds of the hotel were pretty immaculate, no garbage laying around and it was relatively quiet everywhere you went. The pool area was very nice and the hot tub looked very inviting, but I forgot my bathing suite so I didn't get to use it.

Hope this helps anyone who reads it and is trying to make a decision on whether or not to stay here.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with pets, this is a good hotel to stay in. Pet friendly rooms are on the f...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JMFTL
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here from the 15th-29th Dec and had a brilliant 2 weeks ,it had everything we wanted and needed for a Disney holiday without breaking the bank ,the room was lovely and clean housekeeping came every day made beds changed towels ,the Hotel staff was lovely especially Lisa on front desk and bar manager and restaraunt staff every one really nice ,,,the pools were really nice undercover one which was just outside our room was lovely and warm .hot tub was devine, onsite shop sold all yr basics as well as Disney stuff ...food was really nice not to bad prices ,,

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jackieSeatonCarew
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here in mid October. Room was clean. Yes it has tile floors. I'd prefer that to dirty carpets any day. It was located near a Walmart and other shopping/dining nearby. There were no screaming kids in my building, nor did I ever feel unsafe. The outside does look a little sketchy, but pretty much everything in central Florida does.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo